Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...

Go down 
+4
Sergei
Richard Grannon
ncw
pikeking
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pikeking

pikeking

ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... Empty
PostSubject: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 10:32 pm

... now what?

any DVDs in the pipeline covering this topic?
Back to top Go down
ncw

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:37 pm

I thought I might reply in general as to "now what".

There are two senearos of you being on the ground

1) You on the ground, your opponent standing

2) Both of you are on the ground.

In the first senearo, do not lay flat on your back like you see in MMA. It exposes your groin and you cannot turn. Lay slightly on your side on one elbow. Your bottom foot should be on the ground and both legs curled ready to strike.
From this position your groin is protected and you can turn very easily. From here you can deliver side thrust kicks very easy to his knees and shins. You can also do an snap front kick to his groin if he leaves himself open. Use your legs like your hands ie... "one leg out, one leg in" much like a jab, cross. You can also hook behind one of his legs and kick his same knee with your other leg. Or you can hook one leg and pull while kicking his other knee. There are many options which the main one being is to "GET UP", which is also easier from this position.

The real danger in both senearos are from muliple opponents and weapons. The ground is no place to be for very long, Although, even with the popularity of MMA most people will not be very good at ground fighting. "Street thugs" have no idea how maintain a base or maintain their balance.

In the second case, if both you and your opponent are on the ground, (even with a larger opponent) and you are on your back it's fairly easy to sweep or reverse and gain the dominant position, with just a little bit of training. And actually, with some training they should never gain the dominant positions to begin with.
If it is just one on one and you are confident he doesn't have a edged weapon you can "ground and pound" or just get up and leave. There are also correct ways to get up.
Of course there are lots of things you can do from your back.

However, in my world, in the street, your goal should be to 1) Gain the dominant position. 2) IF THE SITUATION WARRANTS IT: Damage my opponent with strikes and blows 3) Joint locks are joint breaks, there is no " tapping out" and 3) Most importantly GET UP!!!

I train BJJ because 1) If I ever do f#%k up and find myself on the ground I won't freak out not knowing what to do and 2) I enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 4:03 pm

...NOW FIGHT LIKE F*** TO GET BACK UP AGAIN! Cool

I wouldnt do a DVD on this because there are IMHO no techniques to be shown, its about raw grit and determination to get your ass up off the deck

I would suggest drilling it, make up drills like this:

a. put on a judo gi and have a couple of training partners try draggin you to the floor-
now FLF to stay upright

b. as soon as they do get you down FLF to get back up again

Do NOT concern yourself with what you will do down there, its all bollocks. One kick to the back of your neck and you are KO'd or dead so there is no time for thinking of positioning or any of that .
Scramble, thrash like a lunatic back to your feet.
If you need to cover your neck or jaw with an arm then do it.
If lashing out with your foot towards a knee/ankle joint works then do it.
If you need to sacrifice limbs, groin or torso to protect your head and stand up then do it.
Your priority number one though is to get back on your feet.
In a group attack:
You could absorb one of the kicks raining in by grabbding it and then use that limb to climb up- they will resist coming down with you and support you on your climb back up.

Learn to fall and be thrown well on concrete- there is a skill to it.
Protect your jaw/ back of neck at all costs as if these buttons get pushed you will be asleep and very vulnerable.
It might be worth learning to do a bit of primal thrashing and kicking out from the floor- but dont start getting good at it / making a skill of it and programming your mind to do it or you will think that it is an "option" during a fight- which it is NOT
Its only ever a quick transition move to you getting back up on your feet.
Act like the floor is a redhot plate.
Fight back to your feet.

... finally... be really steely in your determination not to go down (see part A of the drill above), work that 80% of the time and the falling down and getting back up just 20% of the time and you are on the right tracks.

I never drill for it, because it seldom happened, unless I had F***ed up... which I really tried not to do.... Notice Im talking in the past tense? I never get into scraps with people.
Nobody wants to fight with me outside of training.

This is called the cultivation of a strong belief... I might be trying to tell you something unconsciously right now... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:39 am

Quote :

No doubt. Simple and common sense when it comes to violence is rated lower than it should be. To pikeking: It is what you would likely do anyway. You might be surprised at how "brutal" and "ruthless" you will be to survive violent attacks. Fighting is not a complicated thing at all. It's pretty basic, simple, and natural, though I see people making it otherwise in their minds intellectually.
Back to top Go down
OUTCOLDFIGHTCLUB.ORG

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:59 am

i stand corrected.

Last edited by OUTCOLDFIGHTCLUB.ORG on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 9:17 am

While I'm flattered you're so concerned about my safety that you insist on lurking round the forum waiting for an opportunity to expose Richie, I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you'd just piss off.

I'm capable of taking in Richie's information, mixing it with my own experience, with my own observations of other peoples experience and my common sense and coming up with my own opinions.

What I don't need is some bloke with an injured ego and an axe to grind making a nuisance of himself.

If Richie's words bother you so much, just stay away and don't read them. If you are right, we'll figure it out. We're hardly likely to take your word for it because you've done nothing to earn our trust. You've come on the forum RANTING IN CAPS but you're making yourself look daft.

We're all grown ups. let us judge Richie for ourselves.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
ncw

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:04 pm

Sergei wrote:
Quote :

No doubt. Simple and common sense when it comes to violence is rated lower than it should be. To pikeking: It is what you would likely do anyway. You might be surprised at how "brutal" and "ruthless" you will be to survive violent attacks. Fighting is not a complicated thing at all. It's pretty basic, simple, and natural, though I see people making it otherwise in their minds intellectually.

Agreed,
This is not rocket science. However, there are skillsets that can be taught and learned that will make us more effective.
I've have not seen nor heard anything from Richie that contradicts this. I personally don't care about his real life experiences. I've trained with and have studied under quite a few RBSP Instructors and as far as I'm concerned Richie puts out as good of information as anyone.

Last edited by ncw on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kev_OCFC

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Become a ninja, learn ninjitsu and learn to roll out of being in awkward spots... you could also practice throwing yaself on the ground to get use to it, I'm sure theres a video on youtube to show you how to do solo drills Smile
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 5:00 pm

AdamM wrote:
While I'm flattered you're so concerned about my safety that you insist on lurking round the forum waiting for an opportunity to expose Richie, I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you'd just piss off.

I'm capable of taking in Richie's information, mixing it with my own experience, with my own observations of other peoples experience and my common sense and coming up with my own opinions.

What I don't need is some bloke with an injured ego and an axe to grind making a nuisance of himself.

If Richie's words bother you so much, just stay away and don't read them. If you are right, we'll figure it out. We're hardly likely to take your word for it because you've done nothing to earn our trust. You've come on the forum RANTING IN CAPS but you're making yourself look daft.

We're all grown ups. let us judge Richie for ourselves.

Thank you

Well said Adam.

This thread will be locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...   ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor... Empty

Back to top Go down

ok so you've F***ed up and you're on the floor...
Page 1 of 1