Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

nice little ko

Go down 
+7
Vic C
asfi
slipknot
Ben
Richard Grannon
AdamM
cal8116
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cal8116

cal8116

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:30 am

Fairly short vid (not office/work suitable site) its not so much brutal as the title surgests, i cant decide if its an elbow or a weird punch, if its an elbow its pretty damn fast. sorry ive not posted in a while been busy with college.

http://www.machovideo.com/video/Brutal_Russian_KO_9528/
Back to top Go down
AdamM

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:12 pm

just looks like a beauty of a short right hook to me.
fence - passive - looking away - bang - out cold - no chippie river dance on his head.
about perfect really
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:28 pm

agree Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9rCOpTPRlU

uploaded it and annotated it

Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:52 pm

ok you only get the notes if you click through to utube
Back to top Go down
Ben

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Thock!

The experienced guy handled this so well, when first watching it I thought he was the scare type, from all his moving around. A good trick I think when you want the element of surprise, lure them into a false sense of security. The other guys posture made me laugh.

Wonder who started the fight, bad posture guy I'm betting.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 8:44 am

Quote :
About your newest Youtube vid, the one with the guy using a right hook and holding the other guy's waist.

Supporting the other person's body is a main principle in Indonesian arts. Holding the back of the head when elbowing, for example. I'm sure you knew that, but you said you've never seen it before. Probably you meant in a streetfight.

The principle is called gunting (scissor) in Kali, and extends to a lot more than just punching the bicep, like most people think. What the guy in the video did would be gunting, but if he held the back of the head, exactly behind what he was hitting, it would be called something else, but I can't remember what the hell it's called right now. You would still be safe in calling it gunting, though. Only a few dweebs would pick on that one.

Anyway, that's why you see karate katas where they hit their own hand. Yeah, if done properly it's also for conditioning, but it's a forgotten principle that few people understand because they are all McDojoed into the land of the martial brain dead. Sorry for over-explaining all of this, but I just thought I would toss that out there....
Back to top Go down
slipknot

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 9:15 am

the guy in the green t shirt is an example of what 99% of people do pre fight. i have never understood this myself.

mmmm it might go off here i know i will put my hands by my side and hang my chin out!!

good dig tho.
Back to top Go down
asfi

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
Quote :
About your newest Youtube vid, the one with the guy using a right hook and holding the other guy's waist.

Supporting the other person's body is a main principle in Indonesian arts. Holding the back of the head when elbowing, for example. I'm sure you knew that, but you said you've never seen it before. Probably you meant in a streetfight.

The principle is called gunting (scissor) in Kali, and extends to a lot more than just punching the bicep, like most people think. What the guy in the video did would be gunting, but if he held the back of the head, exactly behind what he was hitting, it would be called something else, but I can't remember what the hell it's called right now. You would still be safe in calling it gunting, though. Only a few dweebs would pick on that one.

Anyway, that's why you see karate katas where they hit their own hand. Yeah, if done properly it's also for conditioning, but it's a forgotten principle that few people understand because they are all McDojoed into the land of the martial brain dead. Sorry for over-explaining all of this, but I just thought I would toss that out there....

note: "Gunting" is pronounced GOON-TEENG.

And, true, this is a basic silat application. It doubles the force of the attack. Pulling a guy into a full-on punch is one sure way to knock a guy out cold.

Kind of like running into a wall, but the wall is coming at you.

Sucks to be that guy.
Back to top Go down
Vic C

Vic C

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 10:50 pm

The guy in the green has no idea about the pre-fight ritual. I would say he leaned a hard lesson.
Back to top Go down
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 1:02 am

asfi wrote:

note: "Gunting" is pronounced GOON-TEENG.

And, true, this is a basic silat application. It doubles the force of the attack. Pulling a guy into a full-on punch is one sure way to knock a guy out cold.

Kind of like running into a wall, but the wall is coming at you.

Sucks to be that guy.

Personally, I don't think it always doubles the force of the attack, but I smell what your cooking here, and don't want to argue semantics. It is a very effective tactic, when it can be pulled off. Grabbing and pulling a guy by the front of his belt and giving him a shot to the chin is a good example of this principle. (I am not disagreeing with you, asfi...)

Headlock punches are quite common in streetfights, but lack good power behind them, due to the body mechanics. What they do have going for them is the receiving person's head being held relatively still. It still qualifies as a gunting in my book.

Carl Cestari taught a palm heel strike to the chin while slapping and grabbing the meat of the lower back. Same thing, and it works well. Hitting someone with their head on the ground or against a wall will always give better results.

It's a damned useful principle when you can use it.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:27 pm

i was taught in a few brief silat lessons with Chris Parker

slap to back of neck and headbutt... trap arm and punch/cut (depdning on knife or not) bicep... slap head one side on the ear and elbow the other side...one to the shoulder but i cant remember what it was

sorry i cant be any more argumentative than that carl sagan... um... if holding thewaist stabilises them for the shot so they cant slide away that will increase the EFFECT rather than the actual force of the shot... thats about as much argument as i can raise

sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf333

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 4:32 pm

That was an artistic statement, that right hook. I bet that wasn't part of the green shirt guys plan.
Back to top Go down
RichardB

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Lonewolf333 wrote:
I bet that wasn't part of the green shirt guys plan.

Of course it was, can't you see he is a master of the face to fist style? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
i was taught in a few brief silat lessons with Chris Parker

slap to back of neck and headbutt... trap arm and punch/cut (depdning on knife or not) bicep... slap head one side on the ear and elbow the other side...one to the shoulder but i cant remember what it was

sorry i cant be any more argumentative than that carl sagan... um... if holding thewaist stabilises them for the shot so they cant slide away that will increase the EFFECT rather than the actual force of the shot... thats about as much argument as i can raise

sorry Razz

Yes, it does increase the effect of the shot, and not the actual force of the shot. I must have been typing drunk again and missed something. (It happens, much to my chagrin.)

UFC 1 or 2 (been so long I forget) has a Jujitsu guy elbowing a Thai Boxer (Orlando Weit?) on the ground. Watch that fight, it's another good example of getting the most bang for your buck, and while not exactly what we are discussing, should give some good examples of using the environment to your advantage, i.e. brick wall.

Doom Monkey just told me some shit that I gotta go check out. I'll check back later.
Peace.
Back to top Go down
AdamM

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:23 am

Remco Pardoel, UFC2
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 11:19 am

orlando weit = Sleep

back in the day when there were no weight divisions, total mismatch fight, but yeah a good example of getting a ko against a surface
Back to top Go down
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 2:48 am

Richard Grannon wrote:
orlando weit = Sleep

back in the day when there were no weight divisions, total mismatch fight, but yeah a good example of getting a ko against a surface

There are no matched fights in the street.

Yes, it was back in the day when the UFC was worth watching. When large men climbed upon smaller men and they heaved and strained in the mounted position with the other man's sweaty legs wrapped around him until the larger man was erotically asphyxiated for the pleasure of the crowd. When men in tights grappled until the seats of their singlets were soiled with a poo map of Michigan (props to Donny Baker) and the referee wasn't quite sure when to end the bout.

"Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?"
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:28 pm

"do you like gladiator movies?"
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:19 pm

"what's your vector, Victor?"
Back to top Go down
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:32 pm

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."

Last edited by Carl Sagan on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 pm

"Shit man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?"
Back to top Go down
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:53 pm

"Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

nice little ko Empty
PostSubject: Re: nice little ko   nice little ko Empty

Back to top Go down

nice little ko
Page 1 of 1