Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holy Shit...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roadkill

roadkill

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:10 am

Holy shit… just got back from taking the wife and daughter to a local carnival. Funny thing is while I was there, bored as shit. I go to the beer tent and they go walk around and all I think about is the knife stuff that Sharif posted. So I stand there people watching, which I find to be great fun and think about shit and stuff… wink wink.

So anyway as we are leaving we have to cross a 8 lane highway. So we stand by the intersection, get the green and cross the street. About 30 seconds later as we are walking down the street we hear an impact. My daughter speaks up and says that somebody just got hit… and she saw a shoe fly through the air…(Parallel to us). I look over, thinking is was car on car, asked her again are you sure… she said yes. So I make my way through traffic and sure as shit there’s a young couple sprawled on the street. I was first on scene and followed basic protocol, don’t move, who are you, what day is it bla bla bla. and try to keep them immobile until real help arrives. Which they do, so I get out of the way and I hope and pray that the couple come out of this ok.

Point is, I got this massive adrenalin dump after the fact that I have long missed and use to get all the time. As of lately, I’ve been missing that and thinking of getting back into something that would give me my edge back and that frequent dump. Those that have been where I am talking about will understand, even though I really can’t express it properly in words. Funny how some people will truly miss what most people would be very happy to avoid.

DAM IT FEELS GOOD… I am ramped up right now…..
Back to top Go down
Benjamin

Benjamin

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 am

Fuck.. intense situation, hope they were okay.

Now when it comes to missing that adrenaline. I know exactly what you mean.

I miss the excitement of doing regular security sometimes. When I was fully into it and had enough, I never thought that, but to tell you the truth, that shit excites me. I get pumped up and excited when theres stuff happening.

This seems to happen to alot of fighters or security personnel, you might be totally bored and tired and not want to do anything, then the adrenaline hits and your totally pumped.

But I have actively taken myself out of the scene, knowing logically that it is a bad thing and not good in the long run.

But I do miss that adrenaline, don't get much of that in day to day life normally unless something happens.

Maybe some harder scenario training is in order, just have to find the right people for it.

-Ben
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:53 am

I doubt harder scenario training will do it

if you think about it the violence is only one layer of a pretty addictive cake- a part of you will always miss it I reckon
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Benjamin

Benjamin

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:11 am

You have a good point. With all the drills and stuff i've come up with in training its never compared.

Mmm cake..

Yeah now I know why most ex-security I talk to miss the job and keep going back.. my friend has a saying "once you do it, its in your blood and its really hard to get out of it".

I still do jobs occasionally for a bit of extra money but when I find something else thats good I will probably scrap it alltogether.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:49 am

Benjamin wrote:
You have a good point. With all the drills and stuff i've come up with in training its never compared.

Mmm cake..

Yeah now I know why most ex-security I talk to miss the job and keep going back.. my friend has a saying "once you do it, its in your blood and its really hard to get out of it".

I still do jobs occasionally for a bit of extra money but when I find something else thats good I will probably scrap it alltogether.

if I hadnt gotten a big slap in the face and been forced out of it I think I would still be in, we all whinge about it, but we all go back in the end, it is addictive
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
roadkill

roadkill

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
but we all go back in the end, it is addictive

My wife is starting to see that and I'm really pondering it. I mean I have this itch that needs a scratch, but at this point do I really want to go back... hmmm cake?
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:41 pm

okay, now i'm all excited to, urm, eat cake...or is it fight, yeah that was it Embarassed

there are the rare moments when i'm really feeling it and i [bad form] i'm almost
hoping the universe will deliver me someone that had it coming anyway...come on,
i don't ask for much. what am i doing all this training for, for fek's sake Shocked .
okay back to diapers and personalities. tune in for more episodes of:

-rambo works at starbucks
-terminator does some xmas season santa work for cash
-rocky ticket-takes at a local theatre

WTF lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sharif H

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
I doubt harder scenario training will do it

if you think about it the violence is only one layer of a pretty addictive cake- a part of you will always miss it I reckon

Yeah, scenario training will never have that element of true uncertainty (you always kinda know how it will turn out) and so therefore there will be much less adrenaline involved.

But how about MMA or some other full-contact thing with the very real possibility (or probability) of getting hurt? Dog brothers maybe?

Nothing will ever compare to the stomach-dropping feeling of the situations i've been in in real life (on the street, in my home as a kid, and during my brief loss prevention career), but MMA and stick sparring came the closest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Sponsored content

Holy Shit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Shit...   Holy Shit... Empty

Back to top Go down

Holy Shit...
Page 1 of 1