Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Explosivity Concept

Go down 
+2
thugsage
Richard Grannon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Explosivity Concept Empty
PostSubject: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:28 am

from the Beta-8 "T.H.F.E." Doooovd
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com/THFEDVD.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Holy Shit...this is my Mantra!

i've been finding lately the reluctance of some of my students to
train power--i've been sort of wearing them down with pad conditioning.
the subject of, "my good side, my bad arm, my weak wrist, etc..." and
all the rest of it kept arising. part ego. part overtraining apprehensiveness.
and just part fookin' laziness.

my solution was to overemphasize speed on 'the bad arm', etc...and the
results were great. i wasn't really sure if i wasn't going to re-adjust and
re-adjust, as i've done many times, but i started really getting keen on
it and focusing on the little movements and maximum explosions side of
things.

this is really cool shit. it comes at a great time in our/my training, because
i'm constantly refining and tweeking everything for minimum self damage and
maximum fookin' damage to others. the jap slap which you show is the very
thing that started the unraveling process--for the better. i've been 1/2
loop-whipping it from a tight position to generate speed/momentum--out by
accident because my pads are set up between some collosal building air-
conditioner and a brick wall. can't afford to wreck and elbow, etc...

this DVD is dead on--and as usual just ahead of my learning curve, which is great for
me because i'm now permitted to stay the course.
Really fookin' awesome--this is the shit, the dog's bollocks and a key ingredient to
putting it all together. i was saying to my hot and cold future police officer student
the other day what i suspected but wasn't sure of really--i only knew it applied to myself.
i said--taking a risk that it spoke to human nature as well as me, "those guys that can
launch--like an explosion of violence and speed, they get that way from being about a
degree below boiling just as the threat is approaching...you have to walk over to some
one, or whatever, like you already decided to fooking take their head off their shoulders
and then only allow a small degree of ration thinking that is prepared to be self talked
out it, for good measure. anything less and you're fooking going to spend the next 5
seconds backpedaling or worse."

this is some MANTRA stuff right here!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:12 pm

I like this drill alot Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:18 pm

this is GOLD study

A year ago I was doing a lot of russian style. It's funny now because I can see how the instructor was adapting what he'd learned (his training) to what reality had taught him... (coincidentally he's also a doorman here) and he pretty much was coming to the same conclusions that Richie's got here. cheers

One particular thing that stands out for me is the elbows. We'd start out 'wet noodle' style just like here, and see basically how far it'd knock back the biggest guy in class holding the pads. He was about 240 lbs. Doing the 'wet noodle' eblow it'd typically push his back enough he'd have to re-adjust his stand or maybe take a step back forward again. However, when we went for 'explosivity' it was amazing. Switching on, tapping into the agression and exploding out fast with as little warning as possible pushed this guy back about three steps worth. Is that 3 times the power? I don't know but I know that no matter hwo he dug in waiting for it there wasn't much he could do to stop it.

Richie is bang on, I haven't come across anyone demonstrating this as well as he.

king
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Quote :
However, when we went for 'explosivity' it was amazing. Switching on, tapping into the agression and exploding out fast with as little warning as possible pushed this guy back about three steps worth. Is that 3 times the power?

it might not be 3 times the power in a scientific, physics way, buts certainly more bang for the buck, which is what we want!

glad u enjoying the clips mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:17 pm

and it has a nasty [nasty meaning good] way of building up that sort of cardio, that
sort of fast twitch muscle fiber, that sort of intensity. you find yourself surprizing your
own expectations.

i've been--on occasion, using the forward driving [w/pads] drill in this way lately.
sometimes we do the drill RBSD-esque, with people pressures and time constraints or whatever.
other times [when i can get takers because it's draining--and as such takes on a logarythmic
leap in everyone's training], just sort of do a kind of tango where one is holding a pad while the
other is really speed exploding jab crosses until the guy has retreated across a long expanse
like the width of a tennis court. the pads are switched and the other guy drives him back along
the same distance. when done as if trying to be as fast and explosive as possible, it wipes everyone
out but builds one up in a profound way.

after one or two days a week of doing this, you get back on the stationary pads [or bag] and feel
like you are destroying it, it pricks the level of anger/intensity along with it. that's a high that wont
get you arrested, and probably the only one that the general public should be afraid of Laughing , but i
digress. you come out of the right of passage a wee bit more intense--for a bit, until the next training.

i was joking a bit about it being a mantra as such, but i really think about the entire game plan being
'an explosion of speed and violence'. that really is my mantra--i just don't chant it like some deranged
wanker. bounce
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Quote :
i've been--on occasion, using the forward driving [w/pads] drill in this way lately.
sometimes we do the drill RBSD-esque, with people pressures and time constraints or whatever.
other times [when i can get takers because it's draining--and as such takes on a logarythmic
leap in everyone's training], just sort of do a kind of tango where one is holding a pad while the
other is really speed exploding jab crosses until the guy has retreated across a long expanse
like the width of a tennis court. the pads are switched and the other guy drives him back along
the same distance. when done as if trying to be as fast and explosive as possible, it wipes everyone

this is a Bob Spour favourite mate, the emphasis on aggression and intensity rather than technique, he loves getting people doing this drill- the more you put in to it the faster you burn out strength and cario wise, teaches you a lot about more sportive padwork/bagwork where you pretty much encoruage yourself to "coast" as much as possible to conserve energy- one of a list of bad habits to be gained from the good stuff you can get from sportive training Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:59 am

cheers mate,
that's promising. cheers
Back to top Go down
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
Quote :

this is a Bob Spour favourite mate, the emphasis on aggression and intensity rather than technique, he loves getting people doing this drill- the more you put in to it the faster you burn out strength and cario wise, teaches you a lot about more sportive padwork/bagwork where you pretty much encoruage yourself to "coast" as much as possible to conserve energy- one of a list of bad habits to be gained from the good stuff you can get from sportive training Very Happy

that's a really awesome tip Smile Thanks for posting this stuff guys, Can't wait to try this study
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Just finished watching the S.C.T.S DVD.

The concept of exploding into motion from a very close range without specific weapons or targets except hands to head really goes well with disadvantageous positions. Such as the bus seat example. That was kind of a semi-missing piece which just came into place for me. The body mechanics are shit for power in positions like that. In society we often find ourselves in a variety of "tactically unsound" positions, to call it that. Queues/lines, most sitting arrangements, crowded bars, etc. Overall a very simple and reliable solution. Accomodates the shredder very well too. Another nice thing arising from the surprise and speed of execution is getting inside their OODA loop. If Murphy's not being a dick you might never have to give the initiative back. then again Murphy is Murphy... The god of "keep your shit wired tight, or else..." Shocked Laughing

Now if we just pop the scalp off of our hypothetical thug so we can see the theoretical OODA loop taking place...

"I'll have this little twat" *bambambam* "wtf?" *bambam* "shit ouch what the?" *bambamBAMBAMBAMBAM* Sleep
Back to top Go down
darktim99

darktim99

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:25 am

watched this vid today on the tube Smile

i think being explosive is THE way. fast, hard and ruthless. but as pointed out if you use distraction techniques to drop their guard will be much more effective!

i like asking them random stuff like. "why you like orange elephants?" they go "what?......." as soon as i've asked its like a mini beat after the action kicks in. lol just enough for them to ponder the daft question.

DT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosivity Concept   Explosivity Concept Empty

Back to top Go down

Explosivity Concept
Page 1 of 1