Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial

Go down 
+5
roadkill
Sharif H
RichardB
thugsage
Richard Grannon
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Karunamama

Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Finally had time to view the vids and really like them. Do you have a website where you've compiled your stuff, Sharif?

Regarding the last few posts scratch Neutral Question

Anyone going to translate?
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:12 pm

[quote="Karunamama"]
Quote :
Finally had time to view the vids and really like them. Do you have a website where you've compiled your stuff, Sharif?

youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/tacprotection

If you click on my profile, there should be a link to my website too Smile

Quote :
Regarding the last few posts scratch Neutral Question

Anyone going to translate?

Sorry... I barely understand it myself Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm

its an english thing, incomprehensible to you colonials unless you've spent some proper time here

go to a different village 20 miles up the road and you can have a different accent and cultural identity, not like the states at all

where 300 miles is "not that far"... pah!

thats the furthest Ive ever been outside the shire frodo

do you know what a "scouser" and a "cockney" are at least?

these are the uniquely englishe artes of the thugge (we cant do cooking, we're not a great a holiday destination, but by jove we can brawl) you need some understanding of our quaint ways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
(we cant do cooking, we're not a great a holiday destination, but by jove we can brawl) you need some understanding of our quaint ways Very Happy

Ummm... actually.... I'm a pretty good cook Embarassed

But it's OK! It's not my English side that can cook; it's the Bengali! So you're statement still rings with truth Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Karunamama

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 pm

Looked up "scouse" and "cockney" on Wikipaedia, so I have a little idea now.

I did visit England some years ago and remember that when the train I was on got near the Welsh border, I couldn't understand the conversations of the passengers that got on there. I ate lots of Indian and Chinese food while I was there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:10 pm

used to have a book awhile ago, have to see if I can find it in the loft, from the fifties on regional accents.

It actually had a map of the UK with boundaries, showing where consonant & vowels sounds altered. I dug it out when i had a few friends round. From Reading, Salford, Rotherham, Birmingham & of course myself, Exeter. Unbelievably accurate, wish I could remember the title. Perfect example of the British obsession with Class & position & upbringing. Incidentally Sally from Salford, was patted down before she left......well, you know what they're like. Laughing

& after not seeing her for three years, she lives in lagos, Portugal & runs her own gardening firm, I am going out for a beer with her tomorrow night. Should be fun. She can cause a fight at Conscientious Objectors meet the Quakers dinner.
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Someone's crept up and hit you with the Funny Stick lately matt, can't stop laughing at your posts!
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:43 pm

Too kind mike. Don't encourage me though, the quality will suffer.

We ran some responses to frontal knife assault yesterday & some ground work, mauling, gouging, kino mutai. With knives & hampered by wearing coats with the opponent gripping them.

Anyway, knife threat defense was a bon sau style strike block to stab to stomach or heart, turn the arm over, pushing his forearm mid point,with the middle of your forearm against the oppo & striking to head, mve past or through.

This against a knife threatening you, just prior to or as they go to, stab.

Not comfortable with it. On both low line & highline stabs, Found that most of the time, the oppo elbow was nearer the ground, due to my height, it was easier for him to go under & back slash. Bon sau striking the arm with the back of the forearm & gripping at the wrist joint then strike head was more successful. Shoulder barge, headbutt, good if you mess up find yourself on the inside of the oppo.

The bonsau was good for speed, hands down low & turn hips & torso away from knife & arm lashes across, it worked as well on the highline, heart, with the elbow/bicep relacing the forearm. This is quicker than they react, even keyed up, distracting with a question, got you more time.

Don't like knocking them straight back unless you could trip them, if you dont hit hard enough they are right back at you. Standing on their foot was quite successful as you struck, wasn't looking for it, just happened naturally a couple of times.+

Angling past is much better, moving to 45% of them as you respond & strike is good, takes the balance better. I like getting behind them, then side kick the back knee or sweep, or anchor by gripping the clothing like bert poe (youtube him it is easier) & smashing into the back of the head or heavy hands on the shoulders, as you kick out their right leg. All dpends on how they are postioned after palming them a few times.

Basically the times I adjusted to the SFS knife concept it worked better against attack, The strike push was powerfull & sets up the head strike nicely.

Against a close in knife threat, especially low line, the bonsau was faster, as my body moved with the arm and did not telegraph & striking with the back of the wrist (crane fist) got as painful a strike on the forearm. It then for me naturally rolled over & I push palmed his forearm into him.& trapped, as i attacked

This wasnt a mad drill with intent, there was a degree of compliance.

Just describing what worked for me when trying this out, during a class.
Back to top Go down
Karunamama

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Great description of the knife drill, and it's always good to hear what worked and what didn't. It's a shame you can't post vids from your classes Sad . It'd be great if you could describe some of the drills and what responses you felt were effective.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Sharif H wrote:
Richard Grannon wrote:
(we cant do cooking, we're not a great a holiday destination, but by jove we can brawl) you need some understanding of our quaint ways Very Happy

Ummm... actually.... I'm a pretty good cook Embarassed

But it's OK! It's not my English side that can cook; it's the Bengali! So you're statement still rings with truth Laughing

I should bloody hope so, I thought you were becoming one of those metrosexuals then! or "gastrosexual" as they are now known, I mean really, who comes up with these terms? Razz

As long as its the Bengali side, it IS a manly endeavour.

Having said that my best mate is Bengali and I wouldnt trust him to cook beans on toast (if your reading Raj, sorry mate, but you know its best if your mum cooks Razz and no mate, turning a george foreman grill on doesnt count)

Karunamama, I struggle myself with the Welsh accent, I struggle even more when they are actually speaking Welsh! We do love our Chinese and our Indian restaurants here... though technically that isnt really Chinese and Indian food, its "gwei lo" and "gorah" food- sort of a compromise between what the Eastern dudes can cook and what the Western dudes want to eat.

our most popular "Indian" dish is Chicken Tikka Masalla ... which was allegedly invented in glasgow and is not worth ordering outside the UK.

which is a lot like martial arts if you think about it ...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Blakops wrote:
Incidentally Sally from Salford, was patted down before she left......well, you know what they're like. Laughing

& after not seeing her for three years, she lives in lagos, Portugal & runs her own gardening firm, I am going out for a beer with her tomorrow night. Should be fun. She can cause a fight at Conscientious Objectors meet the Quakers dinner.

say what now?

did I miss something ...again? clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial   Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharif's Pressure Testing of my Knife Offence Tutorial
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2