Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression Empty
PostSubject: Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression   Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Karunamama

PostSubject: Re: Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression   Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Talk about good timing. Just had some rotten stuff happen, and the stress of the holiday season isn't helping. I'm going to try those techniques you recommended, starting with a good workout to let off steam.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression   Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:04 pm

its the same for everyone mate - had loads of emails saying the same thing

there is a reason suicides spike in this ridiculousy high pressure time of year -

hope you have a good workout followed by some good quality sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression   Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm still overwhelmed with work, just back from USVI and simultaniously back to teaching
health, as a tributary subject of PE...or I'd write more. This was so good a topic and a topic
dealt with, I'm writing and running shortly after. That said.

I've saved for the vacation for about a year--still will be paying it off like a car till eternity.
Stay in an eco-tent in the tropical island of blah-blah, and enjoy the...[you get the picture].
We got there and enjoyed a wood and canvas tent structure above the tree line--no wind
and precipitation cover [like the others], only to meet ocean storms of monsoonish proportions.
All the gear was drenched, both little kids caught high fevers--i had about 2 hours sleep a night
for the week [watching over my daughter]. Many themes emerged from the conditions which
weren't ideal. Then, the cream of the cake, i took one pleasurable dive to the abyss--without
tanks, he-man that i like to think i am in water [chasing an octopus no less] and burst an ear
drum. Now the combo was just delicious. I'm already someone with vision in one eye...as
night sets in in the woods, and all is dim, with almost no hearing, i'm getting the sensation of
slowly 'turning-off'. I've never felt anything like that before. It was priceless to measure in that
it helps me understand others and the sense of emotional claustrophobia that must emerge
from being stuck in a crap state. Worse still was that my only elixir [training] was quite absent
as I was playing a primary role in managing the states of others. A fascinating experience I
don't recommend to anyone. One night I snuck out and just started hitting a tree with my bare
hands for about 15 minutes--it was literally the beginning of my healing. Frustration followed
me home, until I managed a luxory pad-work under my porch. I hit that thing into the next
world. The training, the endorphins, the slow metaphorical control returning into a world where
I actually measure quite substantially. The rite of passage taught me alot about myself and
my world.

And this subject spoke to me--and I'm generally so thick skinned [detached and selfishly inward]
that nothing usually hits me this hard. The sleep really factored in--even as i get about 4 hours
a night at best [on the average], what I didn't have is all the other factors usually present in one
alchemic shitpot.

Nice piece.

Happy New Year BTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression   Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Blog - 5 Natural Powerful ways to Combat Depression
Page 1 of 1