Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...

Go down 
+125
OldChris
simmo2010
stoner1980
Selron
cozz25
Official Hypocrite
harryg
Sharingan Ranger
Karunamama
robbie
Chris
UncloudedFall
ARodomus
Blakops
Mike2010
soahc
zen3131
technics1210
nironi7
DSProtection
Bloodhound
Sharky1969
Zealot
Sharif H
Slag34
chulodog
LIVERLAD193
leoniekaya
lachat
Kai Kuehn
ivansiladji
BertB
Babu
darktim99
Lustâhn
McBane
D.M.B.
Higgy
dellboy7500
myga1123
DemonFace
tangle
James
Dave Faulkner
maija
empty cup
markh
kasumi
Shadow Sniper
mrmuaythai
roadkill
Sen
Constantine
joshua1905
ttruscott
Trench
Traceur
Louise
p.j
Jim
Adrian
SeanW
BXC8
Richard.Summers
chulodogo
AR7142
Terry E
JimmyV
bigade
cocktail
placibo
shield
zombie_bane
rct
thomaski
Lonewolf333
Quillhook
AndyF
k9nfm
ArmyJay
melvinferd
asfi
FABIEN
T.K.
Baldvin
Vic C
bobspour
MrDan
JS
Christophe
Southpaw
Serge
AKelly
thugsage
81silverado
Craig
geordie jim
Pete
VictorS
stuartm
Danish Tom
camerons-username
Matt
ronin
paulb
antonyh
Sergei
RichardB
Carl Sagan
ron
RCS
Eric Forsythe
Quietman
monkeyboy
hotdoggy1979
Ste
Kieron
Dominance
ncw
hk47
Ben
AdamM
Loki
Richard Grannon
pikeking
129 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi, I'm Carl Sagan and I'm an alcoholic. (Wait, wrong forum...)

Maybe I should revert to my name from my old forum... I'll think about it.

I have been into martial arts in general since I was about 10 years old. I have no affiliation with any government agency and despise the monkey alphabet organizations that dance for their organ grinders. Hardcore into JKD and various styles like Kali and Silat and BJJ since I was 20, until I got divorced and had my heart, testicles and wallet wrenched from my body, leaving me a shell of a man with no purpose but to drink heavily and find out if what I knew really worked.

Some things did, and a lot more didn't.

I can be abusive when I drink, and you will probably know by my posts if I am drinking, or if I am extremely hyper, you will know that I am eating stimulants such as ephedrine or black market amphetamines. No harm intended in any case, so bear that in mind.

I am here to be a pain in the ass and give advice that you will probably not appreciate.
Having said that, I love you all. (in a non-homosexual way...but hey, you never know...)
Peace
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Hello. my name is Richard. 22 years of age. I'm from Norway, and I've done some Muay Thai, some "general fighting stuff" similar to Krav Maga, and even more general stuff. These days I don't adhere much to "styles" and the like, but rather just pick good stuff from wherever I stumble on it. A few years back I got so disillusioned with martial arts that I couldn't even say the term without getting an expression on my face as if I'd tasted raw sewage. Too many lies, too much silly posturing and too much ignorance going around. After that I decided to find my own approach based only on what I knew was true, and that seems to have been good so far. I'll probably grow just as fed up with the whole covert-persuasion scene as well if my spider-senses are correct. There's a lot of nonsense going around in those circles as well. BTW I like the streetfightsecrets focus on psychology as well as violence, because those two things seem to be my only consistent interests scince I sprouted a brain a few years ago. Not that I'm such a whiz at it though, I'm more of a nerd. But I try to be as un-nerdy about it as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 12:55 pm

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
antonyh

PostSubject: Introduction.   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi im Antony,

Im 29 Years old and from the West Midlands area.
I have been intrested and practised Martial arts and combat sports for a number of year, I currently train in Progressive Fighting System.
I also train in Kickboxing/Thai boxing and am really getting into Fillipeno Martial arts.
My main objective of my training is Self Protection.
I think i heard about Richards training DVD on another Website and since purchased the Cage to Street DVD, Which i have so say very good.

Thats all for now.

Cheers. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
paulb

paulb

PostSubject: Howdy   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Guys

I'm 40 this year and live in Glasgow , I have spent most of my life dabbling in many martial arts, fighting arts, street fighting methods. I'm a jack of all trades but a master of none. I've trained Judo, boxing, Shukokai Karate, Jun Fan, Wing Chun, Kali,Muay Thai, Hapkido, Systema etc etc blah blah blah to name but a few. I have found that most had something useful to offer, however regardless of the system I have found that I fight MY way, if you want to be all Bruce Lee about it ,I practice my own JKD geek . Along the way I've met probably 3 instructors whom were worthy of not only representing a system but of being known as truly dangerous people. The rest were , in the main,egotistical , surrounding themselves with fawning devotees to whom they sell stories and Tshirts. Anyway troops I'm not bitter Suspect, I am however too long in the tooth to suffer fawning sycophants Mad and their wet dreams Sleep that pop up on many other forums.

I have a few a Richies DVD'S and he's not getting them back lol! Bollocks , there all right I suppose, bit different from all the other stuff, nowt special really lol!

There are no jokes in psychology is that correct Richie Wink
Back to top Go down
ronin

PostSubject: New member   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi Im 35 from norway
Doing Muay thai and Eskrima,amok
I just seen the SAS dvd and I love it we will finish each workout with some of that stuff.
I hope one day there will be a seminar in Norway
Back to top Go down
paulb

paulb

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Howdy Ronin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:26 am

Hello Everyone,

My name is Matt, and I live near Miami, Florida. I'm 37 years old and work for the government.

I don't have any martial arts training at all. None. I have some limited hand to hand training from my 4 year enlistment in the Army but other than that, nothing. I study mostly simple military, police, and practical combat techniques. I prefer to keep it as simple as possible.

In fact, I haven't had a full out physical confrontation in years. I think that's largely due to my appearance (6ft2, and 290 lbs) and how I carry myself. I can turn on a "drill instructor" persona in a millisecond, and peel the paint off the wall with the volume of my voice. So, that ends a ton of conflicts before they even start.

I have served as security in bars, and worked the door at a few clubs, but I don't have any great tales to tell. A few grappling matches, and chucking some bums out the doors, but nothing like you guys have. I was lucky I guess..

I found Richie's site through You Tube when I was looking for SAS videos. I ran across a clip of him and Bob Spour ( who is the exact persona I have always become when I'm "switched on" even before i ever saw him on tape.. How odd is that? )and was absolutely, positively, Amazed!!

I followed the link to Richie's site and bought the entire SAS DVD package. I simply can't express how absolutely incredible the information and techniques on that set are! I have never seen such a simple, logical, and effective approach to both physical and most importantly, MENTAL combat. No Doubt, No Fear is one to watch over and over.. There is a lot of great food for the mind on these DVD's..

If I ever make it over to the UK Richard, The drinks for you and Bob are on me!
Back to top Go down
http://pushtin.blogspot.com/
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:07 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:47 am

forum is much friendlier than the first time it existed. Turned into a bit of a nutters sit down before.
Back to top Go down
camerons-username

PostSubject: ME   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:38 pm

hiya, im cameron

i live in sheffield, south yorkshire

im 17

i train 4 times a week (weight train and self defence), iv tried loads of martial arts such as karate, kickboxing, judo, but im ashamed to say i didnt have the patience for any of them, so iv ended up just training myself from a few DVD's and a few websites and just learnt from expirience really.

any way, cheers to richard for the vids, found them very interesting and helpfull

Last edited by camerons-username on Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danish Tom

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:42 pm

[quote="Matt"]In fact, I haven't had a full out physical confrontation in years. I think that's largely due to my appearance (6ft2, and 290 lbs) quote]

Hi Matt, I am Danish Tom. I have roughly the same size as you. I`ve been on a diet, so I´m amazingly slim now ( 270 lbs lol! ). Size does matter; you normally don`t have to prove yourself. On the other hand, if things get really nasty it can turn on us, as some people seem to think that our size is a valid excuse for using weapons against us.

I fully agree with what Richie wrote in another post, about not having trouble with big lads as a doorman. Most big blokes know their own worth, and if they make trouble, you will normally only risk getting a fistblow or two. I was always a lot more aware of agressive little cokeheads. Especially after Stanleys (boxcutters) became "trendy" streetwear in the mid 90`s.
Back to top Go down
stuartm

PostSubject: hi guys   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi stuart here im 30 from sussex

Not a martial artist at all , just very interested in the self protection stuff richie does . I have cycle of destruction and no doubt no fear dvds and found them very good. I work as airport security and also hold my sia cp licence and have just started to look in to being alot more active and staying away from take away pizzas ( which are the bain of my life as well as the stone extra in weight i hate carrying lol.
Any way i just thought id say hi and look forwrd to reading the threads on here .

Stuart
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Hello All,
Name is Victor from South Florida USA. Found Richie's site through an RBSD forum (don't remember which one) and was impressed. A little about me - I'm 41, served in United States Marine Corps from 1986-1990. I am a certified HaganaH F.I.G.H.T./Ground Survival/Israeli Tactical Knife instructor. I also dabble in Kickboxing and BJJ. My work is in private security and personal protection.

The NLP stuff has peaked my interest as I am always looking to expand my horizons and knowldge base to compliment my training.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Cheers,

Victor
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 4:56 am

Danish Tom,

God, we sound like twins!

I'm just a lazy bugger that quit smoking and packed on the pounds. I used to be Army fit. I really want to get back to that shape. But, I need to get my big arse in the gym!

I do agree about the size increasing the probability of weapons being used. But, I make it a practice to be "switched on" almost 100% of the time. (and that's not easy) I try to be ready to react as forcefully, swiftly, and angrily as possible.

I think Bob was spot on with his "commentary walking" instructions. It is a mindset you have to have. Awareness is the key, and the trigger for any needed explosive response on my part to eliminate a threat.
Back to top Go down
http://pushtin.blogspot.com/
Pete

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 6:09 am

Hi
im Pete and was just about to say im 30...but if i think about it im 35. I live in Hamburg, Germany and try to make a living from working as a selfemployed graphic designer/illustrator doing everything from childrens books to 3D animations. I dunno how but i stumbled over the vids on youtube and been watching on and on. So its about time to buy me a few DVDs in the very near future.
After i been lazy for ages i started with traditional taiji mei hua tang lang kung fu (great name isnt it?) about 3 years ago. Gotta confess i been too lazy there the last months too but gonna change that next week. I didnt start with it as a self protection thing but because i thought its a great way to get back some fitness, health, balance, flexibility and all that. After more than a year of learning the basics i started to go to sparring from time to time and it meanwhile is what i like best. Adrenalin became my favourite drug. The sanda training showed me my lack of stamina tho so my next goal is to quit smoking. I try to go to the gym once a week as im a skinny guy and would like to put a few muskles under that skin. Im also thinking of trying out a BJJ class if i find the time.
Anyhow...i been reading a bit on this forum b4 i signed up and gotta say i never seen a forum with such a low bullshitfactor yet so im happy to be part of it from now on.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi Pete

nice to have you heremate

have you got a link to any of your work? particularly interested in your 3 d animation...
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Pete

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Hey Richard
an honor to be welcomed by the chef of the board himself Smile Im sorry i have to say that it will take about 2 weeks before i can send you the link tho cause i just started to build a completely new website and after that i planned to put some pictures and one or two short sample animations together on a dvd for self promotion. You can be sure i send you the link as soon as im finished with it. And if you want one i send you a free dvd too but thats gonna take even longer as im pretty busy lately.
I dunno if its so very interesting for you tho as i mainly do scientific stuff...lot of medical and technical topics. No character animation yet.
Do you have anything in mind you´re interested in? Maybe i could put up a short sample if you got a request and aint in a hurry. These animation often are a very work intesive thing to do but if i find the time i wouldnt mind doing something as a sort of training for my skills and if its useful for you thats good. If not no problem.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:18 pm

Ive often thought the type of animation you see in fight science would be useful... as for illustration Im after someone to do the type of thing you see in the book " Aikido and the dynamic sphere"

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 Or_mae-ukemi

they are all done by oscar ratti, simple but nice... if you can do this kind or know of someone who can that would be cool
Cool
Back to top Go down
geordie jim

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi lads,

I'm Jim Armstrong and a Leo, I love ........................shit and stuff.

I have been training in the Martial arts for over 20 years now and my body is basically bolloxed. Which is nice.

I've done a bit of this and a bit of that, mainly Thai boxing and Eskrima. I now run a club in Melbourne, Australia and do the whole rbsd thingo while having a good laugh and making some great friends. I teach/train almost everyday because I still love it. When my body is too bolloxed I have nooooooooo idea what I'm gonna do. Maybe perfect my self abuse skill.................Mmmmmmmmmmmm sexy.

I've got/use a bit of everyones stuff (you name it and I've probablly got it, sad but true, I think I have a bit of a "need to collect problem") I've seen several of Richards and Bobs stuff and have a few of the NLP/combative c.ds. .Love em. I love all the mind set stuff as for me thats where it's at.

I will try to offer my point of view if I think I have something to write that's worth reading. If not then I shall read and digest.

Cheers, Jim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawcombatives.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:11 pm

welcome Jim!
Back to top Go down
Craig

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Well, as I put up a couple of replies to post's, I suppose its only fair that I do an intro.
I'm Craig, I'm 35, an Aussie who has married a Canadian girl and now resides there. I did security for a few years in Oz. Due to my size, 6 foot and 270 (even mix of muscle & fat), and the way I presented myself, only had a few minor altercations. For the most part, the old animal equation kept me safe - that being, if you look like you could cause them significant harm, most won't try it - the only exception to this was a little bloke full of booze, who, after being dragged away from me by his family, who were terrified I was about to cave his skull in, ran out onto the rode to try and stare down an oncoming semi-trailer. Lol, lucky thing for him the guy had good brakes!
Stumbled across WW II combatives on the net a little before I began security, and had my eyes opened to that which I had never considered, such as the physiological and psychological effects of adrenaline, simple gross motor skill strikes, indicators of impending attack and the like. Picked up some good info on the mental side, but my physical skills were seriously lacking. Had a very powerful palm heel (just like a dumbbell press, lol), but that was about it.
Fortunately, after moving to Canada, I hooked up with a trainer who teaches a lot of Senshido concepts. Throwing down with this bloke has taught me a hell of a lot. And left me far better prepared. By my own estimation, I reckon I am about 50% of the way to where I want to be in terms of skill & strength (well, on the last, you are never strong enough, guys who love to throw the iron around will know what I am talking about).

Last edited by Craig on Mon May 05, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:21 pm

Senshido is cool Cool
Back to top Go down
81silverado

81silverado

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:45 am

names trevor im a 17 year old from a small town in nebraska i have no martial arts experience to speak of i just try to gather self defense material wherever i can i just lift weights and hit a heavy bag regularly havent gotten my head kicked in yet and would really like to keep it that way
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 2:15 pm

hi i'm russell...originally from Surrey but now in D.C.(USA). i'm forty-two.
i started in judo, moved overseas and boxed and sparred with martial art
friends (late teens) for about 4years before venturing into tae kwon do and promptly getting a beating in the streets of oxford whilst visiting friends. that's where my training really began. trained in shotokan for a while, and after getting my black belt, started fashioning self defense for teens/women/etc...as a side job to where-ever i worked. saw Richard's stuff and new that was the direction i was headed. up until then it was low kicks and select punches to places count and bring advantage quickly. Richard's stuff allowed me a quicker learning curve for all the stuff i was investigating respectfully/slowly--to encorporate into my training/teaching.
-rus

p.s. now i'm a physical education teacher (to pay the rent) and teach defense (as a way to keep my training going during my busy schedule).
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: