Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YOUR MOTTO

Go down 
+3
thugsage
roadkill
darktim99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
darktim99

darktim99

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:55 pm

on the subject of different types of fighter psychology what kind of motto best desrcibes you, your style and the way you view a fight whne you actually IN one?

my own couple are :-

* "kill or be killed"
* "what ever they have i can take it"

DT
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:43 pm

We only have one that we have considered a motto of sorts.

"Pain is my friend and I'm willing to share"
Back to top Go down
darktim99

darktim99

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:48 pm

thats a good one that! similar to the "kill or be killed" one.

DT
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm

i've had the same one since i was about 8--subconciously when i didn't expect to
win but i did expect to 'go-off'. later i put words to it--loosely:

i don't really feel comfortable playing the eye-contact game, so i look away
and then i can feel my temper rising if problems aren't going away--i've tried
eye contact and it ironically makes me feel less selfrightious/confident. continually looking
away i start to feel

"don't f*&king touch me" which builds on an explosive theme. i've given directives
in this state--all the while looking away. in fact, every time i look away, i'm there. the times
i've messed up my mental state, i've gotten into the mesmerizing game of eye contact and
facial expressions and word play. now i even train this way on the drills...actually saying:

"don't [expletive] come over here...", etc... looking away..."fook off", etc... i've always
felt better about being surprized then having any kind of a build up--and i think looking away
and thinking this particular type of thought helps me stay empty and intensely angry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm

"BANZAI!!!!!" on a Samurai day (they never said this, but lets not be pedantic, its fun to shout)

"By Thor I will crush your skull, burn your village and rape your cattle!!" on a Viking Berserker day

"Cry Havoc and unleash the dogs of war!!!" on a drama queen day

"Not the face, stop pulling my hair! ow, you bitch!" on weekends when I do my alternative cabaret routine

I used to like "by any means necessary" as it kind of dispassionately describes what our focus in this field should be but I more recently found out that it is pretty much always associated with American Black Muslim groups in the 60's and 70's which given that Im a white middle class english boy might make me look pretentious and silly... and I do so hate that... if I could just get it translated into latin we might lose that "black leather gloved fist in the air" overtone... either that or "victory at any cost"? latin speakers? no?

Very Happy

my motto for verbal confrontation/ arguments: "never wrestle a pig, you both get dirty but only the pig likes it"
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
maija
Admin
maija

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:50 pm

For Viking Berserker Day ... remember Richie, burn LAST, burn LAST Laughing

Don't know the Latin for what you want, but I did post the Latin clip from Tombstone on another thread - not really insults but ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEIkXMfL1E

'Oderint dum metuant' is also good - Let them hate as long as they fear (Apparently a favorite of that all round complete nutter, Caligula)
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:52 pm

maija wrote:
For Viking Berserker Day ... remember Richie, burn LAST, burn LAST Laughing

Razz the lap top is shaking Im laughin so hard at that lol! excellent!
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:21 am

Richie wrote///

"Not the face, stop pulling my hair! ow, you bitch!" on weekends when I do my alternative cabaret routine"

affraid now my keyboard is shaking with laughter--along with me lol!

"I used to like "by any means necessary" as it kind of dispassionately describes what our focus in this field should be but I more recently found out that it is pretty much always associated with American Black Muslim groups in the 60's and 70's "

i've been here too long because i am getting images of 'malcolm x' flower Razz
it is really a superior motto though, it puts the stops on all that sport fighting mentality.
bite/gauge/pinch--oops back to cabaret Embarassed

i heard a girl say this once and it stuck with me, she said...
"there's always someone tougher than you, but there never has to be anyone crazier" affraid
i like the implications of that one too
Back to top Go down
RichardB

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:51 pm

I've had a tendency to go into a "if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me" mode of thinking a lot. Although intellectually looking at it, it doesen't seem optimal. That has to be the one for me. Better to say something like "I'm going to kill every, single, one of you, then I'll go home, and have a nice, warm bubblebath." (some inspiration from a spoof of Bas Rutten) Laughing
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:42 am

KingRichardB,

i like that one too...i used to hear this one from sofa-samurai growing up,
"if i go down, i'm taking 3 of you with me"...that one has a similarly satisfying
connotation. i used to have a humorous one--that i didn't...wait, let me iterate that
...THAT I DIDN'T TRULY ASCRIBE TO, but occured to my sick sense of humor
enough to put me in the laughing mode, equally off putting to the other person.
it went like this [and yes the background was in fact necessary so you wouldn't think
i was some barbarian nancy in sweats]:

"i'm going to f&*k you up...then simply f&*k you"

lol! lol! lol!

dark humor, me. i've always wanted to say it to completely take the piss out of
a person, but the macho in me could never bring myself to. in reality, it is
my original entry[eg//fook off...don't fookin touch me]...it always makes me think
of the rattlesnake--i've over here and therefore you should be over there, and it's unusual method.
a simple nutter like bark, 'fook off'...or maybe a linda blair like, "the priest must die"
lol! that's my motto.

my dad told me one of his once, by way of the bastardized RAF motto--which he said was instead
'fook you george, i'm fire proof'. silly man never was very good at latin, but was happy being
lippy.

i should make a thread of put downs. my dad's have a full range...several come to mind
in heated close call moments:
'you weren't born, you were scraped off a brothel sheet' and furthormore...
'miscellanious words fook fookin fook more miscellanious words fook fookin fook' lol!

there was a case of road rage once and a guy tried to drive menacingly next to my dad, yelling,
"what the fook did you think you were doing?"
to which my dad yelled across me--like he was going to leap out of the moving car
"going to the whore house to see your mother you dumb fook!"

he did in fact have a motto--he raised me to believe it for a time. he preached it, he demonstrated
it over and over again...it was,

"never overestimate the enemy, they're as dumb as they look"
lol!

in truth mine ended up being somewhat the opposite,
"never underestimate "
sort of allowing me to take any threat very seriously--affording my inner switch an expression.

dear old dad would be horified, the world to him was the aggregate of morons preparing speeches for
deaf gerbals. but perhaps this reflects his experiences.
you said something once about martial arts, or fighting--whichever, that implied some lost art of self
defense had to best fit the times it was expressed in...what is good now will only reflect what is out there now. this i understand, and it is not so dissimilar to jeet koon do. okay mate, out with it...are you a Bruce fan? cause this sounds like his 'flow like water' speech Laughing
i think he was the original MMA man of his time. what a pioneer he was.

blabbing...this is what happens when i'm one minute away from more nappies to change.
affraid
Back to top Go down
RichardB

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:05 am

Loads of good stuff.

lol!

Reminds me of one I heard attributed to a biker threatening some guy: "I'm going to gouge out your eyes and skullfuck you to death."

"Rip of your arm and beat you with the wet end" stuff. Twisted Evil Laughing

Quote :
the world to him was the aggregate of morons preparing speeches for
deaf gerbals

Sounds about right. Hmm... but there's a dilemma here. Never underestimate Vs. overestimate... Both are true. So maybe... let's say the enemy is as dumb as he looks, but one should never underestimate the unpredictability and effectiveness of his idiocy. If the idiot doesen't know what the hell he's doing, how can you? Laughing

Actually I had nearly forgotten but I think this exists in real life. I call them "Dodd's" as a retarded variant of the "Todd" nightmare enemy they talk about at TPI. The chief danger element of the "Dodd" is the unpredictability. But it kinda got put on the shelf as I never really found a direct use for them other than saying "they're out there." Shocked

And what the hell can you do? Everything's normal. The idiot thinks things are normal. And then "it" gets an idea... affraid And these things are usually so absurdly stupid or insane that no sane person can see it coming. Good reflexes is probably the best anyone can do.

Bruce Lee? Shocked Err... No... I don't own a yellow tracksuit, cheap "numbchucks" and skip around making odd squealy noises. No... That's... a rumor.... yes. Just a rumor. Embarassed Actually I've got a couple books on JKD somewhere. Three actually. But I've only read one. (There must be about 500 maybe 600 books in, on and around my bookshelf. I've spent about two months flipping through another book with about 270 pages! I'm the grandmaster of procrastination.) But on to Bruce Lee's thinking. It sounds about right. It was definitely ahead of the curve back then, and I guess a lot of the progress made so far is in part due to what he set in motion. Although "eclecticism" is probably far more natural than going on tradition.

His main contribution seems to have been cracking a hole in the artificial hierarchial stuff that had surrounded what could otherwise be some perfectly good violence. Laughing Progress and evolution in these things seems to happen when people fight and use the stuff. when they stop due to some social change or whatever people freeze it and keep going over the solutions that some people 300 years ago found to problems that existed in their time, and probably getting a lot of it wrong due to "Chinese whispers" stuff. and so on. Plus they controlled the hierarchial structure of the "style" and dojo by limiting the information available at each rank. So a lot of wierdness grows out of that over time. I look at that stuff, but only to butcher them and harvest whatever organs are still viable. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
McBane

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:52 am

Not really a motto but I love this section from a Pratchett book, I think it sums it all up rather nicely....

'Whats That?' said Cohen.
'He's a Samurai', said Mr Saveloy.
One Samurai glared at Cohen. He pulled a scrap of silk out of his armour and tossed it into the air. His other hand grabbed the hilt of his long, thin, sword.
There was hardly even a hiss, but the shreds of silk tumbled gently to the ground.
'Get back', said Cohen slowly,. ;I reckon this one is mine. Got another
hanky? Thanks..'
The Samurai looked at Cohen's sword. It was long, heavy and had so many notches it could have been used as a saw.
'You'll never do it', he said, 'With that sword? Never.'
Cohen blew his nose noisily.
'You Think?' he said. ' Watch this'.
The handkerchief soared into the air. Cohen gripped his sword.
He had beheaded three upward staring Samurai before the
handkerchief started to tumble.
'And the message is', said Cohen, 'Either fight or muck about, it's up to you.'
Back to top Go down
McBane

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Gladius   YOUR MOTTO EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:58 am

I have a copy of a Pompeii Roman Gladius, made by a very very good master sword smith in Italy, he engraved on it (in the style of the times),

'Alea iacta est'. which means, 'The Die is cast'.

It is what Julius Caesar is reported to have said on January 10, 49 BC as he led his army across the River Rubicon in northern Italy. When he did this, he entered Italy at the head of his army in defiance of the Roman Senate and began his long civil war against Pompey and the Optimates.

The phrase is still used today to mean that events have passed a point of no return, that something inevitable will happen, i.e., he cannot take back what he has done.

SO if I had a motto it may be that.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:47 am

McBane,
nice entries mate. the first one had me laughing!! and here i am supposed to be in
charge of cooking breakfast for my family--better log out now lol!

reference refers to this///

"'Either fight or muck about, it's up to you"

that's going to be stuck in my mind all day now cheers
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO EmptyFri May 22, 2009 2:00 pm

RichardB wrote///

"Sounds about right. Hmm... but there's a dilemma here. Never underestimate Vs. overestimate... Both are true. So maybe... let's say the enemy is as dumb as he looks, but one should never underestimate the unpredictability and effectiveness of his idiocy. If the idiot doesen't know what the hell he's doing, how can you?"

..ha ha ha...sorry i missed that on the first run through...dyslexic me. not the first time i've skipped entire sections scratch no wonder my college never contacted for the alumni meetings affraid
maybe i didn't even graduate lol!

"I look at that stuff, but only to butcher them and harvest whatever organs are still viable. "

nice. we're just a couple of cannibals at the end of the day, huh? What a Face num num num affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YOUR MOTTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR MOTTO   YOUR MOTTO Empty

Back to top Go down

YOUR MOTTO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Psychology-
Jump to: