Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN Empty
PostSubject: IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN   IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 pm

...I JUST WANT TO INVITE HIM OUT FOR A PINT, AND JUST HOPE SOMEONE TRIES
TO JUMP HIM--I'LL BE THE GIT WITH THE CAM'CORDER. HE'S ONE OF THOSE TRADITIONALS
THAT I THINK CAN REALLY PULL IT OFF.

HOWEVER...I REALLY DON'T THINK HE CAN EFFECTIVELY TRANSFER THIS IMPRESSIVE
SKILL SET IN IT'S ENTIRITY. I CRINGED "EVERY" TIME HIS DID HIS HANDS-TO-SHINS
BLOCK. KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE BUGGERED MY HANDS MEETING A LEAD-HEAVY SHIN IN
THE OLD SHOTOKAN DAYS--DON'T BOTHER, I'LL TELL YOU. ALOT OF F&%KING TIMES. EVERYTHING
ELSE I THOUGHT WAS PRETTY COOL TO WATCH.

THIS IS AN ANIMAL THAT REALLY KNOWS HOW TO LIVE, HIS SENSE OF TIMING AND FILLING ALL THE GAPS
WITH ATTACKS...KEEPING SOMEONE OFF BALANCE, ETC...REALLY NICE TO WATCH

...AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE THOSE BIG JACKETS HAVE PADDING BEHIND THEM Laughing

AND BELOW--I HAD AN "OH-SH&T" MOMENT WHEN I SAW HIS POWER SHOWING THROUGH
WHAT I PREVIOUSLY ACCEPTED WAS THOSE PANSY POSES OF OF THE BALD GUY CHINESE DOLLS
I USED TO SEE FOR SALE IN DC-CHINA TOWN. GUYS WITH A BRAID IN THE BACK AND BALD OTHERWISE.
COULDN'T IMAGINE THEM ATTEMPTING TO EVEN SPAR WITH IT, HANG LAUNDRY PERHAPS.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE--FOR ME, OF A GUY WHO CAN "MAKE THE FORM WORK". HIS SENSIBILITIES ARE
ACCLIMATED TO FIGHTING AND HIS TIMING AND POWER, ETC...
GIVE HIM A TELETUBBY DANCE AND HE'LL BRAIN YOU AND SH&T ON YOUR CHEST AND WALK OFF
[NICE IMAGE ]. THE STYLE ITSELF...CRIKIE, IT'D TAKE A SPECIAL BLOKE A LIFETIME TO
MAKE THAT WORK. MY HUMBLE 2P

Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN   IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:43 pm

I like this guy, he is pretty cool and capable of pulling off the pretty stuff on the street because I think he has his wits about him along with the years of study. Tai Chi is an awesome art if you can learn to understand the transfer of energy and center line power, then start to apply that to other things you already know and do.

Look at his right hand middle knuckle at 1:40 on the second video. I have one that looks just like that... LOL
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN   IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm with you, Russ - Love his movement, and his timing and power generation are awesome .... but to make TMA work well on the street? You gotta have hella skill.
All the apps assume enough time/range to work - not something that can be relied upon, but lovely to watch none the less.
I do like the the fact that controlling/destroying the arms is an important part of Wing Chun and the so called "Internals", that makes sense to me, but very few head shots, and all that time on one leg made me nervous .... along with the kicking blocks you pointed out.
I bet he's making bank with these vids - he's very entertaining, and yes, would be fun to hang out with for an evening ... perhaps in a bar of ill repute with a video camera at the ready .... Suspect Laughing
Interesting Tai Chi form too ... couldn't place it ... maybe a Chen style? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN   IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:34 pm

maija wrote:
All the apps assume enough time/range to work - not something that can be relied upon, but lovely to watch none the less.

...very few head shots, and all that time on one leg made me nervous .... along with the kicking blocks

...would be fun to hang out with for an evening ... perhaps in a bar of ill repute with a video camera at the ready .... Suspect Laughing

agreed/agreed/agreed Laughing

wouldn't know if it was chen style BTW...i'm a neaderthal, all i know is
"slow = tai chi-ish thingy"

i liked it though--put him in a movie with some of his padded students...one of those old kung
fu movies. they wouldn't need cables and break away chairs. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN   IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN Empty

Back to top Go down

IN SHORT: I LOVE THIS MAN
Page 1 of 1