Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone doing FMA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ronin

Anyone doing FMA Empty
PostSubject: Anyone doing FMA   Anyone doing FMA EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:29 pm

What do you think about Silat and the empty hand system from Filipines. I been doing Doce Pares for 5 years and find it useful but I never used it a real situation.
I think I heard Bob Spour say he will make a dvd about Silat in the clinch dvd.
Back to top Go down
AdamM

Anyone doing FMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone doing FMA   Anyone doing FMA EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:42 pm

I first started in Escrima 14 years ago. I still wave a stick about from time to time, but I'm far from expert.

It did have a good effect on my stance though. I've got a that even diagonal stance you see Kali practitioners use and the live hand to the chest is a ground in reaction.

Isn't Silat Indonesian rather than philippine? Obviously there are many similarities but some differences too.
Either way, beautiful martial arts to watch.
Back to top Go down
antonyh

Anyone doing FMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone doing FMA   Anyone doing FMA EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 4:30 pm

ronan, in reply to your post. I currently train in Paul vunaks P.F.S, and i have to say a lot of the techniques come from the FMA.
I have trained with Danny Gubba and one of his highest graded instructors and i have to say the FMA have totally changed my body mechanics and the way i would aproach a fight.
The weapon side and open hand are very similar except you use your hand as the weapon.
Who is your Doce Pares instructor?
Back to top Go down
ronin

Anyone doing FMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone doing FMA   Anyone doing FMA EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Yes Silat is Indonesia and Malaysia but I think its similar to the Fma empty hand.
Danny"Danielo Huertas" is my isntructor he been many times to the Doce pares HQ in Cebu and training regulary with many masters in the Philipines.
I would like to try the PFS seen some of his dvds. Are you doing the wekaf stickfighting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone doing FMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone doing FMA   Anyone doing FMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone doing FMA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: