Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lighters training...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Solomon

Lighters training... Empty
PostSubject: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:37 pm

I like to use lighters when I train AND when I punch people in the jaw. They are small and effective. It may not seem like much, but trust me...shit is serious.

You should train to have get the lighter in your hand without anyone noticing, this will train you how to kind of "dial" your intent, basically you'll be "hiding" your intent and it will make you more present, in the moment and cunning when dealing with this violence stuff. This is how thugs do it, they get a weapon in their hand just in case, you know?

Example: I was in a brawl with a young "thug", he knew how to box but he still wasn't taking any chances. The whole time he had a bandana wrapped around his hand to "protect his knuckles", when in reality he was hiding a box cutter inside of his hand, just incase I was making him look bad he can just rip my face up at anytime. Luckily, he gave me a warning and I backed off of him. I knocked him in his head and he backed up, dizzy, and let the bandana fall to the floor and said "hey look, fall back nigga".

Instead of a box cutter, it's much more wise to use a lighter. I don't know why, it just makes punches really powerful, especially if you train a lot and you train well.

The main way I scenario drill Is I have one of my people stand in front of me and start shit. We don't know what the other one has in his pockets or what his plan is. We have a conflict, and it gets pretty realistic. Guns come out, knives come out, pipes, sometimes we hide multiple opponents from eachother in the area etc, we train how to run from multiple opponents etc..

So yea, trust me, use lighters.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 pm

what?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:31 pm

WTF... I assume you are saying you hold a lighter in your fist as though that is going to give you some sort of advantage like a fist of steel or something.

I think it's been pretty well covered that, that is not the case and thuggery is a no win situation..
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 am

Solomon wrote:

Instead of a box cutter, it's much more wise to use a lighter. I don't know why, it just makes punches really powerful, especially if you train a lot and you train well.

Laughing

i've heard all this growing up in my late teans here, but when i was younger i was told to put a golf ball in my
palm--to make my fist hard from holding something in the palm-pocket, as it were.

i personally believe it's a psychological perk to the user, i can't say whether folks that do this feel their fists
get injured less...but otherwise i'm inclined to think it'd be the most useful if you were fighting scarface and
needed to light his cigar mid swing [joking joking].

anyway, whatever makes you amped when it's thick, more power to ya. i'd be worried it was a crutch, do you
carry it the whole time, must you reach for it when your spider sense is tingling [and all that]. do you just keep
it inside your glove? hmmm? dunno?
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:05 am

LOL...nobody said a fist of steel. I'm just saying, it's fucking awesome to punch people in the face while holding a lighter. It's like you're literally "packing" a punch! I've done the roll of quarters thing too, it's much more devastating but a lighter is more "pheasable" in a court of law! It's not a real weapon but can be made so.

I'm saying, it's good to train with lighters. It's good to train how to get them in your hand while people are watching you and then striking with it.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:09 am

[quote="Russ the Muss"]
Solomon wrote:

. i'd be worried it was a crutch, do you
carry it the whole time, must you reach for it when your spider sense is tingling [and all that]. do you just keep

Not quite a crutch...more like an "opportunistic" weapon. If I'm outside and having a ciggarette (as I do on occasion) and I have a lighter in my pocket, I want to get that in my hand if I get the chance. I'm perfectly capable of hitting without it, but I like the lighter because I punched a parked car with it once and it moved! (nobody was in it, so no, they didn't drive away lol)

I've punched someone with a roll of quarters, it's even better than a lighter, but they know that trick here so the cops are going to be up your ass. Why the hell would you carry a roll of quarters lol
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:11 am

[quote="Solomon"]
Russ the Muss wrote:
Solomon wrote:

. i'd be worried it was a crutch, do you

Not quite a crutch...more like an "opportunistic" weapon. If I'm outside and having a ciggarette (as I do on occasion) and I have a lighter in my pocket, I want to get that in my hand if I get the chance. I'm perfectly capable of hitting without it, but I like the lighter because I punched a parked car with it once and it moved! (nobody was in it, so no, they didn't drive away lol)

I've punched someone with a roll of quarters, it's even better than a lighter, but they know that trick here so the cops are going to be up your ass. Why the hell would you carry a roll of quarters lol

lol!

ahh yes, the role of quarters. i remember that one too. old school. and money for a soda after Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 am

[quote="Russ the Muss"][quote="Solomon"][quote="Russ the Muss"]
Solomon wrote:

lol!

ahh yes, the role of quarters. i remember that one too. old school. and money for a soda after Wink

LMAO afro
Back to top Go down
cozz25

cozz25

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:02 am

ive herd of this too..my karate teacher told me this a while back..the whole philosophy behind the lighter in the hand while punching is that ur squezzing the lighter with ur fist so therefore u have a tighter fist..but really i dont think it matters to much about how tight ur fist is..as long as its not loose when u hit sumone cause obviously u will break ur hand if u do that..i personally wouldnt use the lighter technique..sounds like more of a pain in the ass then anything...its sumthing extra to think about before u get into the combative state..probly wouldnt even remeber it in the time of combat lol. but if it worx for u then all the power to u..
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 am

Lighters training... Threadisgay
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Lighters training...   Lighters training... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
Lighters training... Threadisgay

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol!
lol!
Sleep

...better than sex