Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Using NLP visualizations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tantricksters

PostSubject: Using NLP visualizations   Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:40 am

I've been reading stuff here for the past few weeks and this is my first post. Since this sight discusses using NLP to change outlook, performance and even physiology, I thought this study might start an interesting conversation. It made me wonder how you could change you own hormone levels (like testosterone) through visualizations.

Here's the link.

A study on Barn swallows
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Using NLP visualizations   Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:37 pm

really cool article. i believe the association. when i was in shotokan--not knowing who the fek to model after to grow in the system, i picked the sensei. he was a bullish, charging, eye-bulging type. i often joked that i was going to theatre class to my friends because i was completely modeling. i even sucked down coffee, as i'm sure that freak (and i say freak in an envious kind of respectful way, mind you Embarassed What a Face ) did. the response brought about rapid results from the middle ranks, and respectful attention from the higher ranks. every belt test (this was also due to rigor), early on, i always skipped levels. the point was that i knew all i was doing was modeling, and it helped that i had an athlete's sensibilities. can't say what it was doing for my testosterone--didn't have a meter handy. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: Using NLP visualizations   Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:41 pm

Intersting. I've actually wondered about my testosterone levels being affected by social behavior and so on before. How to do it by visalizations?

Just visualize being the manly man I suppose. But I think it would do more to start being the manly man in your thoughts and actions.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Using NLP visualizations   Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:46 pm

.... or perhaps instead of visualization, you could start off every morning with a 'dance':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eGCsEQ15L4 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Using NLP visualizations   Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:35 pm

ha ha.
i confess to loving that stuff. the funny thing about it is when traditional islanders set about to do the haka, it only looks bad ass when someone is absolutely consumed with it (even a little over the edge). the kiwis had it over the tonga-team, and then some. affraid

i'm sure there's probably some anthropological explanation of conjuring spirits and practicing moves--did i see an elbow smash in there???, but i always see it from the western sensibility of being a really kick ass, "get ready for a whoopin' biyaaaatch...did you tell all your next of kin?"

imagine seeing that, coming off a boat. i can just imagine the first blokes getting ready to board the landing dingy.
"uhm. listen...i'm not nearly as sea sick as you were...why don't you go first and i'll go pack a lunch for us and come with the next round...nnn'kay?"
What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Using NLP visualizations   Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Yeah, I love it too. The absolute intent is key, and a worthy thing to be able to access for us all .... I was actually only half joking when I suggested a morning wake up ritual. Not that you need to be ready to do battle ALL the time, but I like that the "spirit" is engaged in these old chants/dances/rituals etc. It doesn't feel malicious or twisted, but kinda healthy in a way.
On the other hand there are many cultural variations ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmy6OaZEAhE jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using NLP visualizations   

Back to top Go down

Using NLP visualizations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Psychology-
Jump to: