Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

most commonly used streetfight techniques

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
camerons-username

most commonly used streetfight techniques Empty
PostSubject: most commonly used streetfight techniques   most commonly used streetfight techniques EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:16 pm

what are the most commonly used streetfighting techniques and the best ways to counter/defend against them ?

Last edited by camerons-username on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: most commonly used streetfight techniques   most commonly used streetfight techniques EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Don't get in a head lock. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Dominance

PostSubject: Re: most commonly used streetfight techniques   most commonly used streetfight techniques EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 4:00 am

The most common attacks from my experience seeing and being in fights..

Haymakers - right more common..

Headlocks..

Tackles..

Grabs - around the neck/throat and trying to slam or pin you into a wall..

If your on the ground they will try to stomp you..

And swearing and attempts to intimidate and make you shut down, this is the most important thing to learn to deal with as it comes before anything else..

And I can't really explain how to defend these with text.. get a friend/TP and test out some stuff.. even better buy some good training DVDs and train from them..

-Ben
Back to top Go down
camerons-username

PostSubject: Re: most commonly used streetfight techniques   most commonly used streetfight techniques EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:46 pm

yeh thanks mate, iv got a few DVD's but i think im going to get some of richards, they look like the real deal
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: most commonly used streetfight techniques   most commonly used streetfight techniques EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 10:25 am

just thought Id add a couple

-shoving

-grabbing the clothes with one hand and yanking them whilst punching with the other... or kicking

- running over and punching the person in the back of the head till they go down, then kicking them all over the floor

specific examples of ways Ive been attacked (feel free to contribute gents from personal experience)

the ones that injured me the most:

- tonked with a head butt then in the temple hit with a glass

- grabbed round the neck whilst repeatedly right hooked- his mate was sort of holding me still too

- kicked in the back of the neck whilst trying to hold some big rugby player in guard (!)

- ear drum popped when some guy accidentally slapped it whilst getting head lock on me

- group attacks with beer bottles round the back of my noggin

- during a brawl some guy tried to kick me in jacobs with steelies on, I blocked it with me shin and it gouged a hole in it (!), not really a massive injury but bloody sore

all other injuries were from being overzealous and not very careful with my own attacks- Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
RCS

PostSubject: Re: most commonly used streetfight techniques   most commonly used streetfight techniques EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:08 pm

What I've noticed:

wild looping hooks, upright grappling, push to the face, sucker punch to the back of the head, kicks to groin

Best ways to defend:

Study the use of violence and criminal behavior. Prepare and train mentally and physically to avoid being attacked or, if need be, to damage the attacker to a point that he is not a threat anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most commonly used streetfight techniques   most commonly used streetfight techniques Empty

Back to top Go down

most commonly used streetfight techniques
Page 1 of 1