Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY Empty
PostSubject: GOTTA LOVE RUGBY   GOTTA LOVE RUGBY EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_Lx5ZzK-Q&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTTA LOVE RUGBY   GOTTA LOVE RUGBY EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm

an ancient martial style, known only in the ancient temple of bao as "rugby and weights fist" was born, based soley on development of attributes and hard contact, its a throwback form of the more refined "thug fist" that permitted elements of MMA and Combatives... the ancient thugs saw actual techniques as "girly" and a kind of unmanly cheating

plus ca change

good clip RUss
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
maija
Admin
maija

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTTA LOVE RUGBY   GOTTA LOVE RUGBY EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Russ, between this clip and the silat, you seem to have posted the two ends of a spectrum!
Watching this, I can now see the origins of the scrum ....."Hold me back lads, hold me back"! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTTA LOVE RUGBY   GOTTA LOVE RUGBY EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 pm

there was a big gap in Russ's postings of the two threads, I bumped this up because I didnt notice it the first time round, but even unconsciously Russ has presented us with a seeming dichotomy: the very rugged to the very refined

the answer lies somewhere in between, or at the extremes of both... man, this is some transcendental shizz right here

just remember that for some cultures "techniques" really are seen as tricks and weakness and that what counts should be heart and will... Im not saying we need to adopt that... but it is refreshing and somewhat cleansing no?

Dont Think

Get Stuck In

might be my motto for 2010!
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTTA LOVE RUGBY   GOTTA LOVE RUGBY EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
a seeming dichotomy: the very rugged to the very refined

the answer lies somewhere in between, or at the extremes of both... man, this is some transcendental shizz right here

Dont Think

Get Stuck In

might be my motto for 2010!

tell me about it. i've heard that one profound truth has another equal and opposite other--kahlil gabrain would say
ride the extreme knowing of it's opposite cognigently. siddartha would say avoid the extremes knowing of their
intoxicating and jading lure away from balance.

sometimes it seems that the road is best traveled from rugby to refining. martial arts seem almost better when
explored as one gains the time to become philosophical and add depth and enjoyment to his skills in pugilism.
with the first hand knowledge that kind of person must see what is sound and what is ego folly. the other way
around can lend to jaded bad experiences and beat downs that come at the beginning of any path to fighting, but
must smart more with the expectation of being some sort of gentleman's expert on the subject.

the guys i've known who've felt the best about their progression down both roads--as all must eventually go who
don't leave it, have started mildly thuggish only to dabble in a hobbie'ish past time that suited their interests. an
ex marine friend of mine sort of ended up in a competitive sporty dojo--from being sort of surly to begin with.
he enjoyed all of his travels--metaphorically speaking. he sort of understood that if he wanted to land a face level
spin kick or whatever--it was in prime conditions where he was sort of playing with his food, enjoying the journey,
testing, or offering a mind fook. he--if i may assume, knew when it was time to just grab a sweater and land a
sloppy and heavy hand. but what happens to a person like that after climbing the ranks...does he/she favor certain
aspects of the dance that is angularly perfect precision, or does he/she split a class and say--this is history and this
is our fighting class. i had a TKD teacher who sort of did this for this reason but he split it to favor a knowledge of
sports fighting rather than self defense--sort of 'here's our wonderful art, now stop it because this weekend we
needs points and trophies so we'll go to open tournaments [slackers for form] and just play our wicked little game
of violent tag...voila, some techniques will follow".
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTTA LOVE RUGBY   GOTTA LOVE RUGBY Empty

Back to top Go down

GOTTA LOVE RUGBY
Page 1 of 1