Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Visualization

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BodhiKoyote

BodhiKoyote

Visualization Empty
PostSubject: Visualization   Visualization EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:01 am

i just bought and listened to the psychology of violence cd set and i am having trouble with the visualization. i am having trouble getting into it to the point of vivid feelings and the twitching, i keep wanting to visualize in 3rd person and for some reasons i just can't think of the next strike to visualize. i have plenty of physical training yet i guess i am just not making it vivid and realistic enough for myself. it seems my imagination is a little rusty. would doing the actual physical movements while i visualize possibly be better? i know Richard also said not to do this but if i was to just walk thru the mall or down the street and visualize being in combat with passer-bys would that be unhealthy? does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Visualization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visualization   Visualization EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:32 am

Quote :
t seems my imagination is a little rusty. would doing the actual physical movements while i visualize possibly be better?

thats exactly it mate, weak imagination muscles, very normal give it time... yes standing up and acting it out will help- will give your imagination something to hang its hat on...(?)... stick to something very specific like just a right handed punch to the jaw for example and JUST get used to conceptualising that in the FIRST person (very important, one piece of strategy that isnt really optional)

you might want to use the word "conceptualise" rather than "visualise"--- just get a "sense" of the movement, that will do for now

Quote :
i know Richard also said not to do this but if i was to just walk thru the mall or down the street and visualize being in combat with passer-bys would that be unhealthy?

this is an appropriate thing to do at a later stage but wont help you with the weak imagination problem- for now just work one simple movement onto a punch bag or slowly into the wall
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com

Visualization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visualization   Visualization EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:38 pm

I had a similar deficit of imagination. Looking back, I think it was just my natural disinclination to be in a violent encounter, even a purely imaginary one. In any case, here’s how I worked it out. I fly regularly on business and, as we all know, for 90% of the every flight there’s a steady stream of guys lumbering up the aisle to the WC. At some point, I began selecting “adversaries” and building up visualizations around them. I found it much easier to develop detailed and vivid scenarios based on real strangers than the faceless assailants I’d been imagining. A long look at a real person, just two or three seconds’ worth, makes it much simpler to conceptualize the kind of language and intimidating behavior that person might use, the tactics he might try and, of course, the effects and shock of your blitzing pre-emptive strike or counterattack. A terrific adjunct to visualization is R. Grannon’s new Solo Drills DVD. I use his practice techniques morning and night, especially when I’m on the road. From fighting trim and mindset to cardio fitness, there are many benefits to be had.

--Dave
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Visualization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visualization   Visualization EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks very much mr 4444 Very Happy

solo drills 2 is out 2moro and it goes deeper into the connection between the psychology of violence visualisations and the drill, plus introduction to adding a multiples link without going "ninja in the middle" AND a further look into combining the street kata with combative strength and fitness drills

happy days I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

Visualization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visualization   Visualization Empty

Back to top Go down

Visualization
Page 1 of 1