Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aggressor pushes it too far

Go down 
+2
AdamM
Sergei
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergei

Sergei

Aggressor pushes it too far Empty
PostSubject: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:50 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:45 am

Skater should have had his fence u p WAY earlier though.

If the guy in the cap had anything about him he'd have got a shot off. turned out ok for the skater though.
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:03 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:41 am

For me that's the perfect example of the psychological effects of violence.

The back turning, the attempts to leave the situation while maintaining self image, the aggressor who hasn't got a fully formed game-plan past the point of being an aggressive pillock.

If you look at the skaters actions, even though they are successful his movements are those which signify "go away.... leave me alone..." swatting motions as if batting the aggression away. They aren't switched on, aggressive forward drive types of actions.

Neither one had much of an idea about violence but the outcome is pretty generic. The one that generates the first injury usually wins and when ignorance is mutual confidence is king.

That said... the outcome is all that matters really and alls well that ends well.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:19 pm

did I see a backfist ko at 0.58??
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 pm

back hammerfist I think Richie.

unorthodox that's for sure. Cool
Back to top Go down
ncw

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:50 am

Looked liked like a hammerfist to me as well. Unorthodox but very effective. A favorite of mine.

A couple of things are of interest from a technical point:

1) Never FULLY turn your back on your opponent unless you intend to leave.

When the aggressor ( agg ) turned his back and started to walk away the skater (sk) had the opportunity to draw a weapon. Whatever it was, the agg was fortunate it wasn't an edged weapon. Even when the agg turned and approached the sk again, the sk was moving his weapon to his other hand almost in the agg's face. The agg not seeing or paying attention to what the sk had in his hand could very well be a result of the adrenal dump.

When adrenaline is dumped, one of the body's reaction is a narrowing of vision ie "tunnel vision", one good reason when trainig is to train to always scan your opponent and your surrondings, your body is going to be trying otherwise.

2) Although, I'm sure it wasn't intentional, the sk appearing "soft" , then striking swiftly and violently is a good tactic. In certain circumstances, rather than appearing "hard", cowering slightly, turning SLIGHTLY AWAY WHILE REMAINING AWARE of your opponents postion can bring his "guard" down even for a second, that may be all you need.

Adam, good clip, keep em comin. To me these are excellent learning tools
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:39 am

serdei's clip, not mine, but I agree, this sort of clip is a good learning tool.
Back to top Go down
ncw

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:52 pm

AdamM wrote:
serdei's clip, not mine, but I agree, this sort of clip is a good learning tool.

My apologies to Sergei.
Back to top Go down
RCS

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:28 pm

It was satisfying to see the one doing the bullying get dropped by the kid that didn't really want to fight.
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 pm

now I watch it again, definitely loading up with a knuckleduster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aggressor pushes it too far   Aggressor pushes it too far Empty

Back to top Go down

Aggressor pushes it too far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: