Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Year's Resolution: What/Why?

Go down 
+5
RichardB
technics1210
maija
AdamM
thugsage
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

New Year's Resolution: What/Why? Empty
PostSubject: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 8:30 pm

easier to narrow it to one i reckon. i chose discipline, it's so far reaching. i've becoming a brooding little shit at times with sporadic intense workouts when i could gather students and time. i remember a time when my training and mindset was perfect. at 24 i was very very boring, girls didn't like me...and i couldn't give a toss lol! , i had my magic ugly shield on. what i did have was a training credo that was matchless. it was an interesting 3 years or so. it was discipline. and i think i felt alot of self worth from losing myself to my various codes and work ethics. i didn't miss the girls, drink, hedonism...though, when it all returned it became easy to forget those lessons. and that's, i guess, the nature of how ignorrance works on the whole system. i chose one thing because i don't believe anyone really makes changes when they're too ambitious and have a giant list. it's a set up to let it all fizzle like a punctured LILO lol! and set one's thoughts toward getting it right the following year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 1:08 pm

this year I will re-register to donate blood.
I did it once but had my tattoo soon after and you can't donate for 12 months after and just never got round to it again.
At the same time I'm going to get registered for Bone Marrow donation too.
Did you know that the Marrow you donate (in the unlikely event you're ever called on) is replaced by your body in under a week, and yet saves someones life?

Also, my company is moving virtually next door to the biggest poker room in europe so I'm going to try and get my poker career restarted and get a dedicated bankroll going.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Never to say 'I can't be bothered' (the same resolution for many years now), and find ways to generate progression in my practice.
Back to top Go down
technics1210

technics1210

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm going to start pushing weights 3 times a week and step up my cardio, work more on music production and sort out my diet.
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:21 pm

More exercise, better diet, more structure, generally getting my shit together. Not really a new year resolution. I've never been one for that stuff. But it's time to get on with it. I think this one can be narrowed down to discipline actually. Might as well go with that.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:57 pm

to have more fun and stand up straighter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Lonewolf333

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 1:27 am

Learn to cook and learn how to record music better. Also I'd like to learn how to do math better.
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 am

clean my house more, and eat healthier.. no more pizza! haha
Back to top Go down
bobspour

PostSubject: WHY RESOLVE?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm

A resolution by definition mean to re-solve. In other words you 'tried to solve it' once before and are now attempting to find a solution to the problem now.

Why not make New Year 'EVOLUTIONS' instead. Work out how you are going to evolve in the coming year and do that instead!

Just a thought...keep it in mind!

Happy New Year

Bob
Back to top Go down
http://www.sassurvival.co.uk
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:09 am

evolution? did I mention I intend to stand up straighter? Very Happy

monkey magic, monkey magic monkey
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolution: What/Why?   New Year's Resolution: What/Why? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year's Resolution: What/Why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Psychology-
Jump to: