Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
technics1210

technics1210

Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:46 am

During one of the verbal conflict cds Richard mentioned that if anyone's interested that he could produce a cd on micro expressions. Anyone else interested?
Back to top Go down
technics1210

technics1210

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:39 pm

Sorry, just realised i posted this in the wrong section, how can it be moved?
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Can't recall having heard of a micro expression cd but I for one would be interested in a cd on lie detection as was mentioned on the offensive psychology disc.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 2:31 am

Moved
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

micro expressions and lie detection tie in pretty well so i may cover both on one cd
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptyFri May 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Sounds good. As far as I've understood micro expressions you do not tend to see the actual micro expression but rather their attempt at perception management afterwards if they're trying to project an image of themselves that isn't in line with what is really going on inside. By the way. Body language is pretty interesting and has tons to do with communication in all it's forms, including confrontation. Have you thought about making something about body language in general?

The use of body language when you're doing the fence, reading theirs to see where they're at. BTW on Southnarc's PUC1 DVD he mentioned a few typical signs of violent intent such as the chicken pecking you've talked about on the POV cd's, looking around to see if anyone's looking, and raising their hand to their facial area as when they're lying. It also seems like something that could be highly relevant to the verbal confrontation area, not to mention sneaky NLP anchoring with body language and how "reading people" connects well with offensive psychology. It just seems like this is an area where there could be lot of common ground between all the other products on the site.

I.e., the body language characteristic of lying coming up when someone's trying to set you up for a sucker punch, tying those two things together. At the same time you might be in the fence, and there might be a verbal confrontation going on. I've read a lot about body language but it seems like a subject better presented in video format because of it's visual and dynamic nature. The only book I've read that truly does the subject justice in that regard is Manwatching by Desmond Morris.

It is just something that suddenly seemed apparent to me that I thought I'd mention. Food for thought if you will. In any case a cd on lie detection and micro expressions sounds very nice.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:55 am

RichardB

I thinka DVD would be much more effective than a cd

Quote :
As far as I've understood micro expressions you do not tend to see the actual micro expression but rather their attempt at perception management afterwards if they're trying to project an image of themselves that isn't in line with what is really going on inside.

thats interesting, where did you get that from?

my thing with micro expressions is to try and catch people at the right time when their unconscious is unmasked (before the personality, persona= greek for mask, slips back on and covers their true feelings)

that can occur in the split second after a pattern interrupt, shock, the very moment the person sets eyes on you or if you catch them in your peripheral vision/mirror when they think you arent looking or are so far in thier own trance state they dont care or arent aware you see them... unguarded moments and they are called micro because they are FLEETING, you have to train to catch them.

Also some muscular movements in the face cannot be consciously controlled without extensive training (malcom gladwell cites psychologists who painfully electroshocked certain tiny muscles in their faces to learn to activate them in his book blink)

this is less a study of micro expressions and more to do with... "unconscious facial expression" (a name I just made up so dont bother googling it!) but possibly just as important for SP
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:29 pm

I've been trying to find out where I picked up that stuff, but I don't have a clue. It was probably someone talking about lie detection, not just body language in general. Maybe David Lieberman, maybe Paul Ekman, or someone else...

It sounds like it's just a different solution to the issue though. Catching the mask slippping on as an indicator (because there would be no difference if they were presenting themselves honestly, right?). Then again it's just a loose meme I found floating by on my thoughtstream so I won't make too much of a claim of it.
Back to top Go down
JS

JS

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:32 am

Richarb it's a fascinating and useful field. Lieberman is a great authority on the subject although I think Kevin Hogan is much better in this field in terms of teaching/writing about it with the one exception by Lieberman of, You Can Read Anyone. I would be interested in any SFS product dealing with this. Any SFS recommendations I could purchase?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?   Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else interested in a micro expression cd?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Psychology-
Jump to: