Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In my defence...

Go down 
+13
Adamantium
dellboy7500
mike brown
D.M.B.
Macca2
Dark
nix
maija
roadkill
RichardB
Danite
thugsage
Richard Grannon
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

In my defence... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:08 am

uuuh?

something weird has happened to the above post... delboys original has gone and my response has come up as delboys? weird Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
dellboy7500

dellboy7500

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:58 pm

so thats what happend Laughing for a minute i thought me one brain cell had failed me again affraid
Back to top Go down
Adamantium

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Quote :
Dan, have we interacted on a few things before mate? not before before when you punched me across the digbeth dojo and stuck me in an ankle lock I mean in the last 12 months
your email address looks familiar, did you ask me about running a scenario cutting off a flurry of punches and did you suggest the solo drills idea for DVD?

As much as I like taking credit for someone elses ideas!! Laughing Cool , no those weren't my ideas mate (I wish they were though! Razz )

Dan
Back to top Go down
darktim99

darktim99

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 1:57 pm

but rich why do you need to reply to those people? if you know your stuff and other people recognise it as good and it works for them, a la bob spour for example, then why worry aboiut others and what they thinkg.

on a personal note i've often been looked at and called soft, gay, a push over and the such at various stages in my life. ther resons were i never STARTED trouble and kept OUT of trouble and my self to my self. the way i was taught was NEVER to use it unless you have too. call that outdated and all "traditional" but this is my core belief when it coems to martial arts and combat. the whole "TALK QUIETLY BUT CARRY A BIG STICK" has always been there. and im proud of that! in my heart of hearts i know i have done the right thing as far as all of THIS (being MA and combat) is concerned .

BUT

all the names started stopping when people seeing me as an "easy target" started trying to go to the next step. for m the age of 15 i've not ONCE been called SOFT because when the cards are down its you or me and im willing to die fighting. they arent! so people got a shock and it was like "shit Tim doesnt fuck about". i was the hardest guy in my secondart school!!! but before all this the "popular" guys were seen as the top dogs. one of them walked past me and spat in my face. i battered him to bits and had him asking me to stop and say sorry ionfront of all those who saw it. at this time i was big into judo and my dad had taught me much of what he knew about what he called "street boxing". this lad was the "COCK" (as its called were im from ) of the school and i had him battered and bleeding. a few people tried me after that to see if it was fluke. they ALL found out it wasnt! and that was that.

the ONLY fight ive ever come out of worse is when a gang jumped me after i sparked out one of them because he punched me in the face, again because i was the "easy target". on my soul there was 20 of them./ i'd say about 5-6 had a go. i took a couple with me (actually intresting point here. i grabbed one by the ears and 100% effort went into a head but. he went down. last year i bumped into him when i was visiting my home town and TO THIS DAY his nose looks bent and broken!!!)
that and i was a kid about 7 and this boy beat me up i wnet in the house and my mum and dad said "no one can hit you as hard as we can so get out there and hit him!!!!". and i did, in fear of them lol, BUT they were right. always take on the bully!

SO rich i think the proof is in the pudding my friend. those of use who know a thing or two can see YOU know a thing or two. and i like to think we help eachother out and step forward together. if the haters are there let tehm step forward and show you that your shit!!! bet non of them do!!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Quote :
SO rich i think the proof is in the pudding my friend. those of use who know a thing or two can see YOU know a thing or two. and i like to think we help eachother out and step forward together. if the haters are there let tehm step forward and show you that your shit!!! bet non of them do!!

We can help each other out and step forward together for deffo and in all honesty I do get more out of this forum (in a "positive" sense I love you ) than any other- this is a small group of like minded people who seem to have the rare capacity to debate a subject progressively!

BUT

thats all well and good but there are traps here: people will tend to come here who have already prequalified me as someone they like coz it is "my" forum, Im not going to be challenged as much and honesty might get smothered

AND

Im not just answering any old forum cobblers ( I gave up on bool - shido once I saw through the very thin facade of young angry loudmouths who were mostly just doing really bad MMA, but because they had the tap out board shorts and the rash guard felt and did their 2 hours class attendance a week felt they had the right to lecture people on it!) , I still have (some, grudging Very Happy ) respect for the people asking the questions and the forum they are being asked on -ok, I'm not going to be inviting many of them round for tea but you have to stay exposed to a potentially hostile crowd who dont "respect" you- its like Maija said about hard sparring and allowing the possiblity to be made to look foolish: it keeps you honest as an instructor.

Anyone reading those threads might not like what they see written or the attitudes you see coming across but some of the posters are actually accomplished professionals in their field, loads of hands on experience of scrapping and/or training and/or relevant academic knowledge and some are just really fucking good instructors.
Bottom line: if someone is being a nob does it stop them from being a good instructor? Even if they really hurt your feelings? What would they have made of that in ancient Sparta? Razz

In my experience in the security industry, the guys who run the firms or are head doormen or big time billy big banana grafters are in fact total fucking weapons (northern term means "idiot" ) as human beings- you might be able to have a laugh with them one day and the next they wont give you the steam off their shit, personality disorders, paranoia, unreasonable aggressiveness: far from precluding a person from being good at violence professionally these attributes might actually be a prerequisite. I cant think of one person I consider to be truly accomplished in that field that I can spend more than 5 minutes with without trying to find an excuse to leave.

(put that down as another reason for wanting to move beyond this field Very Happy )

having said all that, and made my excuses for other peoples sometimes plain bad behaviour there are limits- where I see myself being expected to answer questions of a nature noone else is expected to answer I will start to lose my patience, sometimes by allowing these questions you encourage egos to inflate and then it can just get silly as people find they start to enjoy the role of "inquisitor general" and the brief hit of vicarious power it gives them for its own sake.

that isnt healthy or fair to indulge on either side

to be honest, Im done answering the questions asked- Ive been good natured (for me) and forthcoming and people have had plenty of time to dig up as much as they like.

Any new questions (I seriously doubt they can be any unless people fall back on just plain making stuff up) can be asked on this forum in an environment where there is less opportunity to level anonymous hostility at me for a kick.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BertB

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
So I was thinking about the accusations on the SP forum which come down to me basically lying about doorwork and lying about being into martial arts for a looooong time- also I have the spamming work of various types to contend with...

I started to worry, I know that human nature being what it is if you say something long enough, loud enough, consistently enough people will start to either believe it or at least have doubts about the opposite point of view

at first I laughed it off, then it started to become a genuine concern

"how can I PROVE I was a doorman or that I have indeed been a martial arts nerd for a long time"

the answer came to me: facebook

I am friends with many bar staff and managers and even customers of clubs I used to work at and Im still in contact with a lad I used to work with in Tenerife and another whose sisters house I lived in over there

question: how do I capitalise on that resource and turn it into proof... or indeed "a proof like thing" to paraphrase the shaved monkey king RichardB?

any suggestions would be good

Richard,

why do you *want* to proof it?
The one who knows best is you.

I would simply not prove anything when in your situation.

People who doubt me always get the same answer:
..."join a free try-out class, after class, honestly tell me what you think of me"...

Up till now nobody ever complained after my class.

one wise man (don't know who said it) said:

..."what other people think of you, is non of your business"...

Bert Bruijnen
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:43 pm

its true what you say, I do know who I am

but I was worried (past tense) that people might start to believe the rumours... I think Ive done enough though now, this whole issue is not ranking highly for me at the moment

I have an entire business to remodel I love you
Back to top Go down
BertB

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
its true what you say, I do know who I am

but I was worried (past tense) that people might start to believe the rumours... I think Ive done enough though now, this whole issue is not ranking highly for me at the moment

I have an entire business to remodel I love you

I Understand your concerns.

My advise, would it ever happen again:

-concentrate on your own things and what you do
-if you show that you are right and have quality, that is infinitely more powerful than any argument
-the more attention you pay to all this slander, the bigger the issue is becoming

If you do the above (would these rumours ever occur again), there will be rumours in favor of you, and that works way better than anything you can say.

Glad to read that the issue is not that important anymore.

Bert Bruijnen
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:44 pm

wtf richie? you worried about what people think??
if they dont like, simply dont look the vids
and theres no proof even your whole face book is full of doormen, because you can know them also if you were the toilet guy lol!

what the most important thing is that you know yourself your background.

was i a marine? do i have to put my photos, and regitration numer online??
was i a doorman? do i have to put my bills ive paid for violent behavior and documents of the case online?

Muhah, just let the desktop worriors talk, and keep train your own way..

only the systema vid i dont forgiv you bounce pirat lol!

just kidding
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:46 pm

for the Systema video I dont forgive myself Razz I got involved with some proper bellends on that one
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:29 pm

also a very nice idea richie, is to ask for a nice fight with the best of systema guy, and film it for you tube! then there is no roomer to be spred, and one video says more than thousand words
Back to top Go down
DSProtection

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Hello Richard!

I am security guard certified by, and working under the swedish police. Iīm also security at doors. At the moment on two of the biggest, hottest nightclubs in Stockholm, Sweden. My wife is head of security there, and I am besides doing security work in the door there, also a defence tactics instructor for the security staff at these two doors.
I am a part of some brittish doormen forums, and I have also seen some people discussing if you have been a doorman or not.
I have never intrigued in these disscutions. But I must say that I honestly donīt give a shit if you have been or havenīt been a doorman. I still think that your knowledge about selfdefence i great, and I agree with most of what you say and teach. Someone who knows about selfdefence can clearly see that you know what youīre doing. So donīt let these people get to you. As long as you believe in what youīre doing, and as long as you get credits from people who are also good selfdefence instructors, I donīt think you have to worry much about it. But I understand it must be frustrating when people talk like the do.

Keep up the exellent work you are doing.

Best regards/Daniel
Back to top Go down
http://www.dsprotection.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In my defence...   In my defence... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In my defence...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: