Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chulodogo

chulodogo

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty
PostSubject: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:10 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by chulodogo on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:47 pm

i can really see these are tough guys, who have an incredible work ethic, have figured out how to manage fear, have studied extensively philosophy enough to make sense of the order of things--where they fit into the warrior scheme of things...etc...it's intriguing. it would be nice to know them, and learn from them. but i guess there are folks who like weapons, and those who don't. this is not a moral seperation either. i just look at a weapon as not as much fun--for lack of a better way of putting it. and believe me, i'm sure i would benefit from the training. not sure if anyone feels this way, but i like the feel of making a connection with my fist...like the idea of knowing my body goes through metal detectors. but i'm not beyond the idea of 'my hands are swords' etc. i used to love knives, just LOVE them, when i was younger. i had roughly two dozen of them by the time i was 8 years old. i had switch blades, daggers, and a kuhkri that i was so attatched to that i wouldn't be at all surprized if i gave it a name (ha ha...it's all a blur now). but for whatever reason, at this point in my life, i want to be naked (for lack of a better term) of accoutrements. somewhere along the way, i thought, it would be nicer if i felt...i have everything i need right here. and believe me, i'm not beyond reaching for something lying around. that's not what i mean. and i also don't presume any superiority over my mindset. but i notice i'm more at my comfort for not having to associate my comfort with something i grab for. me, personally.
having said that: i still think one of those 'thwack' tournaments would be great--after learning how to use the sticks,and what is expected of me. probably as a way of learning how to use things i reach for, or what to do if someone is swinging a hard blunt object at me. kudos to dog bros and all. but i realize a schism, i like feeling more like a bruiser. don't know what that means--on a psychiatrist's couch, about me...but there it is.

my impulse--with objects, i do have them...is to overhead (muscle memory and instinct from 'a' past experience) and down at an angle (45 %--if anyone cares) with all my force/conviction. but that's as far as it goes i think for me (ha). and i've taken a few stick fighting classes with aikido. loved the culture, really respected what it does for knowing where your opponents center is, even was able to translate the psychology in terms of fist play--deflections that turn into strikes as a sword would. but i couldn't get rid of the feeling that i wasn't swimming, i wasn't close to the sharks...i was too removed from the equations. and again, i loved aikido too. i think i would go back to it if i had loads of time. but when it all comes down to it, if i am 'pressed' for time. i can (personally) only get into the stuff that looks like what it looks like. feels what it feels like.
which for me, for all intensive purposes, either reflects several dickheads thriving on each other's energy--and trying to sort of do something as a right of passage meant to put on a show for the mates, or a real assault with injurious conviction. i don't go to bars any more so i kind of scratched that off the list--in my head.

yesterday, i stopped at an intersection, waited for the pedestrians (three late teen/early twenty)--three young males. who then (random and senseless) started shouting all that crap, "what the fuck you looking at?" etc...egging each other on, "that's how you do it...shit!!!" i'm with my 8 month pregnant wife, calmly trying to just own the frame (Richie advice). for anyone who isn't used to this--it's really not so anomylous here, not frequent, but not anomylous either. i found myself laughing at them, mildly sadistic, because it was a stand off of sorts. i wanted to drive my wife home, and so far they appeared to only be baiting me. so i played with the script a bit. laughing, for a future reference point, and driving off when they condescended to getting out of the way. that sort of thing is dealt with in NLP, and in the drills. i don't know if it makes the point. i guess i want to do it all--including tai-chi, but at the end of the day, all i see myself doing is what most of us do (from what i can tell) now.

p.s. if anyone wants to pay for my weekend stick fighting with the dog brothers--however (ha), i'm not a hater, really i'm not. just putting it out there.

blah blah blah...must be the caffeine
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Russell Sage wrote:
i can really see these are tough guys, who have an incredible work ethic, have figured out how to manage fear, have studied extensively philosophy enough to make sense of the order of things--where they fit into the warrior scheme of things...etc...it's intriguing. it would be nice to know them, and learn from them. but i guess there are folks who like weapons, and those who don't. this is not a moral seperation either. i just look at a weapon as not as much fun--for lack of a better way of putting it. and believe me, i'm sure i would benefit from the training. not sure if anyone feels this way, but i like the feel of making a connection with my fist...like the idea of knowing my body goes through metal detectors. but i'm not beyond the idea of 'my hands are swords' etc. i used to love knives, just LOVE them, when i was younger. i had roughly two dozen of them by the time i was 8 years old. i had switch blades, daggers, and a kuhkri that i was so attatched to that i wouldn't be at all surprized if i gave it a name (ha ha...it's all a blur now). but for whatever reason, at this point in my life, i want to be naked (for lack of a better term) of accoutrements. somewhere along the way, i thought, it would be nicer if i felt...i have everything i need right here. and believe me, i'm not beyond reaching for something lying around. that's not what i mean. and i also don't presume any superiority over my mindset. but i notice i'm more at my comfort for not having to associate my comfort with something i grab for. me, personally.
having said that: i still think one of those 'thwack' tournaments would be great--after learning how to use the sticks,and what is expected of me. probably as a way of learning how to use things i reach for, or what to do if someone is swinging a hard blunt object at me. kudos to dog bros and all. but i realize a schism, i like feeling more like a bruiser. don't know what that means--on a psychiatrist's couch, about me...but there it is.

my impulse--with objects, i do have them...is to overhead (muscle memory and instinct from 'a' past experience) and down at an angle (45 %--if anyone cares) with all my force/conviction. but that's as far as it goes i think for me (ha). and i've taken a few stick fighting classes with aikido. loved the culture, really respected what it does for knowing where your opponents center is, even was able to translate the psychology in terms of fist play--deflections that turn into strikes as a sword would. but i couldn't get rid of the feeling that i wasn't swimming, i wasn't close to the sharks...i was too removed from the equations. and again, i loved aikido too. i think i would go back to it if i had loads of time. but when it all comes down to it, if i am 'pressed' for time. i can (personally) only get into the stuff that looks like what it looks like. feels what it feels like.
which for me, for all intensive purposes, either reflects several dickheads thriving on each other's energy--and trying to sort of do something as a right of passage meant to put on a show for the mates, or a real assault with injurious conviction. i don't go to bars any more so i kind of scratched that off the list--in my head.

yesterday, i stopped at an intersection, waited for the pedestrians (three late teen/early twenty)--three young males. who then (random and senseless) started shouting all that crap, "what the fuck you looking at?" etc...egging each other on, "that's how you do it...shit!!!" i'm with my 8 month pregnant wife, calmly trying to just own the frame (Richie advice). for anyone who isn't used to this--it's really not so anomylous here, not frequent, but not anomylous either. i found myself laughing at them, mildly sadistic, because it was a stand off of sorts. i wanted to drive my wife home, and so far they appeared to only be baiting me. so i played with the script a bit. laughing, for a future reference point, and driving off when they condescended to getting out of the way. that sort of thing is dealt with in NLP, and in the drills. i don't know if it makes the point. i guess i want to do it all--including tai-chi, but at the end of the day, all i see myself doing is what most of us do (from what i can tell) now.

p.s. if anyone wants to pay for my weekend stick fighting with the dog brothers--however (ha), i'm not a hater, really i'm not. just putting it out there.

blah blah blah...must be the caffeine
WOW caffeine is right!!!! bounce
I dont have time to type but i agree with you about the weapons training....i too dont ever really get into weapons.....i like to only use hand to hand but if i have to grab a weapon of opportunity then so be it......the only thing i train with a weapon is my blade.....simple folder.....but the same skills with out the blade are practically the same with the blade......so all in all its just a tweek here and there to make suitable.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:52 pm

I really liked the clip and agree with much of what the crafty dog says, Im not tempted to have a go with the sticks, Ive never really understood the appeal but I love the work ethic:
"higher consciousness through harder contact"

I wish I had thought of that Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Psychology-
Jump to: