Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richie-influenced training:fun as fook

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Richie-influenced training:fun as fook Empty
PostSubject: Richie-influenced training:fun as fook   Richie-influenced training:fun as fook EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 5:32 pm

-jog backwards for one mile

-stretch: mostly hips and calfs for torque and stiffness [slow lunges, etc]

[b]-visualize and slowly work through the blast forward assault--with eyes shut
speed up inner visualization
[/b]

-partner drill continued theme slow work for focus alone [still standing partner]

-natural movement drill--still slow but following forward motion and natural reaction

[b]-pad held drills to driving someone back--full blast and minimum 6 hits[/b]

-same pad drill but side 'assholes' instructed to jump in after 4-to-6 rapid hits [and
attempt to take student to the ground before reaching a milestone [symbolic exit]

range of attacks include: head butting [controlled]; biting [controled]; jab-crosses;
jap slaps; hammer fists; low round kicks; person pile ups.

FUN AS FOOK: WE ALL STINK AND WE ALL GOT FIRED UP; WE DREW A CROWD--
UNBEKNOWNST TO ME.

DRAW BACK: I CAN STILL TASTE ONE OF MY STUDENT'S EARS--NASTY FOOKER
NEEDS A BATH lol!

note: highlighted areas from Richie themes

an observer remarked, " i can't believe you bit him"
trying to pump up my students i replied, "i just nibbled...if i didn't know him i'd
be eating that f*&ker in front of him and asking if he wanted a bite"
NOT REALLY [eat it], BUT IT WAS FUN TO SAY FOR SHOCK VALUE affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Richie-influenced training:fun as fook   Richie-influenced training:fun as fook EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Quote: "-same pad drill but side 'assholes' instructed to jump in after 4-to-6 rapid hits [and attempt to take student to the ground before reaching a milestone [symbolic exit]"

I particularly like this idea of adding 360 awareness and the idea of the milestone.
I.e. the exit.
I've been playing with idea of games with a finish point too - away from the fight itself. In the weapons systems of Eskrima, especially when both parties are armed, people tend to forget about the 'getting away' part. They either get the rabbit in the headlights thing or the glorious double death. Now, there is nothing wrong with the double death if that is your only option, but I vote for getting away if possible Very Happy .
One idea I had was to play with idea of taking a prize to a location, but having to contend with 'bad guys' between you and your goal. If you are 'dead' you can't complete the task, so breaking through, and past, one or many AND getting to the milestone are all part of the game.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Richie-influenced training:fun as fook   Richie-influenced training:fun as fook EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:21 pm

i love that kind of drill. i try and do the pad drill for driving someone back
without the meat-heads first. then try and get them to really keep the integrity
of really nailing the first guy from 4 to 6 times before they start anticipating
the sideshows. the most common thing an observer can hear me yelling.

"you barely hit him at all...you were too busy waiting to react to the
guys on the side...do it again, this time really fooking nail him like nothing else
exists on the planet. then try and bolt the fek out of the area--only striking and
and evading enough to keep you moving. don't give up until they really have
you smothered."

so the lesson also ends up trying to get people to keep fighting for a good 20
seconds or so after what seems a dead end. they got me down yesterday, but
you can't really measure such things--only address them so it feels familiar and
less surprizing. i was softly headbutting, getting light bites out of several. i was
exploring possibilities and getting into it.

i think you'd love this stuff. it increases the pressure and gives you a glimpse--which
is all any of us can get in contained scenario training. it's hysterical to watch the build
up. these guys are really dreading it. hoping this is the last time it's "their turn in
the hot seat". they're almost getting to the place i want them to be. afterward, like most
rites of passage, they're all shits and giggles. you'd think it was xmas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Richie-influenced training:fun as fook   Richie-influenced training:fun as fook EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm

sounds like violent fun for all concerned mate! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richie-influenced training:fun as fook   Richie-influenced training:fun as fook Empty

Back to top Go down

Richie-influenced training:fun as fook
Page 1 of 1