Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE Empty
PostSubject: INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE   INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:57 pm

REMINDS ME OF WHAT I LIKED ABOUT MARTIAL ARTS BEFORE I
GOT JADED...ALOT OF APPLICIBLE STUFF TO DRAW FROM. AS
RICHIE SAYS, START WITH THE FORM--THEN BREAK FROM THE
FORM--THEREABOUTS

Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE   INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:45 pm

good thread title. I appreciated the quality of the clip... and the sentiment behind it
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE   INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:23 pm

I love the idea of body intelligence. I suspect total body integration plus mind added, is what most of trad martial training is about ..... problem is how to add the 'rugby' into the intelligent body part ......
Many in TMA seem to stop at the lovely thought that they are now completely integrated and intelligent .... but have no real means of connecting any of it to someone else.
Seems like adding it later is a problem, and I am personally of my teacher's mind in integrating context, chaos and randomness earlier.
Dude's moves seemed very smooth, and his knowledge of weak and strong angles was very good. Have to take exception with the blade parts though .... the sinawali looked nice at the beginning, infact it looked like he added an 'inside roll' very particular to my teacher at one point ... but then everything else had no meaning. Why did he do what he did, when he did it? OK, the first move after the initial attack, but then, why?
It's only if the opponent is reacting, that the next thing becomes the thing to do next ... if you get my drift, and that involves them fighting back, or defending themselves some other way that makes sense in the context.
I love TMA, I do Very Happy but how do you train this wonderful quality of body intelligence, and connect it to something 'real'? Can you? Should you .....?

Gotta stop now .... off to substitute teach a Tai Chi class for a friend ... at a Golds Gym no less. Very odd Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE   INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Quote :
problem is how to add the 'rugby' into the intelligent body part ......

with psychology - the focussed savagery the "core visualisation" gives you

as to connecting it to something "real" - again with psychology, its a mental endevaour, everything else will have you chasing your tail and drive you mad

Reg Wong taught me thisrecently and its a big step forward

we just cant dictate or know what will happen in the real world, constantly striving to make it realer and realer and da realest leads to stagnation and claustrophobia

how can I make it really realer ? the answer will be "psychology"
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE   INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE Empty

Back to top Go down

INSPIRING BODY INTELLIGENCE
Page 1 of 1