Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum

Go down 
+3
Sharif H
thugsage
Richard Grannon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum Empty
PostSubject: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 pm

the greatest martial arts film of all time "the Fist of Legend"

chopped in with some drum and bass from Pendulum

"Sik Laaa" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:52 pm

what a thrill ride--music and all cheers

and here i am at work, hmmm scratch

naughty combination of themes affraid

lol!

Tah
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:41 pm

That was sick, laa.

Some nice combative 'reality based' type stuff in there amongst the hong kong fuey.

Is it a remake of Fist of Fury? As in, the same story line?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Sharif H wrote:
That was sick, laa.

Some nice combative 'reality based' type stuff in there amongst the hong kong fuey.

Is it a remake of Fist of Fury? As in, the same story line?

yesssir, and next time your in town I recommend you pick up a copy from hmv, I think tarantino promoted it a few years ago

its better than fist of fury
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Lovely. thanks Ritchie.

I am biased with Jet-Li, I think his best films, were the Once Upon A Time In China series, were he played the worlds most cinematically portrayed hero, Wong Fei Hung.

A 19th century proponent of my old kung-fu style & medical Doctor, he was a fascinating true life character.

Liked the early ones in the series, as they dealt with the politics & history of the day & the Boxer rebellion.

Used too have the lot on vid, disappeared awhile ago. Expect they got borrowed by someone.

I am currently trying to watch Donnie Yen's back catalogue via youtube. Some excellent movies there.

For Li, last film i really enjoyed was Unleashed. Some brutal stuff, the fight in the toilet was excellent.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:14 am

Fist of Legend rocks, WAAAAY better than fist of fury. JMA vs CMA in a wind storm - excellent stuff Very Happy
Once Upon A Time in China, also great - 1st one's my fave. Tai Chi master aka twin Warriors also good.
If you are into the 'classics', check out anything buy the director Tsui Hark - some are extremely odd, but good. 'The Blade' about a guy with one arm and half a sword is great. Weird, but great.
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:43 am

Like Tsui Harke, lot of wire work but good films. Will have a mooch on youtube and watch some more.

twin warriors gets played late night on BBC1 a couple of times a year, so does fist of legend & the Fong Sai Yuk series (another old/young master of 5 pattern Hung Kuen, in real life he cheated apparently, used to wear steel toe caps. Its why his kicks were so famous.) Only had Once Upon.....on once as I remember & yes the first one was the best. So show it more regularly, BBC! The fight scene in the warehouse at the end is good.

Anyone like Fearless? for Li. The more recent pairing with JC, (Jackie Chan) not so good. Shame.

On Donnie, Flashpoint is fun, CMA meets MMA. Ritchie, was Ip Man any good? Worth a watch?

I'm working my way through Dragon Tiger Gate at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 pm

I enjoyed the first 30 mins I watched of Ip Man, I like Donnie Yen - it seemed like standard HK fare, but if you like that then yeah its deffo worth a watch... bit liberal with the history, but doesnt affect the entertainment value

I love the Wong Fei Hung movies, especially the theme, one of my favourite tracks of all time... apparently though the real Wong Fei Hung was a bit of a naughty boy and definitely a thuggish brawler of the "smash you in the head" school of kung fu Wink

I didnt like Fearless to be honest, which as I understand it is the story of the master who gets poisoned in "Fist of Legend" - just seemed like a bit of a joyless effort to me, lacked the energy of Fist of Legend

Quote :
On Donnie, Flashpoint is fun, CMA meets MMA. Ritchie, was Ip Man any good? Worth a watch?

really liked what Donnie Yuen did for the fight scenes mixing in the MMA, very entertaining
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 pm

once upon a time in china theme

makes me want to beat people up with an umbrella to the sounds of my whirling robes

and then eat dziu yim ju paah... and fall asleep

on to Ip Man movie

observe the Chinese Fighter batters 20 Japanese Fighters in their own dojo revenge fantasy played out again Very Happy

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3qhPDEOYbx4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3qhPDEOYbx4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Curran

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:56 pm

This Jet Li and Donny Yen are nothing compared to those hard men in the bollywood movies watch him take out multiple opponents and still doesnt mess his hair up Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Curran wrote:
This Jet Li and Donny Yen are nothing compared to those hard men in the bollywood movies watch him take out multiple opponents and still doesnt mess his hair up Very Happy

Curran lol! lol! lol! lol! Excellent. I bet autoglass love this guy.

Ritchie, thanks for the review. I will watch Ip Man via youtube this weekend. No son staying, so I have the leisure time.

Agree with your opinion of fearless, I just felt it had no heart, I couldnt really identify with the character.

Enjoy Thailand, if you are still there.

Matt
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Loved the broken body parts in IP man....
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:54 pm

WOW, what a range--i enjoyed them both for obviously entirely different reasons.

really enjoyed the the ick-factor of IP man, and at the other end of the universe
really loved watching what might otherwise appear to be a facid gay brazilian
hair stylist get all matrix on folks--broken van glass and all.

pumped me up and cheared me up.

now, if only i can successfully forage for some food, i'll have satisfied just about
all of my indulgences lol!

[being hunger, violence, and laughter--probably should list violence last Embarassed ]
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum   Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum Empty

Back to top Go down

Fist of Legend Scene, music from Pendulum
Page 1 of 1