Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

no thing hear two sea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergei

Sergei

no thing hear two sea Empty
PostSubject: no thing hear two sea   no thing hear two sea EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: no thing hear two sea   no thing hear two sea EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:13 pm

Sergei wrote:
My questions are, do I need to have a mental image or picture I see whilst firing the anchor because that is very hard to do for me and my second question is on the streets when I fire off this anchor the emotion does not come. It only comes when I do it a few times. So should I do the full body anchor a few times during the peak of emotion during visualising/conceptualising? Thanks Smile

if you fire off an anchor and get no response thats an indication that you havent been bulding the anchor at the absolute peak of the state- you shouldnt be doing the full body anchor more than once or twice in a session- because it needs to be very distinctive in order to let your neurology know the specific response you are going for

know you dont need to have a picture- you can just have a rough "concept" of a scenario- whatever your brain comes up with when you say in your internal dialogue: "can I think of the last time I was in a fight?" or whatever your trigger scenario is

Play with the linguistics of the question you ask yourself to get that fist mental concept

here are some ideas:

"when was the last time I felt threatened?"
"have I ever felt really scared before or during a fight?"
"have I ever wished after a fight that I acted with more decisveness or skill?"

find something that gives you a strong response- you really want the FIRST thing you start with - your visualisation or picture or concept - to be something that gives you a strong emotional response- that is much more important than seeing a clear specific "picture"

Maybe I should do a follow up CD that explains these little bits and peices

Also Sergei, be confident in creating your own strategies- focus on what you specifically want to get from the exercise and make it up

a. what is the situation you want to deal with?
b. what would you want your response to be to that situation?

try thinking of a solution to something not martial arts related first, so it gets you used to working with the principles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: no thing hear two sea   no thing hear two sea EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:23 pm

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: no thing hear two sea   no thing hear two sea EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:44 pm

i need to listen to the cd to know more, but i think i'm following on the imagery stuff...i'd like to validate it--from a tournament fight (not the street). i once lost badly in the street and the situation changed how i treated the subject of self defense. what happened in tournaments never worried me too much, it was more an ego thing. i normally had average showings, i won/lost some. in the circuits i attended, you just sort of lined up next to folks about your size until the final rounds. i found myself sparring against someone that merely looked like one of the guys from my street experience. i suddenly felt very direct, clear, and goal oriented. i stayed near that state at least until the end of my second fight. i really felt like i was meeting that guy again, and i wasn't going to let him get away--weird.
i've never used imagery before, but one thing i noticed about spiritual kinds of meditation (a plus and a minus). i used to fare better (for comfort levels) without meditation, because i had impulse control issues. calming my mind gave me the pauses that i needed for peace of mind, but it took away my short temper responses. i had to make up for that with alot of drills, repetition, resistance training. anything to build my reflexes, numb my thoughts, keep my confidence. i would like to try and have some images that send me to that place, i think i understand that it should work. i've heard richie say the samurais meditated on injury and death to calm the nerves, etc. it sounds logical to me.
-rus
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no thing hear two sea   no thing hear two sea Empty

Back to top Go down

no thing hear two sea
Page 1 of 1