Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From the Blog - Can you feel?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ARodomus

ARodomus

From the Blog - Can you feel? Empty
PostSubject: From the Blog - Can you feel?   From the Blog - Can you feel? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Do you remember the time, when we fell in love. ~ Michael Jackson

Seriously though, do you? Its so hard to remember those days. The days when as young teenagers we fell so heavily, deeply, unconditionably and irrevocably in love with Susie Rotten-crotch.

In a way, watching Twilight, I envy those fools for their ability to just “fall in love” and play the fools.

I remember living it, I remember being happy, sad, hurt, happy again, then hurt again, and so on. But the actual feeling, the emotion associated with that memory is long gone. Long gone.

Now all we feel are little bouts of happiness with small disappointments. The feeling is dulled and reduced by the walls and filters we have put up. A friend of mine asked me “why have you put up so many walls around your heart”, I corrected her, “I put up the great pyramids surrounded by the great wall of china”. I am one jaded, twisted person. A product of my personal experience.

So no longer do we fall in love without condition, no longer do we give our souls, no longer are we those wild eyed children in love with the idea of being in love.

We can love, and we do. I know I do. But its not that wild kid love, that ignorant, blind I’ll give my soul for you in a second no matter what kind of love. The love that you could sleep with my best friend, and the whole football team, but I’ll be here waiting, I can never ever live without you. I LOVE YOU. I NEED YOU. PLEASE COME BACK. I’LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.

Man that is some sad pathetic stuff. And you know what? For a long time I was that guy. The mere idea makes me laugh today, but back then it was no laughing matter.

Now here are my thoughts on the matter today, “GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT CRAP”!

Today we love our partners, and if there lives depended on it, we’d sacrifice whatever it took to save them, as a matter of action, but years and years of building walls makes it difficult to just give your all to anyone with complete abandon. Its a sad state of affairs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arodomus.com

From the Blog - Can you feel?
Page 1 of 1