Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sciatic nerve therapy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

sciatic nerve therapy Empty
PostSubject: sciatic nerve therapy   sciatic nerve therapy EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:46 pm

i know all our bodies our different, but for anyone who cares:
daily jab-reverse punch routines into the pads--for power
daily front leg stretches

...jar the back enough and stretch out the annoying areas enough to gradually get range back.

if things keep moving as they are--maybe kicking in several months...

moral: for me, don't quit your stretches--if you come from a martial arts background...do them until you die
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Quillhook

Quillhook

PostSubject: Re: sciatic nerve therapy   sciatic nerve therapy EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:22 am

If that's working for you then that's great but I'm surprised to see the phrase 'jar the back' and 'therapy' used in conjunction! I don't know if you're talking about the acute phase or managing a chronic problem you've had for years. If its the first, I'd have thought you'd be better off keeping up with low impact exercise and stretches whilst the pain resolves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninjutsu.org.uk
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: sciatic nerve therapy   sciatic nerve therapy EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 5:24 pm

i hear ya. my pain lasts all day, and i can find a position to lie in at night, but this has a bad effect (lying still for so long) when i get up in the
morning. there are times when putting on shoes just isn't going to work (pre-tied in knots, loosely slipped on). i have to get on my knees at
times to pick something up, but moving in this position is excrutiating. the small of my back reflects years of weightlifting, stubborn to the point of innocent stupidity (sort of) has worked for me.
i've set a dislocated shoulder, set a broken finger, a broken hand, re-aligned (probably impacted by now) a wisdom tooth. all this because i hate
caving when it gets in the way of what i want to do/achieve. i also have lived long enough to see my grandmother indirectly die early at the hands
of her doctor, my mother die of cancer because her doctor was calling it the flu until it was far too progressed (i actually bullied this doctor into
get her into the emergency room--admitted/referred). so, take my advice with a grain of salt, it may only work for me. but i've been self medicating
and self mending far more than i've been willing to put myself into the hands of others.

i'm going out shortly to work out, it's another good day in a series of good days--which lately means a rocky morning followed by stretches that
are slowly gaining avenues into quicker comfort zones--which i then exploit on the pads (which i try and punch like i'm beating someone to death).
i don't want gentle muscle memory forming. i really need to know what i still have in my corner. i then come back and stretch again. and (this may
not be all that bright) fix myself a really stiff pot of real tea--packed with enough leaves to fill eight cups.

lately where i'm at is a place where i truly think i can handle a fight if i pursue it like a dirty boxer--elbows, headbutts, sticking to someone until
they're out for the count (or i am). the next day would really really suck (ha ha) if i managed this. any falls to the ground would be bad for me.
my left leg can still manage a serious low strike--but i don't work this out for now because i think i would undermine the progress i'm getting with
my punches. being able to fast-twitch/explode with my punches is all i can do for now--because the muscle spasm this induces is just about as
much as i can take (the shock wave it sends through my whole body).

i was in a whole lot of pain for a long time, now i'm in less. i hope to be back to a hard striker--legs and arms soon. i can't weight train any more,
i can't 'over-train' in the pool anymore (too much pressure on the small of my back). but i think i can strike, perhaps better than before in time,
because it's all i have left and i don't intend to do this in a token fashion.

that's where i'm coming from with the above training.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Lee

PostSubject: Re: sciatic nerve therapy   sciatic nerve therapy EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Russell,

I had (indeed if not dealt with daily STILL have) a problem with my lower back. It 'felt' constantly like it needed flexing forward i.e. to touch my toes to relieve it. Turns out though that the way to help it was to do a lot of back extentions, I had very limited if any movement back in the lower back region. An x-ray showed hardly any disk at all between L1 and S5, lack of leverage made it hard to lean back. I started lying on my belly and pushing back with my hands 10 times a day eventually I gained movement. Also if you do a lot of crunches and Ab work in general make sure you stretch the hip-flexors (if over-tight they alone will pull your back clean out).

Just rang a bell with you mentioning problems swimming. I couldn't do 'breast-stroke' movement at all. I messed around with my own stretches not realising that I was worsening it in the long run.

This book is a must, try and give it a read from your library...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcome-Neck-Back-Pain-Laughlin/dp/0684852527/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227371506&sr=1-3

Lee.

P.S. I trust doctors no more than you, however use one to see a physio and to get an x-ray then go it alone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sciatic nerve therapy   sciatic nerve therapy Empty

Back to top Go down

sciatic nerve therapy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Physical Training-
Jump to: