Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

He's bleeding all over the place

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
roadkill

roadkill

He's bleeding all over the place Empty
PostSubject: He's bleeding all over the place   He's bleeding all over the place EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Oh boy.........

Last night I left the school around 8pm and left my daughter there. Well she calls me at about 8:30 and says I have to get up there right away because a teen student broke his nose and he’s bleeding all over the place.

Ok, so I get there just as his mom is arriving to pick him up. Now he is pretty tough and not freaking out at the site of his crooked nose and blood soaked top… (Looked pretty funny really and I laughed at him a little). His mom on the other hand was not as humored as I… and insisted on calling an ambulance… WHAT, that’s right and ambulance for a broken nose. She calls them and a fire truck and ambulance arrive

So now I’m trying to talk mom out of an ambulance ride to the hospital and saying, look what a young man you are raising, he is in complete control, it’s not that bad, I’ve had a broken nose… Well that didn’t work either. I was ready to try and put the nose back in place myself, but she wouldn’t let me. Finally a voice of reason arrives… his dad. Now I’ve known this family for like 10 years, that’s how long this kid has been with me and dad talks to mom. She gets pissed off and leaves and dad takes son to hospital.

Got a message on my phone that all is well, but I’ll wait till I talk to them today before making that determination.

How did it happen, from what I heard, he tried to block an elbow with his face. lol

lol!
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: He's bleeding all over the place   He's bleeding all over the place EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:14 pm

I put mine back, when it got broke. Didn't hurt really. I think the shock of the injury is the issue & not having it happen before, you overeact. Still worth getting it checked at A&E, just ask our Mr Grannon, with sinovial fluid all over his chin.

To be honest, I found the concussion afterwards more worrying never having been conscious before after serious injury to the head to know what to expect. All the stuff they say applies, nausea, headache, confusion, and drops in blood pressure. For me, I had the pleasure of feeling an approaching blackout whilst having a pee. I could feel it coming on but couldnt stop & sit down, just finished and I can remember the sense of relief & then falling. Come to about 10 sec's later on the bathroom floor. Crawled into bed feeling sick as a dog.

That was midnight, I got it broke at 6.30 in the evening. Take concussion seriously. Don't drive after a head injury
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: He's bleeding all over the place   He's bleeding all over the place EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Blakops wrote:

That was midnight, I got it broke at 6.30 in the evening. Take concussion seriously. Don't drive after a head injury

That's actually great advice. They used to say (whoever they are... doctors I guess) that if you've been unconscious for more than 5 mins, then go to the hospital to get checked out. Now they say, if you've been out AT ALL. Go to the hospital. Never been fully KO'd myself. But if I ever went out, I'd not take it lightly even if I felt relatively ok.

Same goes for any massive impact to the head that causes an altered state, even if it's not full unconsciousness.

But bloody hell blackops, you're a resourceful fellow... brew your own ale, fix your own broken nose... Did you deliver your own son too?

pirat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: He's bleeding all over the place   He's bleeding all over the place EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:54 pm

No. Bitch of a MidWife didnt even offer me the scissors.

I didn't fix it. I just pushed it back into shape & then asked the guy who hit me if it looked alright. He said "Yeah" and then i checked it with the mirror at home later, really hard to resist fiddling with it after, kept wanting to move it about.

Sorry Roadkill, you make me feel like a hypochrodriac now for getting it checked. Very Happy

But i agree with Sharif, get a head injury looked at. Killed Natasha Richardson.

And has Ritchie never mentioned his palm experience with Bob, bad wording there, I fear.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: He's bleeding all over the place   He's bleeding all over the place EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:54 am

roadkill wrote:
So now I’m trying to talk mom out of an ambulance ride to the hospital and saying, look what a young man you are raising, he is in complete control, it’s not that bad, I’ve had a broken nose… Well that didn’t work either. I was ready to try and put the nose back in place myself, but she wouldn’t let me. Finally a voice of reason arrives… his dad.

Got a message on my phone that all is well, but I’ll wait till I talk to them today before making that determination.

How did it happen, from what I heard, he tried to block an elbow with his face. lol!

lol!

nice, did you use the, "broken noses build character" speech--or would that have pissed her off more scratch

Laughing

here are some comments that would not have worked:
-waddaya want, he was ugly to start with [in a tony sapprano voice]
-at least now when he sneezes, it'll go sideways
-with his nose on the back of his head, you don't have to remind him to change his drawers, he can sniff for himself
-it'll match the balls you've been breaken on a daily basis
-now it balances out his face, he's actually quite pretty affraid

sorry mate, i can't take myself seriously, alot of good i'd be in a situation like that.
i'm glad the boy is well. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: He's bleeding all over the place   He's bleeding all over the place EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Russ:

Thanks for that, made my morning... I was laughing out loud man...

He's bleeding all over the place Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He's bleeding all over the place   He's bleeding all over the place Empty

Back to top Go down

He's bleeding all over the place
Page 1 of 1