Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED Empty
PostSubject: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 am

THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE UNTETHERED AND UNFETTERED MIND

I DON'T THINK IT HAS TO BE TAKEN IN A UNIVERSAL-FORCES KIND OF WAY, YIN-YANG, CAUSE-EFFECT..ETC.
INSERT YOUR SPIRITUAL PHENOM HERE. I HONESTLY THINK THAT WHEN YOUR MIND HAS ABSOLUTE FOCUS,
IT CAN PERFORM IN WAYS PREVIOUSLY UNDREAMED OF. IT'S ABOUT FOCUS--THE METAPHORICAL CLARITY
OF THE POND WITH NO RIPPLES. AND NOTHING LIKE UNCLEAN, MISGUIDED, LAZY, AND GENERALLY EMBALANCED
THOUGHTS TO PROVIDE THE SPEED BUMPS ON YOUR--ONE'S, WAY TO SUCCESS.

IT'S A GOAL THAT GOES AND COMES IN MY HUMAN FOLLY THAT IMITATES ALL OTHER UNIVERSAL HABITS LIKE
TIDES AND BREATH. I BELIEVE THESE RYTHEMS PLAGUE US ALL. PURITY, DEBAUCHERY. HAPPY STATES,
FRANTIC AND FURIOUS ONES. THOSE CALMER AMONG US HAVE EBBS AND FLOWS SO SUBTLE THEY'RE EITHER
ACUTELY AWARE OF THESE THINGS, OR THEY'RE TOTALLY UNAWARESSSSSSSS.

IN PRACTICAL TERMS, I'VE SEEN SOME SMALL CHANGES IN MY TRAINING AND SUCCESSES SURROUNDING--THAT
RELATE TO AN INNER YOLK THAT I TEMPORARILY LIFTED. AS A HUMAN, I'VE SINCE ADORNED IT IN ALL IT'S
DISCOMFORTS--IN THE INNER BATTLE THAT HAS INSPIRED ALL THE WORLDS RELIGIOUS TEXTS SINCE TIME
IMMEMORIAL.

I TRY AGAIN, THIS TIME WITH RESOLVE IN THE FOCUS. PERHAPS THE REAL WAX ON GIFT OF MEDITATION. TO
LEARN TO FOCUS AND FIND WHATEVER IS CLOSEST TO YOUR HEART FOR HOW FAR ALONG THE JOURNEY ONE
IS ABLE TO TRAVEL. YOU SEE EVIDENCE IN DAILY LIFE OF THE FAMOUS THAT FALL OVER SIMPLE THINGS, LIKE
KIDS THAT UNDERSTOOD TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

OR AS GEOFF THOMPSON PERHAPS LITERALLY SAID--BY WAY OF A PARAPHRASE FROM RICHIE, KEEP GOD ON YOUR SIDE.

SAID ANOTHER WAY, FIND A SENSE OF PRIDE IN YOUR STEPS AS YOU JOURNEY INWARD AND ONWARD TO YOUR
NOBLE GOALS.

THE MUNDANE PLAGUES US ALL--AND IF YOU HAVE EVEN ENJOYED THE QUIET LONG ENOUGH, SICKENS US ALL IN IT'S SELF HONESTY. ALL THOSE FINGERS THAT POINTS OUTWARD, AS THEY IGNORRED THE THREE POINTING BACK AT ONESELF, AS A SWAMI ONCE SAID.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:55 am

Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:29 am

Hiya mate

how did you lift the yoke mate?

yes Geoff literally said that

"have god in your corner"

then he said

"would you like another jaffa cake?"

and I said

"yes"

and now I love jaffa cakes. So its actually Geoff's fault Im a fat walrus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
Hiya mate

how did you lift the yoke mate?

yes Geoff literally said that

"have god in your corner"

then he said

"would you like another jaffa cake?"

and I said

"yes"

and now I love jaffa cakes. So its actually Geoff's fault Im a fat walrus.

nothing brings people back to god--my guru once said, like hitting rock bottom.
when alot of poo was being hurled in all directions from a formidible + metaphorical
ceiling fan, i went inward...rather than risk expressing my discontent outward. my
bridge to a nicer place come from my brothers words, who is by no means a wise
person, probably the unwisest person i've ever met, but the truth can come from
the lips of idiots if one has the ears and humility to listen:

he said,
"the best revenge is living well" not much there when times are good, or when people
are patting you on the back. but then in isolation and quiet i found my focus different,
and my hits harder, and my exclution of the outside world more fullfilling. now i'm
to take more steps. incrementally, lest i risk rocking that boat of extremes. not a
perfect equation since not unlike the average AA meeting, let the alcohol go and
spend a night with narcissist losers over eating and smoking one's way back to self
congratulatory impulsive and addictive behavior. it's a tight rope walk, one that the
real gurus walked--and i have no dillusions or expectations other than to keep revisiting
the impetus that compelled me in. if i don't what i'll find, like the seasons and the tides,
is my 'sorry ass back in the same place reaching the same conclusions after the next
wave of collaterol damage". i don't need a loin cloth, i need inward isolation and consistancy.

i've seen the patterns of myself and others. now i'm trying to be a psychological
ninja--not placing good and evil on classically pre-decided notions based on the travels
of others but rather retreating form the flames and not being allowed to swell by some
version of ego-osmosis from the liquid that represent it's opposite. a calm brooding
state, that knows the ques of smiles and frowns--from the perspective of an
actor who's on a greater assignment of not fitting in, but rather negotiating the waves
and sharks and delights of the never ending sea of forms and subjects and trials that
can appear of wicked as devils or as innocent as babies.

now, for more mushrooms, and for some sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 pm

DREAMS OF A MADMAN: i'd finished reading a bit from my dad's memoirs--realizing
he was the mad hatter of his peers. what a complete lunatic, i wonder at times if i
inherit his legacy. is he that reservoir of energy geoff thompson says must be channeled
or it will become negative? i looked at a journal of my father where it read that he
cried uncontrollibly for the death of jim soss--only to learn later that jim soss was
his made up friend. he was about 8 years old when this happened. then i hear that
the couple of teens that came to me for help--fearing they were with child [from my
school] were not innocents after all but the standard fare for russian adopted kids
with great mental embalances--the girl having an MO for getting close to her male
PE teachers. without this information i just sent then and their problems onto the
school principle, not realizing just how the slightest perceived infraction would have
landed me in a hot seat. these events, even as they don't affect me, have a misanthropic
affect on me. from my mad father, to teens so debauched, i cannot fathom desiring
to reach out to them anymore on a personal level. then i go home and realize the peace
that emerges from letting them all go. and i realize what my training does for me.
maybe that is why some odd pugilists have had mystical experiences from they art.
i doubt seriously that the movements of aikido are somehow warrior like song lines
to heavenly states and battles entertwined, ueshiba the master, or perhaps he found
that isolation and devotion to a thing, anything is the price of greatness and it's
reward that invariably comes from great sacrifices. letting go of the mundane fecal
matter that serves as fossil fuel to grind the great wheels of the ignorrant world we
live in.

after a weekend at home, with thoughts lingering like tramps in the
barren wasteland of my festering mind, a realization emerged:

that i'm on path like everyone but the information is in constant flux, not just
me but the information. to accomodate the pulses of the universe i've lived
under the erronious assumption that the facts stand still. this is
why the so called saints have kept their inspirational
ditties short and simplistic. as the times change, so do the facts on some small
bend not unlike a refracted light. this is why when it comes to apodictic
reasoning--we only have roughly 10 things to remember [though shalt not
something or other]. the truth is in casuistic--or whatever the word is. if this,
then...

i've been taking in and processing so much information over my life like some
kind of currency amassed and the result is toxicity that clouds my mind. in the
toilet of no discrepancy, i've become a lardy, multi talented quasi modern oaf
who could perhaps start a pilates/kung-fu/massage/university if i'm not careful.
i'd move to sedona, take up duhn yoga, and become their new messiah--shortly
before a scandal broke that i'd slept with farm animals and had it filmed after
drunken binges of rage and overall dissatisfaction within. aren't these scandals
a kind of wittling down that occurs either by our own hands or by that of the
universe--if it is needed. if we're truly on a path then they occur.

first we become unhappy with everything [a first real sign of trying to grow toward
something more real], then in the humility that sees the folly in almost everything,
we detest the world and seek isolation, after which we minimalize and gain inspiration
from half naked sadhus--not as much for their literal aesthetic value...god knows
if a sadhu walked into my living room in reality, i'd worry that my initial reaction would
send his head and arse bouncing off the metal steps that lead to my domicile. it's the
metaphor, and if people understood it, there'd be no more mecca and transatlantic
ashram stays. from the home, they'd gain the real message of their gurus and simply
simplify.

i strive for short cuts--for fear that i'm amassing more garbage, creating mindless
rituals, and yolking more years with clouds of stupidity. expectation is the cause of misery,
it's why a woman i know gets into an argument every friday night with her husband [isn't
the weekend supposed to be glorious?] or is it because she hates transitions. but there it is,
more patterns within patterns within patterns--the waves and breaths of the universe.
from small breaths--from which i believe realization occurs, to greater and more epic
breaths that can inspire religions in one era, only to be unfulfilling in another. in the small
breaths and rythms of the world lie the casuistic answers. if this, then that.... and the personal
path of enlightenment not meant to inspire more than from the outline. no one person's
answers will free the next.

yet when we come to the texts that last for inpiration they say one of two things:

1. god is everywhere

2. god is not this, god is not that...

to mesh the two seemingly opposing sentiments, it would have to mean: god is not this when this means non
god to you, god is not that when you feel it is seperate from god. for all to be god, one must see oneself as no
longer seperate from god, no longer teased by the idea of somehow being one's own seperate entity, and the
addage 'let go and let god' seems to make for a more clear lens on the whole thing where god can simply mean
the equation that carries the universe--forever breathing and changing like water
, not to be finitely enjoyed
and somehow understood in entirity like currency to the wise but rather rode like a surfer through time--the
journey. the secret inner language. the thread that holds the 108 beads. the mandala that is erased, by some
with great regret--that which we own owns us, and by others like myself with relief. let this life end, and another
begin. lives within lives. pulses. ride the waves and don't be thrown by the crest, or swallowed by the dip. be
compassionately detached and remember the real damage of attachment is that one eyes try and see all
directions at once. when one can look untethered in one direction only for a moment, one sees more than
spinning and looking. i see that i don't need very much, and that it brings me greater joy to let go of things
than amassing ever did. not 'the' truth, but my truth. the sword of discerning truth, or whatever. more isn't better.
less isn't necessarily quality either. but throw one rock into the pond and still make out the world beneath...throw a
handful of pebbles in and be endlessly farther from even remembering your objective. let go of these thoughts and
be forced to revisit them in 12 years. time to take in on 'faith' that i don't need to see the wheel come round again,
i can anticipate.

i see my weaknesses are in an illusive greater truth which just doesn't exist for me. my barometer for lack of rigor
is my mouth. when i start becoming a porker, eating like an wolverine that fears for himself not finding the next
meal, the amassing mentality has been generating again. my mouth is my barometer. taking in, taking in, there must
be something else. like the poor [knowledge starved metaphor] that are invariably fat from considering food so
important they've failed to notice they're surrounded by food--spending an inordinate amount on prepared food, junk
food, made food, food in theaters, etc...rich people are skinny satisfied pencil necked folk who no longer forage because
the next meal is implicit. it will come. i've eaten enough food for a lifetime. it's time to realize that i've amassed enough
knowlege for a lifetime, and get into the habit of going within and streamlining. eracing not one mandala, but the entire
fukking beach.

gotta go hit the pads. after that. only training entries from me Shocked
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Russ,
That was an amazing piece of writing ... in fact this whole thread is.
I look forward to the day I can sit with you on a rock somewhere and contemplate the ...... whatever it is, or is not ..... Cool
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:38 pm

maija wrote:
Russ,
That was an amazing piece of writing ... in fact this whole thread is.
I look forward to the day I can sit with you on a rock somewhere and contemplate the ...... whatever it is, or is not ..... Cool

cheers Maija, likewise Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:02 pm

your writing kung fu is improving Russell San

Quote :
be
compassionately detached and remember the real damage of attachment is that one eyes try and see all
directions at once. when one can look untethered in one direction only for a moment, one sees more than
spinning and looking. i see that i don't need very much, and that it brings me greater joy to let go of things
than amassing ever did.

becoming refined are you (said in yoda syntax pirat )
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 pm

so desu ka, arigato gozaimasu--or something Laughing

erm, tah yoda Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED   MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED Empty

Back to top Go down

MORE LATER: A SUBJECT REVISITED
Page 1 of 1