Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fighting with handicaps

Go down 
2 posters

Would you hit a chum who wears spectacles/glasses?
Yes
Fighting with handicaps Vote_lcap80%Fighting with handicaps Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
No
Fighting with handicaps Vote_lcap0%Fighting with handicaps Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe
Fighting with handicaps Vote_lcap20%Fighting with handicaps Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
asfi

Fighting with handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Fighting with handicaps   Fighting with handicaps EmptyThu May 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Let's face it.

When people say fight, it's not uncommon to picture two guys, in the pink of health having a go at each other.

What would you say to a fight where one party is a knife-weilding assailant, and the other is a singlet, shorts and sandals wearing backpacker with a pack the size of a baby elephant?

By handicap, I'm referring to a physical constraint that can compromise one's safety and ability to survive in a fight/ assault/ physical confrontation or whatever you want to name it.

Chums with physical ailments like busted knees, crippled arms and such. Lads wearing spectacles.

Or people with temporary non-physical handicaps like that backpacker, or a mate carring the wife's grocery items. Even tight jeans can be a handicap.

And what about women? With all the stuff they lug about, and their clothing, the shoes, even.

You get the picture.

Ever given a thought as to how these people might defend themselves in different scenarios?

I wish I had enough cash to buy myself a personal video camera. Maybe I could give some ideas that could help. It's hard to put them in words, mates.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Fighting with handicaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting with handicaps   Fighting with handicaps EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:22 am

Ive tonked someone with contacts in, he started blubbering they had cut his eye... shouldnt of pushed me over that wall then should he? Razz

when i was walking on a crutch for my bad knee i didnt feel as vulnerable as the last time I damaged my right wrist... could mean my whole sense of confidence comes from my hands?

in an ideal world: I think once a student has done some basic training they should work drills that force them to be handicapped by environment (stuck in a car, shoved into a corner, over a wall) and by what they are wearing, carrying or even tying a limb down to represent injured limb... I say in an Ideal world, I mean in my training dungeon for brainwashing american prisoners into killing machines that the US govmt is setting up right now...
it wont be a top priority thing, it will be in the last stages of training to teach my army of hypnotised assassins to improvise around circumstances to apply their skills.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com

Fighting with handicaps
Page 1 of 1