Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought I would share.....

Go down 
+2
chulodogo
cocktail
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cocktail

cocktail

Thought I would share..... Empty
PostSubject: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:50 pm

So I finally had some time to do some filming. Granted I am no director or video editor, but wanted to hear your thoughts. Smile Take a look and let me know your opinions. Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-hsMH7oEM
Back to top Go down
chulodogo

chulodogo

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 7:31 am

nice you did it! i say for 2 years now i had to make a video clip, but still dont did it..

about the fighting.. you can barely see whats happening, but in real fight sometimes also, soo its not a good argument.

i like the gun disarming
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 am

Enjoyed your video.

However, I'd persoanlly be more interested in seeing your training than your demonstrations.
We've recently started having a camera running during training and it shows a lot of things we need to work on. Seeing peoples day to day training drills would be more useful to me.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:27 pm

cool.
don't know much about gun stuff--looks like the krav stuff i've seen. nice vid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 5:37 pm

chulodogo wrote:
nice you did it! i say for 2 years now i had to make a video clip, but still dont did it..

about the fighting.. you can barely see whats happening, but in real fight sometimes also, soo its not a good argument.

i like the gun disarming
Yeah its dark and hard to see 100%, but you are right, they really arent fights when they end that fast! :-)
Quote :

Enjoyed your video.

However, I'd persoanlly be more interested in seeing your training than your demonstrations.
We've recently started having a camera running during training and it shows a lot of things we need to work on. Seeing peoples day to day training drills would be more useful to me.
You have a great point, and I do from time to time record a session or two to see the things I missed on certain students and it helps with fine tuning those techniques and skills. I will try to do that more and next time I do, I will gladly send you and email with one :-)

Quote :
cool.
don't know much about gun stuff--looks like the krav stuff i've seen. nice vid.
Thanks! The gun disarm is what it is. Nothing fancy, just quick. I guess you could say it is a style of Krav but IMO, it's just a weapon disarm Wink

Thanks for watching guys!!! Keep the comments coming so the next one is even better! bounce
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Hey cocktail,

Nice video. I have a couple of observations regarding the gun disarm and knife threat defense.

Gun defense:
How does your system break down how to deal with gun threats? i.e. verbal response to attacker, primary danger, line-of-fire, gun discharge, by-standers etc. – are your students taught the fundamentals of firearms?

From my view point there are two critical tactical errors I observed in the gun disarm. The first, regards the defender not re-aligning his body out of the line-of-fire of the weapon. While the disarm looks impressive, there remains a serious risk of enabling your own execution by not redirecting the line of fire first. You have to always assume the gun will discharge.

Second, once the attacker has been disarmed and the defender now has the gun, there was no re-racking of the slide to eject a possible spent casing - jammed- if the gun discharged during the disarm and did not automatically eject, or to chamber a round in case the attacker was posturing. It is, again, a big gamble to assume the gun was loaded and did not discharge during the disarm. Does your system address this?

Knife threat defense:
The defender raises his hands up higher than the attackers blade. In a low light situation this can be construed by the attacker as a provocation and increase the likelihood of the attacker going from threatening to attacking. From an armed robbery training perspective, unless specifically instructed to do so by the robber, one should never raise their hands up high.

Again, the take down looks impressive. However, once the attacker has been taken down, the defenders neck is exposed – and dangerously vulnerable – due to the blade’s proximity. Tactically, that is a risk I would not take.

Just my observations and constructive criticism. Hope it helps….
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Copied this from my answer at Senshido.....i sure as hell didnt wanna type this all out again lol.

Ok, now my explanation. :wink:
Let me first thank you all for the comments on the video.....like i said, it can only better future videos.

This is the first time I have ever done a video like this and wasnt really prepared like i wanted to be. IE scenarios, who is doing what, ect.......What should be noted most, is that none of these people have ever had any form of self defense training. nor did they even know what was going on hahaha......only the guy at the end of the video that did the knife defense has had a couple months of training total.....the two girls and the second guy were just there as friends helping out because i obviously needed more people.......so all i did was tell them what to do and pressed record......we also had a small amount of time so doing take after take wouldnt suffice this time around.

Quote :
Gun defense:
How does your system break down how to deal with gun threats? i.e. verbal response to attacker, primary danger, line-of-fire, gun discharge, by-standers etc. – are your students taught the fundamentals of firearms?
Of course......there were verbal responses in each situation except for the bathroom scene......especially the gun disarm.....verbal to get the attacker thinking and have to consciously figure out what i am saying and then respond, also the look like i am going to get my money, wallet, belongings out of my pocket to distract the gunman and take his eyes towards the prize....that is when i made my move.

Quote :

From my view point there are two critical tactical errors I observed in the gun disarm. The first, regards the defender not re-aligning his body out of the line-of-fire of the weapon. While the disarm looks impressive, there remains a serious risk of enabling your own execution by not redirecting the line of fire first. You have to always assume the gun will discharge.
It is hard to tell from the angle the clip was shot from, but I WAS off the line of attack(fire)......my body WAS slightly bladed and i was quick enough to push the gun completely to one side and i was out of the way of the accidental discharge immediately.....i will admit that my right hand coming up to disarm was most likely in a bad position and i coulve taken a round through the hand if there was a discharge:
This is where my arm/hand wouldve taken the hit.
Thought I would share..... Hand

Quote :
Second, once the attacker has been disarmed and the defender now has the gun, there was no re-racking of the slide to eject a possible spent casing - jammed- if the gun discharged during the disarm and did not automatically eject, or to chamber a round in case the attacker was posturing. It is, again, a big gamble to assume the gun was loaded and did not discharge during the disarm. Does your system address this?
Again you are correct and we DO cover these types of things of course. Cool It is VERY hard to see in the video considering its a choppy slomo but i DID do a SIMULATED re-rack while the left hand brought the weapon down and right hand came back up to position the weapon.....granted we use RUBBER style training pistols, so the re-rack is simulated and doesnt actually move Laughing Normally in a gun disarming technique, we always get off the X and then some sort of lethal strike, whether it be the throat or whatever you choose....this time i just wanted people to see a plain old gun disarm.
This pic shows where and when i did the simulated re-rack:
Thought I would share..... Chamber

Quote :
Knife threat defense:
The defender raises his hands up higher than the attackers blade. In a low light situation this can be construed by the attacker as a provocation and increase the likelihood of the attacker going from threatening to attacking. From an armed robbery training perspective, unless specifically instructed to do so by the robber, one should never raise their hands up high.

Again, the take down looks impressive. However, once the attacker has been taken down, the defenders neck is exposed – and dangerously vulnerable – due to the blade’s proximity. Tactically, that is a risk I would not take.
This scenario was preformed by myself as the attacker and the ONE student who was involved.....again, keep in mind this student has only been training with me for a couple months and we JUST started going over knife defense.....so i was actually QUITE impressed with his defense on the matter.......i will agree with you that the hands were definitely up too high, and he does this while training as well.....we have been working to keep the hands above the attackers positioning but not too high......the end of the technique when you refer to his neck being too exposed i can see what you mean....but the fact that I was the attacker and i was the one thrown down and tied up....there was no moving that arm or wrist....he had me torqued and i HONESTLY couldnt move that arm without causing myself some pain.

Whew, that was a speech :wink: Again I want to thank everyone for viewing the video and for the detailed criticism as it only helps......i appreciate it all.....we will be doing another few scenarios soon so I will make sure that these are all done with more detail provided. Cool
Back to top Go down
daringdoer

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:55 am

Hey Rich, long time no contact..Had a bit of some trouble with the chick confidence thing and came bit of a youtube addict Crying or Very sad

CQCYNY,what's up
RE ur first scene, who was the perp and who was the defender.??..Remember that even ur crappiest bar, have CCTV and remember witnesses. Where was the fence, the verbal descalation?

If I was a first responder, I would arrested the both u since u looked like it was mutual fight, not self defence..Also, the bathroom scene, I wish real world perps attacked with some non ballistic energy...Couldn't see the lowlight stuff.Re: ur countergun/counterknife VictorS and BigRob worded it spot on!

Great first vid though, tis a learning process
W
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share.....   Thought I would share..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought I would share.....
Page 1 of 1