Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

frequent bodybuilding

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cozz25

PostSubject: frequent bodybuilding   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:56 am

ive always wondered if the BIG rule of bodybuildiung was true..ive always herd that u HAVE to wait 48 hours before training a muscle group again to let it rest and recuperate...well out of all the years of my training i have gotten the best results from training very frequently..when i was 18 i gained an inch on my biceps from doing curls everyday..and lots of them..its the same thing when doing hard labour..guys who lift heavy objects everyday and do lots of construction are very physicallt fit and pretty buff..alot buffer then ur average gym rat..anyways heres an article i found thats pretty interesting..enjoy!!

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/bodybuildings_next_frontier
Back to top Go down
cozz25

PostSubject: Re: frequent bodybuilding   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:49 am

heres another good article on frequent bodybuilding from Pavel Tsatsouline...

http://humanmachine.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/grease-the-groove-for-strength/
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: frequent bodybuilding   Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 am

Interesting read.

It's strange but it seems that whenever you actually start looking for factual information about things. The surface is revealed to be all bullshit. It happened to martial arts. It happened to psychology. I'm seeing it in training. I stumbled upon this little thing.

http://www.truthaboutprotein.com/how-much-protein

From what I've seen those guys share pretty high quality information. http://blog.adonislifestyle.com/ Think I stumbled upon it all when searching for brain-hacking psychology stuff. I think they came from the seduction angle.

I always believed protein was what everyone said it was. I remember seeing co-workers preparing their mountains of eggs and meat for lunch, along with their shakers. I almost began to say something, but thought to myself that it wasn't worth the bother. You know. Religion... Laughing

Crap. So many lies, so much bullshit. So much unquestioning acceptance. These days I'm mostly just a big questionmark on legs. It seems that unless you actually know and understand every element and chain of the process of whatever it is, you actually can't tell the truth from Daffy Duck.

Food that's supposed to be healthy for instance. Apples, yum yum. "healty, eat a lot" they tell you. But apparently they spray those things with so much pesticide they're mostly just poison. What? And salmon. Yum yum. "eat a lot of that too" they tell you. "because it's healthy" but they contain so much crap it's only safe to eat two meals of that a YEAR. Whattaffff? And milk. "very very important, drink lots of milk" they tell you. But because of all the crap they do to it, it too is nothing but toxic gunk. I don't know if they do that much to it here in Norway, but despite the claims that it's good for the bones, the country has one of the higher rates of osteoporosis in the world. Oh... Well that's just peachy. And even vitamins in excess are harmful. Not even talking about actual A or D poisoning but just general frequent consumption.

And if looking beyond all that for a while. To quote someone quoting someone else.
Quote :
Mark Steyn made an interesting observation in relation to healthcare -- US style versus EU socialized, versus having a bloody civil war...

Quote:
Life expectancy in the European Union 78.7 years; life expectancy in the United States 78.06 years; life expectancy in Albania 77.6 years; life expectancy in Libya, 76.88 years; life expectancy in Bosnia & Herzegovina, 78.17 years. Once you get on top of childhood mortality and basic hygiene, everything else is peripheral margin-of-error territory.

There are a lot of old geezers around who have lived an entire life doing the opposite of whatever healthy is. Beer, fat, white bread, laziness. The only thing you can realistically aspire to through diet and lifestyle is avoiding the lifestyle diseases and generally functioning more smoothly into old age. Not bad at all. But it's a far cry from the picture painted by the "experts" about certain imminent death on one hand and pleasant immortality on the other. Laughing

Bah! I'm a questionmark, and I'm heading back to the stone age. Just to catch a glimpse of what things looked like before the world got turned upside down.

Hahaha. Rant and rave huh?

In short, I like the article. I like the Pavel Tsatsouline article too. Currently I'm moving from messing with weights and the hassle of going to and from gyms, instead trying my hand at his "naked warrior" stuff. Intensity and frequency, and most of all, simplicity.

PostSubject: Re: frequent bodybuilding   Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 am

RichardB i agree with you 100%..

theres so much bullshit out there its crazy lol...ive seen it myself..for example, alot of the tough guys who i know at the local bar i go to who are actually extremely fucking tough..these guys will pull ur head outta ur ass without even thinking about it lol they pratically live on cigarettes and beer and work on oil rigs or do construction...here i am working out 3 hours a day..hitting the weights..doing my martial arts and eating my protien...all that stuff we are supposed to do and they are still bigger, stronger and probly even healthier then me lol WTF!!scratch

im not saying u have to smoke cigarettes and drink a shitload of beer but it kinda makes a person think a bit..i still firmly beleive in a good excersise program and diet but to actually go ape shit on everything like these guys in muscle magazines tell u to do is absolute rubbish!! i think it can be a bit unhelathy to be honest with u..i have friends that are absolutly upsessed with bodybuilding...they have lost gf's and close friends because of it..absolutly crazy lol..

and most of these guys in these magazines have good genetics to begin with and take massive amounts of steroids to maintain a physique like they do..they still have to train hard and all that BS but thats not the point..its very misleading!! a very good documentry to watch is "bigger stronger faster" its about the rapidly growing use of steroids in sports..very interesting..basically shows u the pros and cons of steroids and show how some athletes mislead ppl saying that they are all natural but are really not....very debateable subject..kinda the same as the legalization of marijuanna but im way off topic here lol just thought i'd do a bit of ranting and raving also lol

heres the trailer to that movie bigger stronger faster

Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: frequent bodybuilding   Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 am

1. training frequently and with not very heavy weights is how I have always weight trained and putting on mass has never been a problem for me- I am the type of person that guy in the article would have been looking for "someone who builds muscle without trying"- I never set out to get big, but I am, compared to the average chap - I very rarely go for any kind of set that would be less than 6 or 7 reps
usually 10 to 15 and I do a lot of sets

2. this protein thing is a new one on me, Ive subscribed to his newsletter and will do more research
Quote :

"Everything the muscle building magazines said, everything I'd read in online forums, everything they teach personal trainers and nutritionists, everything the supplement companies were saying...all pointed to one simple conclusion.

Protein really had virtually no backing to it AT ALL."

if I can find an external source that says protein as a musclebuilder has no scientifica basis AT ALL believe me I'll be shouting that one from the rooftops, but somehow I highly highly doubt it

we'll see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Richard Grannon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: frequent bodybuilding   Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 am

Quote :
"Everything the muscle building magazines said, everything I'd read in online forums, everything they teach personal trainers and nutritionists, everything the supplement companies were saying...all pointed to one simple conclusion.

Protein really had virtually no backing to it AT ALL."

this is straight from the brad pilon site you posted the link for Rich B and its total bullshit, having caught the guy in one clanger of a lie I cant help but put the question mark on everything else

I wont post them individually here but Iv just favourited a load of stuff on my youtube to do with "protein ebing unnecessary to bodybuilding and Ill tell you, Ive only looked a bit but it SEEMS TO ME at this point that people have found a great way of getting attention for their weight loss/ bodybuilding systems: by exagerating the lack of value protein has to bodybuiling because its controversial

https://www.youtube.com/user/streetfightsecrets?blend=1&ob=4#p/f

show me a body builder who is pure veggie, nor protein supplements or who is cut and large and strong from eating macdonalds and cookies and I'll change my tune

still looking

back to work study
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Richard Grannon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: frequent bodybuilding   Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 am

perfect example of the total intellectual dishonesty of the "protein myth busting brigade"