Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

thai chi finals...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

thai chi finals... Empty
PostSubject: thai chi finals...   thai chi finals... EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W1ym3yggR4&feature=related

affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
RichardB

thai chi finals... Empty
PostSubject: Re: thai chi finals...   thai chi finals... EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Wow, tai chi is deadly stuff! Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

thai chi finals... Empty
PostSubject: Re: thai chi finals...   thai chi finals... EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Love that video.......... bounce
Back to top Go down
AdamM

thai chi finals... Empty
PostSubject: Re: thai chi finals...   thai chi finals... EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:57 pm

video is funny but, joking aside, isn't Tai Chi the ultimate example of learning combative movements in a Beta state like in Richies system?

I actually sparred full speed with a Tai Chi practitioner a few years ago and they were pretty handy.

granted, the huge majority of Tai Chi practitioners wouldn't have the first idea about applying what they're doing, but there are rare individuals who can
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

thai chi finals... Empty
PostSubject: Re: thai chi finals...   thai chi finals... EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 6:25 pm

...it wouldn't surprize me at all. it wasn't the social commentary it may have appeared. i just liked the skit. i've taken it before, and will be again--free place in my area, as a moving meditation that incorporates an opened hand. something that is appealing to me since i do alot more palm stuff lately.

sadly What a Face it's just that nothing is sacred to me bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
roadkill

roadkill

thai chi finals... Empty
PostSubject: Re: thai chi finals...   thai chi finals... EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 6:30 pm

I took Tai Chi Chuan for about a year and gained some of the most valuable information in regards to body mechanics I could have found.

At first it was very hard as the instructor kept telling me to relax when I thought I was. Frustrated me to no end, coming from hard styles made it very difficult to drop my rigid ways.

The most valuable thing I took from it was learning to use center line power in everything I did from that point on. Another valuable player to the game so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

thai chi finals... Empty
PostSubject: Re: thai chi finals...   thai chi finals... Empty

Back to top Go down

thai chi finals...
Page 1 of 1