Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT Empty
PostSubject: REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT   REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:01 am

there are so many people who still swear by their styles that i come across, and i've found that [understandibly] '
they'll shut down when you take the piss out of the traditionals. they frankly have a mental road block. someone
in their life and style HAS been able to pull off the claims of their style and that person--whom ever SHERM is poses
for the mental poster child picture in their head that makes their collective faiths unshakible.

i've known TKD guys who really are good street fighters; and several shotokan guys; and several boxers; and
a least one wrestler. i think the main point for me is that there will always be individuals who can do any f@#king
thing they want with a lifetime of training and a style and teaching environment that has been building them in
the right way--suiting their emotional and physical body type sensibilities. those long legged leaper showy guys
i knew growing up did great at TKD, what a surprize. the several that've been really fighting since infancy didn't
need the extra tutilege for timing and contact and all the rest of it. they were also aclimated to violence.

what makes the gross motor/RBSD sound is that it can take a broader cross
section of the population, and bring them up to scratch and affectively mold their collective crafts enough so as to make
a greater contribution to self protection/defense [whatever we're calling it]. it's, for me, one of those "once you get there
the roads disappear" arguments...but some roads are shorter than others. a tall guy telling me it's possible to face kick
a K/O in the street doesn't have my vote unless he's saying the more pressure and training you get, the more options
open up simply by virtue of your level of comfort and acruing skill--thereabouts. but don't generalize, you beasts, i've seen
what the average man can do. i'm the average man. i just have the determination of a crazed mule, and i've managed
to hold on to what has worked for a guy who shouldn't have been able to manage, and then passed that on and seen
the same in the few who's skills i've had the responsibility to make pressure-ready. is what i do the best, not bloody
likely. i meet a better quality of martial artist every day--or often enough. but when they are humble enough to hear
what i have to say, it invariably ends up with wide eyes and bums on the floor. at least a wee bit of respect and a moment
to reflect on the company line. perhaps a shake in faith, but hopefully just the impetus to tweek their already impressive
athletic showy set and make it applicable to chaos.

no time to reread, if my heads on sideways and my thoughts are not quite connected--i'll start over tomorrow. it's sentiments like these that make me more concerned with properly preparing folks with their internal dialogues and
initial reactions to stressful environments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT   REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Nice parallel post to the Master Wong clips .... I guess my comment there, agrees with what you say here.
Back to top Go down

REVISITING A OLD CONCEPT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Psychology-
Jump to: