Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...

Go down 
+125
OldChris
simmo2010
stoner1980
Selron
cozz25
Official Hypocrite
harryg
Sharingan Ranger
Karunamama
robbie
Chris
UncloudedFall
ARodomus
Blakops
Mike2010
soahc
zen3131
technics1210
nironi7
DSProtection
Bloodhound
Sharky1969
Zealot
Sharif H
Slag34
chulodog
LIVERLAD193
leoniekaya
lachat
Kai Kuehn
ivansiladji
BertB
Babu
darktim99
Lustâhn
McBane
D.M.B.
Higgy
dellboy7500
myga1123
DemonFace
tangle
James
Dave Faulkner
maija
empty cup
markh
kasumi
Shadow Sniper
mrmuaythai
roadkill
Sen
Constantine
joshua1905
ttruscott
Trench
Traceur
Louise
p.j
Jim
Adrian
SeanW
BXC8
Richard.Summers
chulodogo
AR7142
Terry E
JimmyV
bigade
cocktail
placibo
shield
zombie_bane
rct
thomaski
Lonewolf333
Quillhook
AndyF
k9nfm
ArmyJay
melvinferd
asfi
FABIEN
T.K.
Baldvin
Vic C
bobspour
MrDan
JS
Christophe
Southpaw
Serge
AKelly
thugsage
81silverado
Craig
geordie jim
Pete
VictorS
stuartm
Danish Tom
camerons-username
Matt
ronin
paulb
antonyh
Sergei
RichardB
Carl Sagan
ron
RCS
Eric Forsythe
Quietman
monkeyboy
hotdoggy1979
Ste
Kieron
Dominance
ncw
hk47
Ben
AdamM
Loki
Richard Grannon
pikeking
129 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
zombie_bane

zombie_bane

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:57 am

Hello, my name is Byron and I'm from Maryland. I came to this forum after watching all of the streetfightsecrets vids on youtube. I'm 21 and while I've had only minimal training in any form of martial arts I was impressed with how relatable Richard's vlogs and clips are and I plan to get the DVDs soon. I also enjoy the NLP approach to confrontation that is demonstrated, though it is a new concept for me.
Back to top Go down
shield

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi I'm from Birmingham England. I started off practicing traditional martial arts and soon found out that it all goes to pot in the street and they are generally not that effective. So then I started boxing which was much more effective but still very limited when it comes to street fighting. Even MMA has limitations in streetfights. For this reason I'm looking more into specific self-defense training which teaches you about the things that aren't covered in regular fighting classes but which are crucial in streetfights i.e. being street smart and knowing how to deal and react to a real conflict situation.
Back to top Go down
placibo

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 3:56 am

hi my names john from sunny stoke-on-trent and i am 55,i trained in wing chun and then jkd under dave carnell,i did work shops with cass magda,larry hartsell and most of the jkd kaly silat people,i was great at the drills but i really sucked at the sparing,i got involved with the mental side through anthony robbins then took a prac and master practitioners course in nlp and hypnosis with a local therapist/trainer,as i got more into the nlp training and helping people the less important the martial training became but i am back and ready to start again.

john affraid
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 5:10 am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan. I am a CQC, Combatives Instructor for www.LMIinc.com and a Defensive Knife instructor for NoLie Blades www.nolieblades.com. I also run www.CQCNY.com. I really enjoy combatives and love to help others better themselves and protect themselves. It's great that Rich got the forum up and running cuz this will be a great place to share great info. I hope to make many new friends, help others and learn some also :-) See ya on the forums!
Back to top Go down
bigade

bigade

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi all,

my names Ade and I'm from Essex, UK.

I have been into martial arts on and off since early 70's. I have trained Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Ninjutsu, Wing Chun, JKD, Escrima for varying periods (some only a short period).

I don't belong to any organisations or clubs at present an I work till 10pm.

I am busy trying to loose a few pounds, as with old age (?) easy to put on harder to get off.
I will put my present routine here, then see what comments I get:

I have my own small shed/gym.
Each circuit exercise is for 20 reps (both sides if reqd) total of 3 circuits.

Leg ext
medicine ball squats
Machine bench press
palm strikes to bag (fast)
Bent over d/b rows
weighted punches
d/b shoulder press
b/b curl
hammer curl
triceps pushdowns
pushups
knee raises.

After 3 circuits I go onto other striking traing etc.

Any comments? I have left out one aditional detail along with my age. I will disclose that later if there are any comments

Ade
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:42 pm

looks like a good fat loss routine to me Ade

welcome to the forum!

you might get a better response if you repost that in the physical training forum

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
bigade

bigade

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks Rich, I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
JimmyV

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is James, I am 29 and from Brighton. I have recently had my interest in self-defence renewed after being involved in continual confrontations relating to alcohol sales (refusing kids and drunks).

A few weeks ago, I bought a "Close Combat Training" course from the states which I am thoroughly enjoying. And today I just purchased the SAS fight secrets (featuring Bob spour) 3 DVD set from ebay which looks pretty full on.

I used to do Karate and attended a boxing class for a year or so, but have always looked for what really worked (as the Karate I learned didn't hold water).

So, this is me. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and learn more and hopefully give something back one day.

Cheers for now.

James
Back to top Go down
Terry E

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 am

ive known Ritchie for yeats from trainin

unlike all the people on here I actually knew im before the DVDs and website
Back to top Go down
AR7142

AR7142

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:29 am

Terry E wrote:
ive known Ritchie for yeats from trainin

unlike all the people on here I actually knew im before the DVDs and website

I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
chulodogo

chulodogo

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Helloooo new member from Holland.. nice forum!
im an instructor myself in fighting.. i like all new things..
ive been in dutch royal marines for 3 years, and later to the normal land army as ambulance chauffeur. im 30 years old now, and busy with fighting, and fight training for 24 years now.
but it takes a while till you wake up from all the bullshit.
but luckely i trained wrestling and kickboxing from 12 years old, and this was allways usefull in fights on skool...
later i train freefight, and pencak silat. and eskrima, and combine all what i can find, in my streetfights from time to time..
there you filter your techniques.

nice Richie, you save all the affort for beginning martial artists.!!

grts!!! Very Happy

Last edited by chulodogo on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard.Summers

Richard.Summers

PostSubject: Hello.   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:20 pm

My name is Richard Summers and I work as a Hotel Security Officer in London.
Currently live in Herefordshire and teach the occasional self defence seminar, and have just completed my first book for UK security officers.

I hope to contribute some worthwhile information / knowledge to other members.

Chat soon.
Back to top Go down
http://uksecuritypros.forumotion.co.uk/index.htm
AR7142

AR7142

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Never really introduced myself and I wouldn't want to be impolite. Not much to tell about myself. Ex-Military, and I find Richie's and Bob's material interesting and down to earth as opposed to 95% of other RBSD instructors. As a civilian it's always good to make sure the mind and body don't get too rusty when it comes to aggressiveness training.
Back to top Go down
BXC8

BXC8

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:04 am

Gday Forum.
My name is Kev and I currently do some door work/security in Australia.(4 yrs now).Came across Richie's material I think over 2 years ago.(and still buying it).
Look forward to some interesting topics and will see ya on the forum.Cheers
Back to top Go down
SeanW

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 am

Hello,
My name is Sean and I'm interested in anything useful when it comes to training or martial arts and Rich's info certainly is that.

All the training I've done is in traditional martial arts (about ten years, even paying attention sometimes), so I'll be the one trying to stick up for it's usefulness! I've lived in China for a year and a half now and when work doesn't get in the way I like to practise Bajiquan and try and do zhan zhuang/qi gong every morning to wake up and get the juices flowing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wuming.co.uk
Adrian

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi,

My Name is Adrian, and was interested in martial arts after seeing a few good fight movies. I was disappointed however, when I found out that in Real Life, martial arts doesn't look like that and mostly, are not really made for streetfighting (like Kung-Fu etc.). That's how I discovered Jeet Kune do. I'm doing JKD since 1 Year now, it's not alot, but everyone has to start somewhere, right? Wink and I'm pretty happy with it, which is the main thing. Seems like I'm the only one until now here active which does JKD, so I feel honoured Very Happy

I stumbled upon Richie's site by chance over youtube, searching for some streetfighting Videos. I must say, your technics are a perfect addition to what I learn in JKD, so keep up the good work.

I'll try and be usefull and post information, experience and maybe even videos up on this board.

I look forwards to posting with all of you Smile
Cheers

Edit: Since I don't have Pie here, I eat Pizza instead tongue
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 11:37 pm

hi

for people too lazy to look to the left, my name is Jim.

I'm 27 and i am a bit of a nomad but at the moment i hang my hat in Lincolnshire.

i've been training since i was 6 in anything and everything i could, which often changed due to all the moving around i did.
cross trainer by circumstance i suppose, but later on by choice.

was signed up to the other forum but didn't visit very often due to tasking other pursuits more seriously (read obsessively) for a while.

i own to dvd sets, no doubt, no fear and the SAS fighting business with bob spour.

thanks for having me cheers
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:35 pm

where in Lincolnshire are you?

I run a club in Grantham and Richie is delivering a seminar for us in September. perhaps you'd like to attend?
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:45 pm

AdamM wrote:
where in Lincolnshire are you?

I run a club in Grantham and Richie is delivering a seminar for us in September. perhaps you'd like to attend?

Boston mate.

sounds good.
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:19 pm

going to finalise the date over the weekend and will be posting details early next week.

Aiming for Sat 13th September but that's unconfirmed.
Back to top Go down
p.j

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi guys,
my names pete and im 23
im from rochdale - greater manchester, but i did live in brikenhead from the age of 16 - 19. Must say that living there opened my eyes to violence, and also made me grow up fast as i had no family or anyone like that there.
At the moment i don't do any training but i am lookin for somewhere to go and learn. which is hard as rochdale doesn't really have anywhere to train. it's only got an amature boxing gym.
pete
Back to top Go down
Louise

Louise

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 1:27 am

Hey all!!!

Richie has been an absolute prince in dealing with the stupidity of US DVD players!!!

I live most of the time in the San Francisco Bay Area. The rest of the time I travel around the country with an insurance company adjusting claims.

As to my martial arts and street arts experience I started back up with my roommate who has two black belts, but doesn't teach much traditional martial arts unless it will work in the streets. Which works for me. I just want to know what will work if I run across a guy who is a jerk and needs to be put in his place! I don't think I am likely to have a guy get all "puffy" with me, and I am really no threat to him.

For fitness I currently do Crossfit (www.crossfit.com) in a 3 days on - 1 day off schedule. I am seeing some amazing results in my fitness as well in my street arts class with my roommate!

I have been a victim of sex crimes and I an older family friend who used to beat me up when we were kids, so my self confidence around taking care of myself isn't the best, but with Richie's DVD's, Derek's (my roommate) street arts class and the increased fitness I am feeling better about myself. But I really must get back to watching more or Richie's DVD's!

Richie, thanks again for all you do!!! You rock!!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 am

Hi Louise

Nice to have you here mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Traceur

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi

I am 35 so probably at the older end of people here (with the grey hair to show for it!)

Always been into martial arts but probably more arty than martial until quite recently. I've done bits and pieces and spent a few years doing Systema, even went to Moscow to train a couple of times. Like a lot of people here it seems, I eventually saw the Bob Spour SAS clip on youtube and thought that was more the kind of training I wanted to be doing - practical and straight to the point.

I bought the Bob Spour DVDs, found a Krav Maga club and started training there. I have just bought the Psychology of Violence DVD and CDs along with the Solo Drills DVD and am looking forward to receiving them.

My name here "Traceur" is a term for someone who does parkour/freerunning. I have no illusions about my physical/psychological readiness for violence at the moment so running, jumping and climbing from a kicking would be my default strategy.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Trench

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 am

Hi,
My name is Tim , im 38 and have been into martial arts on and off since childhood , kinda got fed up with it when i realized it wasnt yielding the returns i expected , so i started delving into military combatives , Ive dabbled in TFT, Systema,Haganah, Scars while each one is mighty impressive , none of them won me over like Bob's SAS discs , Hard, fast ,brutal ,effective and easy to commit to muscle memory..Richie, I love the Supra States cd's , i put them on my Mp3 player and listen to them at work ..Keep up the good work bringing us great products full of knowledge....
Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: