Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...

Go down 
+6
Karunamama
Mike2010
roadkill
Sharif H
RichardB
thugsage
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Karunamama wrote:
Russ, have you thought of getting a walkie-talkie for your mother-in-law for use at night? Easier to operate than the cell phone if it's a panicky situation. Maybe make a ritual of her saying goodnight to you on it before she goes to bed and waiting for your response, just to make sure you've got it on. And then tell your wife to call 911 before you run out, in case grandma forgets. Oh, and make sure the missus tells the police that the crazed machete-wielding maniac is you. Very Happy

that's a great idea. we're taking a trip at xmas, and my m-in-law was actually going to buy those walkie-talkies for convenience as there'll be alot of walking..."bring the juice" kind of thing from great distances. so getting hold of such
equipment wont be an issue. and telling my wife to make the call, and to add the extra info regarding how i may be
presenting myself...nice advice Exclamation

alot of stuff goes on like that. my mate was just about to move into a house with his entire family, to include letting go of
a stable lease, so that he and his family--to include his mum who just had a stroke, could move in. the guy was selling was
googled by his wife--who checks everyone out that way, was able to find out that the name he used belonged to a guy who
died a month ago. this guy was going to take their down payment or whatever, and let them live in a house that didn't belong
to him or anyone else for that matter. my friend was prevented from calling me--by his wife. it was his intention to have us
go check out the house and have a meeting with him affraid , then confront him with the information. she is calling the police and making the appropriate complaints even as i write. it's amaizing how people use their energy and time. he still smarts over the near miss that would have left them quite stranded. no respect for anything.

i reckon it is chalked down to what my dad said. those that don't have cars, during riots, are the ones burning them. these people are those from broken homes and bad families. anyway, in my rambling mode. going home now. thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Quote :
Has anybody mentioned giving the intruder an exit?
I don't know about you, but personally i'd like to give them every opportunity to engage the 'flight' reflex.

Don't block the way they came in I guess. Unless you were fully dedicated to 'neutralizing' him/them rather than verbally challenging.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:43 am

how home invasion should be handled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlvZ6anM81U&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Russ the Muss wrote:
how home invasion should be handled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlvZ6anM81U&feature=related

then it raped & ate it.

You DO NOT F*** with a Ratel.

We should adopt this creature as our unofficial emblem or totem animal. Better than the penguin in Fight Club.

Good thread this, been reading but have nothing of any weight to add. Bet that got a big sigh of relief from you lot lol!
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Another home invasion... Sort of..

Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 pm

that was great cheers
crazy me. i wanted her to walk out to where he lay down, shoot some more,
call her dog over and have him pee in his face, place doughnuts on his pulpy mess
and release the wild pigs from her back yard. that's a Russ the Muss disney
movie right there, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, mmm. bounce
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Sharif H wrote:
Roadkill,

That was a nice link to the room-clearance thing. One thing though...

With regards to entering a room with a closed door, I was told to bomb-burst into it and then move off to one corner. (as you would if you were part of a CT or SWAT team, but even if you are alone).

With the method illustrated in the link, I'm wondering what if you did actually make contact with a bad guy? Would it not end up as a kind of stand-off or worse? I mean, you open the door, they see you open the door, they're now waiting for you to come into view. Whereas if you've made an aggressive entry, you can fire at any targets you see on site and you will be a moving target.

scratch

Sorry I forgot about this Sharif...

I have mixed emotions on this one, because when I was first taught, it was a slow open from a crouched position and you used your flashlight (held to the floor) to scan the room (years ago). Then later they were advocating a rapid entry, kind of a crouching, move, scan, L to R or R to L based on room and door location.

I have played with both on an airsoft and paintball level and both have worked for me. However, personally, if there is light I prefer the aggressive keep moving and focus on target approach. That has always worked very well in most situations for me. Staying focused on target sighting even if they are shooting at you. It's that OODA loop, I will walk right at you firing steady and with intent. It freaks them out and they spray and pray.
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Russ the Muss wrote:
that was great cheers
crazy me. i wanted her to walk out to where he lay down, shoot some more,
call her dog over and have him pee in his face, place doughnuts on his pulpy mess
and release the wild pigs from her back yard. that's a Russ the Muss disney
movie right there, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, mmm. bounce

yup, the good old Rip-Off-His-Head/Face-With-Spine-Attached move.

Works 60% of the time, all the time.
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 pm

http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/cpghs.htm#doors

Duno if it'll help anyone, but some good areas to think about.

Anyway back to planning my fortress.

Quote :
Do not use barbed or razor wire, or broken glass - you could be held legally responsible for any injuries caused. You can get safer alternatives that are designed not to cut or injure.
Tetanus, anyone? santa
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Unbelievable that putting something sharp in plain view to act as a deterrent may get you prosecuted.

I was listening to Gardeners Question time a little while ago. (Me love Radio 4!!!) A police officer was advising that growing a thorny trellis or Roses or any spine covered bush for security or just because it looks nice could get you prosecuted, if a burglar or prowler wounded themselves on it & made a complaint.

I read what I write sometimes.............& it makes me sound old & that I subscribe to the The Daily Mail. Ho Hum.
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:10 pm

I used to read the Mail actually [when I had a proper job], it's not a bad paper. It was the only tabloid I could get along with, and it criticized the Labour government.

The Express.. now that's the Mail's sabre-rattling older brother. Some proper good crap in that one (from what I remember).

I understand the law that says you can't lay traps for prospective burglars, but like you say, a deterrent in plain view not being 'safe' enough for burglars?

They won't like it when I tell them about the Burglar Pit lined with sharpened bamboo stakes covered in my own faeces, will they?

But then i'd point out that all household intruders should abide by the Safety At Work guidelines and be wearing steel-toecapped boots, with steel soles.

It'd be a helluva boring courtcase.
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:14 pm

Mike, are you related to Tony Martin?
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Blackops,

You are the grumpy old man of the forum. Sorry mate, but it's true. That's just how it is. Bet you're wearing slippers right now

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:44 pm

No, Ho Chi Minh.

Sharif, you should have said;

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Wink
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:51 am

my appologies for being in the middle of stuff and not [yet] being able to read it all, but as for the booby trap stuff.
i've known a girl's dad who literally/successfully put down the old board with nails, etc...i didn't get the whole story
though. i reckon you could in fact lay a trap but make it look like you're a slob. find a nasty trap that can be explained
as something that you needed to take care of, clean up as it were.

"we worked all hours and i just didn't have the strength to clean up the, uhm, broken glass , oil, and dog shit at the base
of the open window, mia culpa"

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:25 am

Fair enough Sharif. I'm assuming that you mean I have wisdom & the experience to use it. When you grow up, you 'll understand.

Personally, I live on the second floor so dont have to litter the outside of my home with inventions from Death trap Dungeon.
Lucky me.

Rus, was her Dad hunting her boyfriend or something?
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:32 am

Blakops wrote:

Rus, was her Dad hunting her boyfriend or something?

as i recall it...it was local theft--and a certain window [& here's where i don't
trust my memory]...i thought some how they new the guy didn't where shoes
for the quiet.

the girl said there was blood for the effort--that i remember Shocked

JUST SAW THIS///
Weird NewsLeave a CommentOK, this is so "Home Alone" that it cracked us up: One in 20 in the U.K. admit they set traps in their homes in order to ensnare crooks.

Popular techniques include "holes in floorboards, loose stairs, hidden trip wires, garden pits, and even plant pots or ornaments attached to hidden strings." And yes, the iconic baseball bat endures as the potential intruder-ass-kicking weapon of choice. (Surprise surprise, men are way more likely to engage a burglar than women are, just FYI.)

Even though most of these precautions seem slightly laughable, here in the States, as more and more folks are out of work and crime rates steadily rise, we had to wonder: Have you ever jerry-rigged some homespun concoction (soup cans in the window?) to protect your worldly goods?
Back to top Go down
robbie

robbie

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 am

The trap I set for a burglar who'd been doing the rounds on our estate recently, was me!! This prick had done houses to the left, right and behind ours and elsewhere in the neighbourhood..I was convinced he'd pay me a visit! So, I slept downstairs on the sofa for a couple of weeks, after having been burgled at Xmas a few years ago I wasn't going to let that happen again! The law caught him after a 3 week spree so nothing came of my cunning plan!! Probably for the best really, my mindset when I went to sleep every night wasn't very good. I was thinking of ways I could feck him up if he got in before going to sleep..don't know where I'd be now if he had popped in to see me!
Back to top Go down
http://mytraining.blog.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...   HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HOME INVASION? TRAINING FOR...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2