Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me Empty
PostSubject: humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me   humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:48 pm

Quote :
Just wanted to say thanks for your professional informative dvd's. I am 56 , a former mortgage lender and now security guard at a local college for working adults.Thankfully, the school is a quiet place for me. The local bars do have sometimes drunken fools. The homeless people are sometimes edgy and hard to read.

Ten years ago, whilst on a date a guy jumps out from behind a palm tree 15 ft away approx (Phoenix,AZ) and fires between me and my new dates faces. I figured once he got my cash he will shoot us both. So, I ran across the street to draw fire to me and away from her. He shot me 4 times with a 22 and I said I am not stopping. The 4the bullet went down my femoral artery and droppped me like a bag of cement.I gave him my wallet from the ground on my back and tried to grab the pistol but he shot me a 5th time and it went straight across mt pubic hair line. As he ran to his get away car I sat up and threw a handful of blood and gravel at him and yelled go to hell bastard.Luckily, an MD was having dinner and came out and shove his fists into both femoral arteries as they both had been perforated. I lost 70% of my blood and was revived 3 times. The shots made me feel hot,thirtsy and then cold.They burned and hurt tho parts of me felt numb.They never caught the fuck head.I still have 30 % short term memory loss. I didn't give up on me in physical rehab.I would do as told until sweat dropped off my chin and I saw big black dots and then would collapse into the wheel chair.

Now 10 years later of which 2 years were on crutches and 7 operations later,I can bike 11 miles in an hour. do the elliptical trainer for an hour and curl 35lbs.I wear a plastic cast on my foot as it is at a right angle and has nerve damage. My philosophy was I was only a victim for 20 seconds. After that it was my choice to be a victim or a dogged sometimes joking victor. Progress to me then was 1 more foot on a walker at a time. I do tend to be a loner socially as both women dropped my ass almost instantly.The surgeon thought he might have to cut my leg off at the knee,it was withered and muscle was removed in my calf. The shooting made me feel seperate somehow. I avoid some bars too much visual stimulus.

I plan on using my self hypnosis tapes from Potential Unlimited to down load your techniques into my subconcious and continue my emotional and physical rebuilding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
k9nfm

PostSubject: Re: humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me   humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Superb story! I wish him all the best. "Let us be judged not by how we fall, but how we rise after falling".
Back to top Go down
milan

PostSubject: Re: humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me   humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:25 am

Many respects to that man....there's a realy good lesson to learn from his story; Something similar happenned to me couple of years ago but I managed to get out....not because I was skilled, just beacuse I had more chance. Now everytime when I read or listen the stories like this, it makes my thoughts working fast. A lot of changed since my "adventure", I've trained well and become a pretty hard target but I cannot forgot that day.
take care;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me   humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me Empty

Back to top Go down

humbling/ inspiriational survivor story emailed to me
Page 1 of 1