Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

any advice on switching on agression

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
camerons-username

any advice on switching on agression Empty
PostSubject: any advice on switching on agression   any advice on switching on agression EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:52 pm

From my expirience most fights start over absolutely nothing, usually over a 'dirty look', well at my age and location anyway.
the trouble is in a confrontation i find it hard to appear really angry over something like a dirty look, my heart just isnt in the arguement, if it was something like he shot my mom and shit on my grandmother, then real aggressive emotion would be blatent to see for all lol, once the fight starts it still takes me a while to really get angry and from that get the extra power and determination if im making sense.

its easy to say just think of something that will get you angry but if im in the middle of a confrontation tahts about to get violent im way too busy focusing on my potential opponant, any way any answers to probably a daft question lol!
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: any advice on switching on agression   any advice on switching on agression EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
camerons-username

PostSubject: cheers   any advice on switching on agression EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 3:17 pm

thanks for that mate, i appriciate it lol!,i seem to in lack of a better word 'perform' more effectivley if i am calm but i still feel that a person who appears more agressive and angry has a pshychological advantage over his opponant...fear, well if i saw some big guy going red in the face wanting to kill me i would just think "oh fuck", and that will have a direct effect on my ability to defend myself, not saying i wouldnt, just saying it would deffinatly make me think maybe a little too much about what he can do to me if he gets the upperhand
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: any advice on switching on agression   any advice on switching on agression EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:32 pm

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dominance

PostSubject: Re: any advice on switching on agression   any advice on switching on agression EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:42 am

As Sergei mentioned.. the point isn't getting angry and red in the face.. as you are talking about. Its more about controlled aggression and giving the vibe that if they cross the line you are going to rip their head off.. instead of overt angryness and losing control..

I like to say that in my line of work (bouncing) that most people use aggression and anger because they have lost it, but I use it as a tool and can control it to a certain extent..

I find it funny when somebody starts throwing furniture or kicking the fence or something.. and everyone is intimidated.. any idiot can get real angry and kick a fence.. whats intimidating about it?.. They also probably hurt their foot from it Laughing

Power and determination are parts.. but it doesn't come from anger.. it comes from actually developing your power and determination in training and also using psychological tools which Richie has some great cd's on..

-Ben
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: any advice on switching on agression   any advice on switching on agression EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:56 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: any advice on switching on agression   any advice on switching on agression EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi Cameron

if you want to get my persepctive on "switching on" then have a read of this article http://www.streetfightsecrets.com/29.html

Sergei you have some good Russian street fight clips mate- nice muay thai takedown there too at 00.28
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any advice on switching on agression   any advice on switching on agression Empty

Back to top Go down

any advice on switching on agression
Page 1 of 1