Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!

Go down 
+6
Nav
Richard Grannon
AdamM
cocktail
Benjamin
Lonewolf333
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lonewolf333

KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! Empty
PostSubject: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 3:21 am

Yay!

That phoney was shown for what he was quicker then I thought!!!!!!!

Fucking eh!!!!
Back to top Go down
Benjamin

Benjamin

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 4:43 am

Interesting, who was he fighting? I will look it up on youtube.

I like Kimbo, he is a good fighter, though his beard looks stupid (I don't think i'd tell him that though)..

-Ben
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:07 am

What a pussy. He got caught but it was weak......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQOawETBiY
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:24 am

I'm lost. wasn't he supposed to be fighting Ken Shamrock last night?
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:32 am

seems Ken split his eye open 5 hours before the fight. saved him getting killed in the cage.

big break for Seth Petruzelli. I vaguely remember him from TUF.
Just one of those punches though. I'm no Slice fan, but hooks like that can put anyone to sleep. Look at Chuck v Rampage II. that was only a short hook.

Doesn't do Petruzelli any hard. He's already on a win streak apparently.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 pm

cocktail wrote:

nah mate, check it again and look how much he gets the effect of kimbos head rocking left to right... bang on the tip of the jaw-that was a beauty of a diddy shot!

as I always say knockouts are not about power its all about shot placement, timing and direction of force... and having shit pink hair- what you never heard me say you have to have shit hair before? pay attention!
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Nav

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 9:15 pm

now kimbo can get out of the limelight and focus on training, i dont know what to make of him really, he can seem modest sometimes and did say that hes knew and has to learn. fair enough if hes trying to provide for his family. was just tired of everyone thinking hes unstoppable as soon as he beats up a few men in someones back garden and a few old mma fighters
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 6:05 am

Richard Grannon wrote:
cocktail wrote:

nah mate, check it again and look how much he gets the effect of kimbos head rocking left to right... bang on the tip of the jaw-that was a beauty of a diddy shot!

as I always say knockouts are not about power its all about shot placement, timing and direction of force... and having shit pink hair- what you never heard me say you have to have shit hair before? pay attention!

AHHHHH ok i see....pink hair....thats the trick.....the be all end all technique.......can i just visualize having pink hair instead rabbit

I know what you are saying about efectiveness vs power....i teach that also....but, it just didnt look hard at all.... :-)
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:22 am

Well the punch may not have been all that hard, but kimbo seemed to do a pretty jod job of conveniently throwing his chin onto the punch at just the right moment.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 9:16 am

...so after a year of world class MMA training he still hasnt learned that you cant step into an opponent with no attack and no guard? what was he trying to do with his head down there floating in mid air?

Was Kimbo such a big name when we went into MMA they didnt make him drill the basics?
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 9:19 am

looks like is he gearing up to throw a massive over hand right whilst grabbing the guys left foot, wonder why he hesitated...?
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:43 pm

my new mantra:
What a Face shit pink hair What a Face shit pink hair What a Face hairy pink shit...fook, i've lost it...must start again

real question:
i think alot about what you say Richie--spinning that head, have you noticed ('cause i thought i have, but don't know) that it's even better when you get two different directions out of the spin...left and down...like that overhead that whatsisface through almost at the same time as the uppercut that didn't get there in time (lidell vs somebody-or-other...i've so fookin bad with names, unless i know them personally)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Actually, having seen it, he did get KO'd by a very weak punch.

I'm always quick to point out to people the difference between "glass jaw" zand that short hook that sometimes puts people to sleep, but this really was a very light pawing jab.

bit embarrassed for the dude
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 7:57 pm

AdamM wrote:
but this really was a very light pawing jab.

bit embarrassed for the dude

Good im not the only one thinking this way :-)
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:24 am

thing with me is I'm niether a Kimbo fan, nor a hater.

When he was a backyard brawler I wasn't impressed with him from the point of view of an MMA fan. Wouldn't have liked to face him myself mind you.

The Sean Gannon fight was a mess and both 'fighters' looked a mess. When Branddon Lee Hinkle disposed of Gannon with ease in the cage I think it showed the gap.

When Kimbo said he was going to give pro MMA a shot, I had my doubts. When I saw he was training with Bas Rutten I thought if he's got any talent, Bas will get it out of him.

From then on, I'm prepared to give the guy a chance. If he keeps fighting guys at a similar level, he might do ok. The guy he fought saturday had more experience but was a light heavyweight. Ken should have retired 6 fights ago and is also a light heavyweight.

EliteXC are trying to feed him sacrifices and even then, one of them beat him. There's rumours Don Fry is a possible next opponent for Kimbo. Fry is one of my all time favourite Fighters, but he's another guy who should have walked away and stayed away. I'd love to see him beat Kimbo though. Also Taktarov is being mentioned. All these old UFC pioneers are coming out of retirement and trying to clean up at the bottom of the MMA tank. Not sure how I feel about that. If I want to watch them I have UFC1-20 on DVD. not sure I want to watch them fight now.
Back to top Go down
slipknot

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Quote :
the punch was very week, also when he delivers the punch he has his right leg still raised in the air and all his weight on his back foot. so there was no digging the feet in and getting good body twist nor was there any forward bodyweight due to his position? I can't work out how it put kimbo down??

kyusho jitsu Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:29 pm

kimbo is well trained, i think fight is fixed.
like to see them on the street bareknuckle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!   KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

KIMBO SLICE KNOCKED OUT!!!
Page 1 of 1