Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blink of an eye

Go down 
+4
Richard Grannon
chulodog
maija
roadkill
8 posters
AuthorMessage
roadkill

roadkill

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 pm

I just had Quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery 8 days ago

Life can change in the blink of an eye.

Everything was fine until one morning when I awoke with some minor chest pain. Hell wasn’t even enough to scare me. But that morning I went to the doc anyway and he scheduled me for a nuclear stress test on the next Monday. Well in the middle of that test they stopped it and considered sending me to the ER. Ok now I’m starting to freak out a bit. But they got it under control and scheduled a heart catheter the next day which is the only way to be sure of what was happening and during that procedure they might just go ahead and fix things if they could. Well next day arrived and in the middle of that test they decided just to take pics and schedule the open heart surgery the next day because that was really the best course of action considering I was so young and fit.

So here I am a week later beat to shit. There is black and blue covering a good portion of my body and it feels like I was literally run over by a truck. We’ll see how long it takes me to recover from this. If you have an extra prayer or two lying around, I’ll take them.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 pm

Thought you'd been a bit quiet there Roadkill .... WOW Shocked .... glad you came through OK.
No doubt recovery will be a bitch, especially when you are used to be so active, but heal well and don't drive your self crazy! It would be cool to hear updates on what you are working on and how you are healing up.
All the best flower
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 am

yeah man step by step , inch by inch! i hope you recover totally!

and shine again sunny

greets
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:37 am

sorry to hear that mate, glad they sorted it out quickly

happy healing karmic love vibes sent via psychic mail I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 pm

sorry i didn't see this earlier mate.
prayers, vibrations, wicked thoughts, and many jokes send over the karmic
air waves from me as well.

flower

PM if you get cabin fever. i'm sure your determination and superior outlook will
be the necessary alchemic ingredients.
whilst studying anthropology, i was intrigued by the medical anthro...and learned
alot about placebo/nocebo. how those who laughed and stayed positive--and were
told their chances were good, did FAR better than all who were the victim of
shaman style doomsday quotes from their doctors.

and i heard a study was done on some native americans--regarding heart issues.
same diets all round. same genetics all round. same sh*%y conditions. the ones
without the heart attacks--largely, were isolated to one tribe in particular that displayed
in inordinate amount of laughter as a social pressure release. joking about every fooking
thing and all round enjoying life more.

laughter and detaching from gob shites is my prescription to you, you superior warrior
martial artist god like person you.
-dr. russ
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:18 am

wow that's some heavy stuff you're dealing with there roadkill !!

A friend of mine had that exact same procedure ten years ago and is in better shape than he's ever been. The recovery will take a while but it's a foundation to build on and that's most important. As chulo said, inch by inch.

I like Russ' info on laugher. Why don't we throw some really 'in bad taste' jokes your way? cheers Maybe even funny ones? Laughing

get well soon Smile

flower
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Thanks all...

I already have the thought in my head of coming out of this stronger than I was before.

As far as disgusting and tastless jokes to aid me... BRING THEM ON.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:43 pm

two flies eating their lunch--on a pile of shit...one farts, the other says,
"do you mind? i'm eating!"

a man goes to a prostitute and decides it's his fantasy to do 69. he keeps
picking out bits of veg between his teeth until finally--not caring if the mood
is lost he exclaims, "are you sick or something?"
to which she replies, "no love, but the last guy was..."

a man comes back from the amazon with a decaying jungle rott sore on the
back of his neck. he finally musters up the courage to have a bite out in a local
restaurant. he's sure eventually he'll be on the mend and wants to start the
emotional healing process. a man at a nearby table keeps vomiting, which
becomes so disconcerting that he eventually stands up and walks to him,
appologizing self consciously that he'll go home and let him eat in peace--explaining
the hole neck situation. the embarassed gentleman says, "no mate, it's not you
at all...the bloke behind you keeps dipping his bread in your neck."

a drunk heads into a restaurant and quickly finds a place to take a dump.
he leaves sheepishly, but not before commending the management on their
gorgious gold toilet. with a start, one of the employees holds on to the drunk
and yells, "hey simon, this arsehole's gone and shat in your tuba".

a sad man scrounges up what he believes to be enough cash to go to a brothel.
to his dismay he is directed to a room with an emu inside. thinking about his loss
of cash, he decides the bird will have to do. weeks later he goes to the same brothel
and sees a movie in the back. upon commenting that this movie is pretty hot--to
ladies getting it on, the bloke next to him roars, "that's nothing mate, last week
some pathetic sod was fooking an ostrich."

okay mate, this is where i give myself a 'lastcall' before i start to gross out even those who
take me remotely seriously lol!
Back to top Go down
Danite

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Hey Roadkill all the best for a speedy recovery!
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Wow Russell... some of those are pretty nasty... especialy the bread/neck one... Thanks..

Thanks Danite...
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

tip of the iceberg mate.
picture an iceberg not made of ice though, but rather festering vomit, cheap wine, carrion, sea cucumbers, and snot--made into a gelatenous mess with the aid of argar and dried cat excrement.

ooops, i've revealed entirely too much of my inner workings Embarassed

or, put another way...imagine being raised by a potty mouthed hedonist dad who thrived on
the gag-factor of others: one of his jokes involved the reattatchment of a male organ--and
the dreadfully long search for the right surgen. the end of the joke takes us to switzerland,
where the enevitable good fortune celebration ensues just prior. to include cigars. the anecdote--from my dad whilst i was still a young lad [actually i reckon i was never young] was, "oh gosh, i've just smoked my cock"

and the ever present non-p.c. humor which i never tell--to him none of it was off limits. that sort of
joke where the generous fellow in the turbon gets told by the cockney, "thanks mate, and i hope your head gets better"

anyway, it makes my thinking pattern sometimes exist in stark contrast with my outward behavior. remarkably he softened over time, took his buddhism seriously enough, and dealt with the fact that
all his burned bridges only left him one angry wife left lol! [it was his 5th--and at 80 something or
other, he new he couldn't figure out how to go to his favorite haunt {thailand} for one last, erm, adventure on his terms]. he settled for humor, his dogs, and the avoidance of said angry wife--loads
of wine being the only endulgence he wasn't about to let go of in spite of buddha's healing energies, or
inspirational example [whichever way one sees it].

the only real draw back was that as he was partially deaf--jokes about the waiter serving us, etc...would
be virtually broadcasted through an entire room/restaurant/etc...i shudder to think just how much spit ended up in our meals affraid if i really explore the full range of human nature:
spit and sour pork
spaghetti and bollock'naise
rogan j'acheeeew'
eclair du choco'loogie
vanilla milkshite

we were in turkey once, and ate in some really odd dive called the 'nelson mandella' cafe. he claimed to
not be happy as nelson's favorite dish was not on the menu. [he claimed it was sheep's bollocks]. later in
this small town, he was invited to come back as they had specially prepared this for him. at that point in
his life, he really didn't care what he ate but this wasn't exactly an appealing prospect. good sport and all, he ate bollocks. he tried to pawn some of the dish off on me--as if i wouldn't remember the terms and the key ingredients. he was on his own on that occasion--going down on a dead sheep as it were, in my entirely grossed out opinion. i get the feeling some scottish food is based on a dare.

"throo it eway laddie...be'ter yett...lehts coook it and see uhf we liff?"
Back to top Go down
Danite

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Hey Roadkill how are feeling these days? In a way it was lucky that it was caught and dealt with underrthe best of controlled circumstances, glad it worked out, must have quite the scarry experince though.Regards
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Danite wrote:
Hey Roadkill how are feeling these days? In a way it was lucky that it was caught and dealt with underrthe best of controlled circumstances, glad it worked out, must have quite the scarry experince though.Regards

I still feel as though I have been run over by a truck. Every organ and system in my body has been disrupted and is trying to balance.

Every day things are a tiny bit better than the day before but it requires me to force myself to do the things I know I need to. I am currently up to walking 3-4 times a day for 15 min. each time and with each day I am covering the distance quicker. I think I’m at about 1.5 miles a day, but I need to measure the distance so I may better track and push myself.

Every doctor that has seen me so far have all said that I should already be dead. Non of them could understand why I hadn’t had a massive heart attack already. All they could say was, the fact I was in pretty good shape to begin with is what kept me alive and my heart had already begun building collateral arteries. They also said I have a very strong heart, it’s just that the fuel lines sucked.

Well if chicks dig scares… I should really start to attract some… lol
Back to top Go down
RichardB

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Hmm... Things could definitely have been worse for you. the thing now is probably to listen to your body. Though not entirely. Pushing it juuust enough to stretch that damn confort zone. Though not enough to strain the system. For now! Twisted Evil Recuperate well warrior, tomorrow you fight!
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Roadkill said///
Every doctor that has seen me so far have all said that I should already be dead. Non of them could understand why I hadn’t had a massive heart attack already. All they could say was, the fact I was in pretty good shape to begin with is what kept me alive and my heart had already begun building collateral arteries. They also said I have a very strong heart, it’s just that the fuel lines sucked.

...are you f#$%ing kidding me? that's insane, and impressive. i'm thinking you'll be outliving the
doctors and telling this story until there's no one left to tell cheers

write the book now so you can enjoy the movie while you still have your hearing lol!
i say this as a half deaf moth$%fu&*er who blew his ear drumbs out on punk music long
before now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Danite

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:30 am

Hey Roadkill, what youa re going through is very demanding and hard.Just think about how REALLY tough you will be when you get back up on your feet.The silver cloud in these things is the incredible strength of character and will that it will bring to you, this is one of the payoffs.Keep up the good work, the sun will shine again for you soon.God Bless
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:30 pm

I’m so excited… I get to start rehab in the morning. I have been so anxious for this so I can expedite my recovery time. 3 days a week for the next 8-10 weeks.

Up till now I have challenged my self a bit with upper body movements and stress, but the fear of a major setback causes me to be rather cautious. They say that the sternum will take a good while to heal. So I’m looking forward to getting some questions answered and finding out what I can and cannot push, and then pushing it. Can’t wait!

I am up to a couple miles a day walking and I feel good… getting better by the day.
Back to top Go down
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:46 pm

sorry I didn't reply back on here sooner... life was a bit crazy for a while around here...

I'm glad to hear you're rehabbing and, although it seems slow, you're making important strides Smile Obviously, like most of us here, you're a stubborn SOB who fights through no matter what cheers You're an inspiration, keep it up!

now...

I promised a joke in bad taste.... I heard this from a self admitted red neck friend of mine a while back...

POST DELETED BY ADMIN
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm

DMB that joke was an error of judgment on your part mate, I deleted it for you

all the best Roadkill, take it slow, glad to hear your already feeling stronger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Embarassed yeah... in hindsight....I know you're right

but I did promise it would be in bad taste.... Laughing

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blink of an eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink of an eye   Blink of an eye Empty

Back to top Go down

Blink of an eye
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-