Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Womens syllabus?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cocktail

cocktail

Womens syllabus? Empty
PostSubject: Womens syllabus?   Womens syllabus? EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Rich,
do you have anything available for women syllabus like you do for the beta-8? The womens dvd are ok but needs much more. Thanks! rabbit
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Womens syllabus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Womens syllabus?   Womens syllabus? EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 6:39 pm

well Ive just finished shooting the beta-8 there is NO physiological reason why women shouldnt be learning exactly what the men do, same body same weapons, same target the only problem is women are slightly more vindictive and naturally physciall aggressive than men (check the prison stats!) Wink

it will be out before month end, get it (its cheap: 5 dvds for £30) learn it, apply for your qualification - you send me video of yourself performing certain drills techniques, easy stuff really- I qualify you as a Beta-8 practitioner if you pass (you get a certificate saying so) then if you as an instructor choose to deliver the beta-8 syllabus as part of your training then thats cool, I would only ask you to encourage your students to buy some of my material Cool ... job done!

its the syllabus I would (and do) train my mum, gf, sister in no need to teach women anything different ...though the way you teach it as an instructor will have to change a bit obviously ... I cant teach you how to teach women as such, only the WHAT

give them the Beta-8 syllabus, they will love it, because its horrible and nasty pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
AdamM

Womens syllabus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Womens syllabus?   Womens syllabus? EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:14 pm

I'll second that. My female students are doing very well with the Beta-8 course
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

Womens syllabus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Womens syllabus?   Womens syllabus? EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
well Ive just finished shooting the beta-8 there is NO physiological reason why women shouldnt be learning exactly what the men do, same body same weapons, same target the only problem is women are slightly more vindictive and naturally physciall aggressive than men (check the prison stats!) Wink

it will be out before month end, get it (its cheap: 5 dvds for £30) learn it, apply for your qualification - you send me video of yourself performing certain drills techniques, easy stuff really- I qualify you as a Beta-8 practitioner if you pass (you get a certificate saying so) then if you as an instructor choose to deliver the beta-8 syllabus as part of your training then thats cool, I would only ask you to encourage your students to buy some of my material Cool ... job done!

its the syllabus I would (and do) train my mum, gf, sister in no need to teach women anything different ...though the way you teach it as an instructor will have to change a bit obviously ... I cant teach you how to teach women as such, only the WHAT

give them the Beta-8 syllabus, they will love it, because its horrible and nasty pirat

Yes the beta 8 original series is great and I do use some of it.......i just have a hard time seeing some of my female students using head controls and neck cranks and such......some of them just don't have it.......i agree that men and women should both be doing the same techniques, but for some odd reason i am pulled back to teaching them certain things......maybe its just me......i will def be checking out those new beta 8 videos. thanks richie
Back to top Go down
AdamM

Womens syllabus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Womens syllabus?   Womens syllabus? EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:23 pm

I agree that's something we're struggling with a bit too.
Unless the "emotional content" is there, they just don't get some of the clinch work.
Richie does point out that the syllabus is aimed at fighting a similar sized opponent. My girls have the same trouble with me as I do with my co-instructor who outweights me by about 6 stone.

I don't particularly want to clinch up with a him any more than they do with me (well, some of them might but in a different way Wink )

the eye gouge/throat attack, and striking is still unisex. I regularly get a head guard on and take some full power strikes from them and it certainly gets the tweety birds going round my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Womens syllabus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Womens syllabus?   Womens syllabus? Empty

Back to top Go down

Womens syllabus?
Page 1 of 1