Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From the blog - Training struggles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ARodomus

ARodomus

From the blog - Training struggles Empty
PostSubject: From the blog - Training struggles   From the blog - Training struggles EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm

For the earlier part of this year I was a beast. I was training at least 5 days a week. I trained longer and harder than I have in a long time.

Subsequently I won 2 weight bets, and came in 2nd in the heavy competition one. I felt great, I’d dropped about 30 pds, and for the first time in years I hit under 200 pds. 190 to be exact, well on my way to my old school weight.

Then I went on a cruise. All bets were off at that point (literally). I went on a sickening binge and ate my @ss off for those 10 or so days. I figured I deserved it after so much work. But here is the problem, after the cruise, I never stopped. I’ve continue the overeating since then. I’ve had periods of clean eating and training, but with no consistency.

You see, I’m an all or nothing person. I have been all my life. I remember in school they used to say “Angel, things are not always ‘black or white’, there are shades of gray. Find your gray area”. And here I am, some haf a lifetime later, still the same old black and white Angel.

I’ve improved a lot of things about myself with the passing years, and I have lived “gray” at times, but more often than not I end up hitting my extremes.

If I am training, then I am dieting, if I’m doing this, then I’m doing it hardcore! Just the same, if I’m binging, then I’m not training, and I do this overeating just as hard!

My friend/coworker Ricky said “Dude, when you eat bad, you don’t just eat bad, but you eat a lot of bad stuff”! He’s right. I am an extremist. But if I’m gonna be extreme, I should at least do it towards the healthy side.

My headaches have been coming back, I think its due to weight gain, blood pressure, etc. I have my gym bag with me. I need to get back down, I felt so much better losing weight.

Benefits of losing weight:
Visible benefits
- I feel better about myself
- I don’t get such frequent headaches
- Apparently I don’t snore as loudly (kitty benefit)
- I don’t lose my breath going up stairs
- I don’t start to sweat from just thinking

Underlying benefits
- No heart attack
- No stroke
- Better able to deal with life’s stresses
- Age better

My mind is ready, I will be picking some supplements as per Clarence’s advice, in hopes that my body can keep up with the stresses it will undergo in training.

Let’s start this journey yet again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arodomus.com

From the blog - Training struggles
Page 1 of 1