Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Movies

Go down 
+4
nix
thugsage
Blakops
maija
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
maija
Admin
maija

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: New Movies   New Movies EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Went to see 'Zombieland' last night, and thought I'd start a thread to rate new releases.

Worth seeing if only for the opening sequence - fracking hilarious! New Movies Lol
1st half of movie better than the second, but some brilliant moments throughout. Good soundtrack.
Trailers for '2012' and 'The Book of Eli' looked good .... we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Yes, saw it last night. rather enjoyed it. Good cameo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:05 pm

Watched Nine or Number Nine last night with my son.

Strange little animated adventure adapted from an animated short on youtube.

How to describe it? A post-apocalyptic fantasy mixing the borrowers, the raggy dolls & terminator. I really liked it!

Fantastic animation, nice action, exciting fight scenes & some good scary moments.

Too dark for the under 10's, there are quite a number of deaths in it & the monsters are quite frightening.

Also wanted to recommend Moon & Pandorum. Both in my opinion, excellent flicks.

& yes i like my Sci-Fi Laughing Pandorum in particular, had a good action, science fiction vibe, reminiscent of Aliens 2, add in a little 2001 & stir with a dash of event horizon & Alien, The film had a very european feel in its slight complexity. thought the ending was good, so common to get a let down. It also has lots of fight scenes, which I am sure we all love.

Moon, feels like silent running, but isnt. Nice little independent flick about a lone miner on the moon coming to the end of his stint when things start to happen. Again really enjoyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 am

tanks. i'll add these to my netflix list--don't know if you have that in the UK. we just send a message in the order of
top 50 choices and it's like 1 quid a week for a pic that's mailed to you. i haven't gone to a vid store or theatre since.

question to any/all...

anyone seen rock-n-rolla???

liked lock stock and two barrels, etc...
my sister said i'd like this but she's the type to only say,
"ooo, i watched it three times, you should see it"

huh? why?

"ooo, it's luv'ly...we watched it on saturday and made popcorn"

uhm...did you say what it's about?

"yeah, it was made by the people who made lock stock and two barrels...i know you liked that one"

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
nix

nix

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:25 am

Quote :
Hi Russ, for what it's worth, I saw it and liked it.
It's a typical Guy Ritchie gangster/thug/gritty type movie. Good cast with Gerard Butler from 300, Tom Wiilkinson from Michael Clayton and a whack of other character actor type folk.
The IMDB link is --> here<--
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 am

I laughed through it - worth watching on netflix for sure.
Of that genre, not new, but Layer Cake is good too.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:49 pm

nix wrote:
Quote :
Hi Russ, for what it's worth, I saw it and liked it.
It's a typical Guy Ritchie gangster/thug/gritty type movie. Good cast with Gerard Butler from 300, Tom Wiilkinson from Michael Clayton and a whack of other character actor type folk.
The IMDB link is --> here<--

cheers Nix cheers didn't see this till just now,
and thanx Maija...all i ever view is netflix--a factor of dad-duty. movie shows from
10 till 12--then chores till 1am; dog walking till 1:30, then my daughter wakes up and i pace around with her
until i eventually go to bed at 3am, then wake up at 5am.

now you all know why i'm edgy--and the coffee doesn't exactly smooth over my diminishing social skills. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
nix

nix

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

I second maija's recommendation for Layer Cake, I'll watch again as it's been a while and I'd forgotten about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Just stumbled across this movie trailer... looks like it will either be really interesting or really lame.

http://www.avatarmovie.com/
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Rather looking forward to that Avatar, James Cameron knows how to present a spectacle, and i liked the lead, sam Worthington, from Terminator Salvation, which I also enjoyed.

& another forthcoming movie, Prince Of Persia, one of my favourite xbox games. (All three were excellent.)

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal & the luscious Gemma Atherton with villainous support from Gandhi, sorry Ben Kingsley.
I for one would like it to be good.

Last edited by Blakops on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Wow, my internet downloaded that Avatar trailer at peak speed!

Looks nice, in a sort of 'You can relax through this one and not have to think just enjoy it' Sort of way.

I think i'll take the gf, if it comes out in the UK. It looked clichéd, but colourful.
Hopefully it'll fire up that imagination - I never watch films set on other worlds.

Originally I was coming on here to say that I got dragged out to see 'Couples Retreat'. You probably all thought it already, but it was terrible.

It was a bit like watching Friends, when they're all talking about 'relationships', without any humour, for 2 hours.
On the upside I knocked over my Revells and the malteser ones took about a full minute to roll down every step in the cinema (under people's feet) until they reached the bottom Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:10 pm

I watched rocknrolla on me ma's recommendation before I came away and then it was on Thai tv this morning at 8 am (unedited, as was crank 2, go figure)

got to say Im a bit surprised at the lack of hype rocknrolla recieved it was a deffo 8/10 - ok it was standard and farily lightweight guy ritchie fare but its head and shoulders above the plop being churned out to fill cinema seats with teenagers at the moment... It passed me by without a whimper and a tepid respose from critics so I didnt bother seeing it at cinema

having seen it, Im looking forward to the sequel, its to be a trilogy... I read it on the internets
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 pm

I thnik that that was the problem with Rock n rolla, it felt to me like part one of a crime drama series, not a movie.

Whatever all the leads were good & it nearly wiped out the memory of Revolver. Lets hope Sherlock Holmes is good.

On another note, I want to big up A Perfect Getaway with Steve Zahn, Timothy Oliphaunt & Milla Jovovich.

this is a perfect sneaky date movie as it looks like a chick flick, a newly married couple, honeymooning in Hawai, decide to hike a lonely trail whilst local police search for a pair of murderers.....& then everything gets turned on its head. Very gory in parts, with lots of thrills & chills. I give this an 8.5/10.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:17 pm

I cant watch films like perfect getaway I get genuinely stressed out

avatar looks cool, looking forward to that

both avatar and district 13 have themes of humans bonding with or becoming aliens and humans becoming the enemy

I for one welcome the return of our reptilian masters as our rightful owners Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Of course we become the Bad Guy Ritchie, its all part of the liberal Agenda, haven't you been reading OH's posts.

It's gonna be like V, man, only they will have come to save us from ourselves!!! & will punish "Da Man."

Want to reccommend a DVD release called The Tournament starring Ving Rhames & Robert Carlyle & Sebastien Foucan.

Every 7 years, the world's elite assassins gather to fight in a Tourney. Last man standing wins a very hefty sum. This year they are in the UK & a catholic priest is duped into the game.

Some excellent fights, cool stunts, nice bit of parkour & quite a few grizzly & amusing deaths.

There are lots of this type of movie about but this was thoroughly enjoyable. Perfect boys zone out movie. 7/10
Back to top Go down
RichardB

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 pm

I just saw the tournament last week.

I always got something to complain about in movies, because movies are movies. but the action is cool, nice bloody mess. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:31 am

just been to see 2012

was expecting to hate it from beginning to end, had to go out of politeness, obligation, freind of friend thingy

actually I was never bored... which is how bad modern cinema is, I base films on how many times Im bored and looking at my watch, I didnt look once and its not a short film, my ass and legs hurt from training so, it done well... I know it done well, my ass said so

its very very silly, and really isnt about 2012 /mayans at all its just another big disaster movie from a guy whos thing is making disaster movies ( "day after tommorow", "godzilla", "independence day" ...and "the patriot"... oh sorry "disaster movie" not "disastrous movie") - it feels at times as superficial as a fair ground ride, one of them virtual reality simulators and if taken as such the end of the earth is a lot of fun

not very clever, but fun if your expecting little... why would you go the cinema nowadays expecting a lot?

by the way

if you find yourself in a film or a tv series and the president of america is black... you are fucked Wink

I mean for now we are ok like, but IF the president voted in was actually black, then we'd be in trouble

an interesting twist to the film, right before the title sequence where the numbers "2012" blow up in big numerals on the screen is a scene (this isnt a spoiler dont worry) where thandie newton (my future wife, tho she isnt yet fully cognizant of her destiny) replaces the mona lisa in the louvre for a fake- the line is "you wouldnt know it was a fake unless you looked at it with infrared" and then it zooms into the fake and then BANG "2012" pops up on the screen, I mean, thats a bit weird right?

not a natural lead in to your title sequence of a disaster movie, fake, 2012, its a fake , 2012, this thing is fake look closely, 2012, mona lisa da vinci hidden messages conspiracy, 2012, da vinci code dan brown story codex, 2012,

do you see what Im poking at here?

ok suit yourselves

I think the film maker could be implying he thinks the very notion of "2012 disaster doom end of world be afriad now" is a fake

or its an entirely relevant follow on... paintings by italians to massive tidal waves and earthquakes
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:35 pm

I just saw it too.
I thought it was quite funny really, laughed out loud a few times at the campy dialogue. melodramatic for sure, but absolutely stunning special effects. Really - go see it on the big screen. LA gets well and truly fracked ..... as well as the rest of the planet of course, but here it is close up and in slow motion ..... Yellowstone too ....amazing.
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Is the the much vaunted prequel to Water world?

I will be going to see it in a few days, glad of the positive reviews.

Thanks for backing me up RichB. Glad I wasn't alone. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Blakops wrote:
Is the the much vaunted prequel to Water world?

I will be going to see it in a few days, glad of the positive reviews.

Thanks for backing me up RichB. Glad I wasn't alone. Laughing

what? is it the prequel to waterworld? Im confuse by internets
Back to top Go down
RichardB

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:58 pm

That would be "the tournament."

I saw 20212 yesterday.

The special effects were especially special in 2012. Laughing

Don't have much to complain about. Movies will be movies. I found it entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:04 pm

RichardB wrote:
That would be "the tournament."

I saw 20212 yesterday.

The special effects were especially special in 2012. Laughing

Don't have much to complain about. Movies will be movies. I found it entertaining.

the tournament is prequel to waterworld?

ok im lost , I do the quiet time now drunken
Back to top Go down
RichardB

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 pm

I suspect Blackops joked about 2012 being the prequel to waterworld. Due to the excellent opportunities to combine snowboarding with surfing near the end of 2012.

The tournament is just... well, we're not supposed to talk about it as it is a secret, but it's where the best assassing of the world meet in a deathmatch for some cash every few years. Laughing

Similar concept as with battle royale, condemned and so on. Bunch of people fitted with bombs, last man standing wins, and if there isn't a winner by so and so long, everyone blows up. It won't score an oscar, but it was decent entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:57 pm

RichB has it explained it beautifully.

I will no longer make jokes, simply think them & then see if he picks them up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:58 am

Watched Land Of The Lost last night with friends.

I find Will Ferrell comedies can be a bit hit & miss for me, thought the ballad of ricky bobby was dull, but the Legend of Ron Burgandy, near genius. Liked Stepbrothers too.

Anyway, laughed a lot at the Land Of The Lost. Some cracking visual gags & the usual Will Ferrell persona, to laugh at.

A rehash of the american tv series, Land Of The Lost follows maverick scientist Rick Marshall, who following public humilation, for his theories on tachyon energies, is reduced to teaching elementary school, There he is approached a doctoral student, played by the delectable Anna Friel (Grrrrrrrwl), who has physical proof that his ideas are true, so off they go to investigate.

I watched this a little while ago with my son & we both sniggered all the way through it, it is weirdly innocent humour with a healthy dose of smut. As someone brought up on Carry-on movies it seemed to hit the right mix. It was this that made me want to watch it again with friends last evening.

Some language, some sexual innuendo (wahey!!!), some scary bits, lots of idiocy. Decent for sitting in with friends, partner with a few beers. 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Movies   New Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

New Movies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next