Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

8 weeks trainng program

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VictorS

VictorS

8 weeks trainng program Empty
PostSubject: 8 weeks trainng program   8 weeks trainng program EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm in my fourth week of an 8 week program that I purchased through a website called - www.workingclassfitness.com

There are six - 8 week - workouts designed for combat sports. And they are ass kickers.

The first 8 weeks cover overall body strength, power, conditioning and athleticism...

This weeks workout:

Monday - Density training - aka HIIT. I jumped rope 30 seconds as fast as possible (running in place) rested 30 seconds, rinse, repeat....for 25 minutes.
Tues - Incline Bench/Bent over Row/Front Squat - 5/4/3/2/1/8 reps - weight is increased on each set. Second to last set weight is near max.
Wed - off - but I'll be training in the evening at the FIGHT school (not part of WCF)
Thurs - same as Tuesday - but start with Bent over row/Front Squat/Incline Bench...
Fri - Density training - I'll be doing 50 yd sprints for 20 minutes - sprint, walk back, sprint, walk back, sprint, collapse....LOL
Saturday - Sparring in KB - FIGHT class and Tactical Knife - 3 hours total...(not part of WCF)

Anyone looking for a structured work out routine that's easy to follow should consider this....
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks trainng program   8 weeks trainng program EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 6:49 pm

VictorS wrote:
I'm in my fourth week of an 8 week program that I purchased through a website called - www.workingclassfitness.com

There are six - 8 week - workouts designed for combat sports. And they are ass kickers.

The first 8 weeks cover overall body strength, power, conditioning and athleticism...

This weeks workout:

Monday - Density training - aka HIIT. I jumped rope 30 seconds as fast as possible (running in place) rested 30 seconds, rinse, repeat....for 25 minutes.
Tues - Incline Bench/Bent over Row/Front Squat - 5/4/3/2/1/8 reps - weight is increased on each set. Second to last set weight is near max.
Wed - off - but I'll be training in the evening at the FIGHT school (not part of WCF)
Thurs - same as Tuesday - but start with Bent over row/Front Squat/Incline Bench...
Fri - Density training - I'll be doing 50 yd sprints for 20 minutes - sprint, walk back, sprint, walk back, sprint, collapse....LOL
Saturday - Sparring in KB - FIGHT class and Tactical Knife - 3 hours total...(not part of WCF)

Anyone looking for a structured work out routine that's easy to follow should consider this....

Looks ok but seems to be lacking many variables......IF ANYTHING, i would make those bent over rows, reverse grip and hold at the top of the lift......this will hit your bis a little better as well.....and if these are your only lifts in this 8 week adventure, i would suggest doing as heavy as possible with all sets/reps......just my suggestions :-)

If you have any further questions regarding any sort of weight training and or bodybuilding, please visit my website http://www.nextgennutrition.com/chat/portal.php
This is a website/forum related to nutrition and bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc.......all my members there REALLY know their shit!

Goodluck with this training and keep us posted on your results :-)
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks trainng program   8 weeks trainng program EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Hey Cocktail,

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Louise

Louise

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks trainng program   8 weeks trainng program EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 1:51 am

VictorS, you can get free workouts that are fairly insane at www.crossfit.com and they are free. Not sure if you are paying for the workouts you are getting from this website, but I thought I would offer you a free alternative!! But be warned, you do need some gym equipment to complete most of the workouts! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks trainng program   8 weeks trainng program EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks Louise...

I am familiar with cross-fit. I paid $10.00 for 6 - week workouts that are designed for sport combat fitness.

As I progress in this, I will use some of the cross-fit stuff to supplement or replace current exercises.

This week, I started phase two - the next 8 weeks - which covers lower body quickness, agility, over-all strength & power endurance, exploisveness, and arm size.
Back to top Go down
Louise

Louise

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks trainng program   8 weeks trainng program EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Victor, oh very cool!!! Sounds like some really good stuff. I just found Coach Buddy Lee's jump rope routine on the crossfit main site, that he did when he was a fighter...freaking amazing. I didn't know that you could do all that with a jump rope. I am still trying to get the basic jump down! Always a learning experience!! You will have to let me know what if any results you see from your 8 weeks of training. I would be interested to know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks trainng program   8 weeks trainng program Empty

Back to top Go down

8 weeks trainng program
Page 1 of 1