Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any heavy bag training tips/routines?

Go down 
+3
pddung93
cozz25
simmo2010
7 posters
AuthorMessage
simmo2010

simmo2010

Any heavy bag training tips/routines? Empty
PostSubject: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:31 pm

Interested to see what you guys do weekly on the bag in terms of routines or training? I am always looking to change it around and introduce new stuff so any info much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
cozz25

cozz25

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:06 am

the only thing i do for heavy bag training is the one two combo (left and right straight punches) i usually aim for about 1000 punches for every workout in sets of 100 or 200 punches, you would be surprised how fast u can get those 1000 punches on that bag, it doesn't take long at all and its one hell of a good cardio workout, instead of confusing myself with various punches and combos i just do the one two combos over and over again, basically get it programmed into my mind and body so its second nature, let me tell you that this is the best training i have ever done for fighting, in any fight i have been in this is all i have used and it works every time! u don't have to use a heavy bag all the time, i usually switch from the heavy bag to speed bag and shadowboxing, i might throw the odd hook here and there but i mostly throw straight punches, here is my current routine i try to do every day

skipping for 10 minutes straight (warm up)
push ups- 5 sets of 20
sit ups- 5 sets of 20
alternate dumbbell curls- 50lb dumbbells for 2 sets of 15-20 reps
heavy bag or shadow boxing- 1000 punches (500 each hand)
jogging- 30-40 minutes

i try to do this workout all at once, it can be quite the workout but its well worth it!

heres a video of a street fight using the one two combo that i was talking about, works like a charm most of the time! imagine being able to punch 1000 reps in a row without stopping, u would be one deadly street fighter/boxer, if using violent intent and the right timing! wow

Back to top Go down
cozz25

cozz25

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:16 am

one thing i forgot to mention was when your doing the shadowboxing, run forward and backward while throwing the punches, this simulates running/chasing an opponent that's stepping backwards when getting hit or if sum one is running towards u and u have to move backwards while punching, just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
pddung93

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 am

skipping for 10 minutes straight (warm up)
push ups- 5 sets of 20
sit ups- 5 sets of 20
alternate dumbbell curls- 50lb dumbbells for 2 sets of 15-20 reps
heavy bag or shadow boxing- 1000 punches (500 each hand)
jogging- 30-40 minutes
_______________________-
hosted switch voip
computer repairs
Back to top Go down
Boxer_Jay

Boxer_Jay

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 am

Mainly just different combos tbh

E.Gs

Double Jab, straight right, left hook (followed by some sort of defensive manouver - duck/weave or slip to the left or right or take a few steps back or to the side) then maybe continuous left/right punches for about 20 seconds, then maybe move in close and do left/right uppercuts for 20 seconds and then just repeat the process until about 3 minutes has passed Smile

(I only say 3 minutes as that is the length of a Amatuer Boxing Bout) Smile

I also practice low roundhouse kicks and when punching i throw a few elbow strikes in aswell but since at the moment i am training for Boxing i do focus mostly on the hands. I aim to move onto other arts in the future though.
Back to top Go down
simmo2010

simmo2010

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:45 pm

cheers boys, 1000 punch with two punch combo sounds good, with the moving in and out, I normally just moving around the bag! Currently I simply do 1 min rounds of set combos and add some skipping in at start and end. Man the skipping is a killer!!!
Back to top Go down
Turkish

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:01 am

I tend to alternate between rounds of 2/3 minutes of pure boxing (including headbutts/elbow strikes), with practicing line-ups, single heavy fast (and non-tele-graphed as possible) strikes with raw aggressive intent.
Back to top Go down
Milo

PostSubject: Heavy bag routine   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Your bag routine depends largely on your goal. If you are training for competion or general fitness, you could do several rounds of 3 Minutes with 1 Min rest periods. bearing in mind that the longer the session the less the intensity!! if yov are training purely for a street situation then you are probably better off hitting in shorter, and therefore more intense bursts. Eg 5-15 Seconds with a short rest. most street fights dont last long anyway. the duration of any workout to be determined by your fitness level and wether you do any other sport
Back to top Go down
nix

nix

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:38 pm

For a quick efficient bag workout, I like Bas Rutten's 2min Thai boxing.

Link to CD and DVDs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any heavy bag training tips/routines?   Any heavy bag training tips/routines? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any heavy bag training tips/routines?
Page 1 of 1