Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know

Go down 
+7
technics1210
Mike2010
Sharif H
thugsage
markh
Blakops
Richard Grannon
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know Empty
PostSubject: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:58 pm

this weeks newlsetter

Quote :
Hiya

a few fairly important updates

there is a video blog and a podcast on the front page of the site www.streetfightsecrets.net

the podcast focuses on the release of the new Supra States CD available now from here

http://www.streetfightsecrets.net/41.html

So Im going to be doing some travelling around the East over the next few months, starting in Thailand, then on to Malaysia, the Phillipines and China- Hopefully I'll eventually get to New Zealand and Oz too.

The consequence to you? Minimal! - for the last 6 weeks all orders have been handled by Angie who is now to be contacted for any queries regarding your orders at streetfightsecrets@gmail.com

All technical questions are still to come to me or be posted on the forum www.streetfightsecrets.darkbb.com , I will get internet access at least every two days.

Over the next 3 to 4 months I'll be focussing mainly on the psychological and verbal confrontation elements of training, keep an eye out for further updates.

Oh and Im now on bloody twitter, so if I cant access to internet I cant at least text and keep people updated so you know Im not dead, my username is "fightsecrets".

I'll do regular video blogs too as Im travelling if anything interesting worth filming comes up or if anything comes out of my combatively drenched brain that seems usable.

Ok thats it for now

Richie

ps when ordering the "Supra States" CD here http://www.streetfightsecrets.net/41.html be aware that you AUTOMATICALLY get an instant download in Mp3 format to listen to. Please follow onscreen instructions to download it.

;-)

Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Good luck & have fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:37 pm

"sawadee krab"

(practisin me thai innit)
Back to top Go down
markh

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:53 pm

Rich,

Man you've got me flashing back to the mid 1980's (yes I'm that old) and travel in the East stay safe, but not so safe that you don't have any memorable adventures, stay open to ways of the different cultures, and lastly learn to get your face slapped in as many languages as possible (that's if your still single).

Keep safe and train hard/smart, Mark H

ให้ปลอดภัยและรถไฟสุดสมาร์ท , Mark H
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:23 am

Richard Grannon wrote:
So Im going to be doing some travelling around the East over the next few months, starting in Thailand, then on to Malaysia, the Phillipines and China- Hopefully I'll eventually get to New Zealand and Oz too.

Over the next 3 to 4 months I'll be focussing mainly on the psychological and verbal confrontation elements of training, keep an eye out for further updates.

I'll do regular video blogs too as Im travelling if anything interesting worth filming comes up or if anything comes out of my combatively drenched brain that seems usable.

Ok thats it for now

Richie

OH MY GOURD, that's totally mindblowing to me. i'm happy for you and jealous beyond belief--in a healthy kind of wish-you-well kind of way. i'm excited for you to be off and hear the anecdotes and clips.

NICE

Behave in Malaysia!!! they don't mess there. i've had a number of hedonists pals from there completely unwinding in the UK,
only to go back and hold their collective breath upon their return. that said, they were all the nicest people i had ever met,
in a debauched and simulatniously naive kind of way. dated three girls from there--all ending with them out-growing me,
childish bastard that i was Embarassed

Thailand is my dad's old haunt--i'm sure i have some half-brothers walking the earth there scratch lol!

SALAMUT PATUNG
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:50 am

thanks guys

face slapping is ok

head chopping I would not be as happy with Razz
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:27 am

Hope you have a fun AND educational time out there Rich. I was 18/19 when I spent two months in the Philippines so it was a great eye-opener for me. Esp in terms of personal security.

I was tempted to write some basic personal security tips and then thought, "He'll already know this stuff". But then I thought, "But other readers may not...." So please allow me to bore the hell out of you with a list of personal safety tips Very Happy Feel free to stop reading when your eyes start to glaze over.

Bearing in mind that South East Asia is the number one breeding ground for islamic extremism (in terms of recruitment) and that the Philippines in particular has great reputation for kidnapping of us gringos (I know having almost been the victim of what I assume was an attempt to kidnap me)...

In general

Vary your routine (if you have one). Don't create a set pattern of behaviour that can be observed and utilized by baddies

Befriend the locals. The best way to do this... research the customs of whatever country you are in. Everybody has different value systems and therefore are offended by different things. (Example: In the phillipines, call somebody a putang ina or mother fucker as a joke and it's cool. Call them STUPID, even as a joke, and you're in the shit) You may have to part with some pesos or whatever as the guy expects payment for simply opening your taxi door, but better to just pay him off than piss him off. We are walking dollar signs out in those parts. The way they see it: we have everything and they have nothing (to lose).

In the Philippines you'll probably have armed guards around the hotel if you're in Makati or Manila. Get to know them, their names etc. These guys should be your new best mates for obvious reasons Smile

Generally though, there is a lot of Machismo is SE Asia, much like south America. Lots of posturing and willingess to fight, but only if pride has totally been trampled on and face seriously lost to the point where violence is the only way to get it back. The guys are REALLY dangerous? Well it's just like in any other part of the world - you'll see them from a mile away. Toughguys and psychos have the same look no matter what part of the world we're in Smile For the Philippines specifically - they're a party people. Lovers more than fighters I'd say.

If anybody (esp a beautiful girl) offers you some fruit (esp an orange) DONT' EAT IT. Just pre-empt them and run. Most common trick: orange laced with general anesthetic. You wake up naked and with no money, and if you're really unlucky like my mum's friend's son - you'll wake up having had the shit kicked out of your unconscious body too. And if you're really unlucky: an areshole the size of a manhole.

Register with the British embassy wherever you are. Not only does this allow Big Brother to track all your movements, but you will be given a contact in-country for if WW3 comes to your front door and you need to get out. Sounds crazy but 3months after I came back home, there was an attempted coup and the shopping mall I visited almost daily got rigged up with explosives! (I actually wished I had stayed around to see it)

Securing your accommodation

Door wedges. Not only useful for keeping doors open, but also for keeping them closed. Take about three with you, nice rubber ones (not plastic-y). When the door is closed, wedge em in under, over and along the side of the door and you got your self some form of lock.

Personal safety alarms are good for door/window safety too. They can often be rigged up so that they go off if the door is opened.

Check out fire escape routes. I was on the 10th floor in PI. The first day I was there, I walked down the stairs and followed the fire exit signs only to find that the door it lead to was locked. If there really was a fire or bomb, I'd have walked into a dead end. So my new plan was to (in the event of...) go down to the 1st floor and take my chances with the 1st floor balcony. It also makes sense to do a walk-through because in the heat and smokiness of a real bomb or fire, those signs wont be visible anyway.

Things to take

Flashlight. Surefire or Maglight are the best. Lots and lots of power cuts out there.

Door wedges as mentioned above.

Leatherman or similar multitool. They're just really handy.

Money belt for hiding under your tshirt or on your thigh to stash some emergency cash.

I could go on. But you get the picture. Most 'normal' sheep... er, I mean people would put all that down as paranoia. But as (mostly) SP instructors on this forum, I'm sure I don't need to explain that once you've got all your security in place... THEN we are free to have a good time and enjoy ourselves. Basic safety stuff like this, for me, doesn't make me paranoid but actually allows me to be relaxed and laid back... when I know everything is taken care of.

So yeah, have a good time Richie. You'll have a laugh and I guarantee that you will come back with some awesome stories. You're gonna love it! I'm pretty jealous, like Russ. I miss being followed by a van load of Islamic extremists....

IF YOU WANT ANY TIPS OR INFO SPECIFIC TO THE PHILIPPINES - PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME MATE. esp, if you need to know where to obtain certain items Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 pm

All good tips Shariff.

Door wedges especially. Though they can be pushed open from outside with a thin rule. Had a friend visit Thailand a few years ago, who woke up in his room with the cut thong still around his neck from his neck wallet, wallet missing. He still to this day comments about how glad he was that he never woke up & disturbed the robber, he's convinced they would have cut his throat. He didnt take any wedges though he had been advised

Last time I gave security advice to a friend going on holiday, he royally took the piss, then got off his flight in Mumbai in the first hour of the terrorist attack. He takes it seriously now.

Photocopies of passport & visa to take with you & leave copies with friends at home that can be faxed. I used to scan them & carry a backup on the usb I stored my photos on.

Ritchie, I am really bloody jealous & I hope you have a fabulous time.
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Those are some very good tips Sharif, will no doubt provide useful to lots more people than me as well. Especially the unexpected one, 'tell the Embassy you're in country'.

Also I had a mate go to Fiji and the locals used to like selling you illegal drugs and then grassing on you to their mate the copper.
Back to top Go down
BigSteve

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:38 am

Sweet tips, lots of stuff to think about. Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
technics1210

technics1210

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:07 am

have a great time!
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm sure you'll have an awesome time - looking forward to the video blogs .....

Advice to travelers in general? - In my experience, the further away you stay from tourist hotels and transport, the less likely it is you'll get ripped off. I took local buses pretty much everywhere, and stayed in non air conditioned shacks. Never got ripped off once.

Funniest/Hairiest story I heard from the PI - Guy turns up to do some full contact stick fighting, big guy, bag full of sticks. Is in a phone box calling for a ride. gets held up by 2 young girls with M16s - leave him in his standing in his undies! Shocked
Oh, and if you go to an Arnis/Eskrima school and they make you spar with the students - don't win. They'll keep putting you up against better guys and if you beat them, they'll probably get you later on the street.
Back to top Go down
AndyF

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Stick some bog roll in your bag/pocket.
Cos you havent been to SE asia until you have pebble dashed a squat toilet without noticing the water bucket is empty.

Also i like majia highly reccomend local buses and trains you'll save a fortune and see some cool stuff. Like all your luggage shooting out of an open door onto the motorway as the bus flies round a corner. Embarassed

Be sure to wander from the beaten track you might see something awesome.

SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know Picture454
Back to top Go down
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:02 am

All good suggestions.

I have a point about the money belt thing, I'm sure it's been said before, but if you've got your passport and cash in your money belt, and you don't carry a wallet, anyone who wants to rob you will have a reason to go on a treasure hunt all over you.

When I was in Detroit for a few years I had a 'dummy' wallet where I'd have a couple dollars in it, expired gym membership card, expired library card, expired visa card, expired bus pass etc... you get the idea... it's filled with things to look like a catch to someone, but upon further investigation it's completely worthless. This actually did save my ass once. Handing it over bought me time to get the hell outta there in one piece lol, and I didn't lose anything.

...and about that money belt... everyone knows people (tourists) use these now and where they are located, so strap it to your leg above your knee instead, or where ever it fits.

You could even have a 'dummy' money belt too... lol. ok i've just gone too far.

jocolor

Have fun Richie!

btw - Just got the Beta 8 in the mail today....WOOOHOOO!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:37 am

I forgot to say have fun Rich! Watched some more of your dvd's the other day, all good stuff. Enjoy yourself.
Back to top Go down
Danite

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:20 am

Have a good time Richie!
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:22 pm

CHALLENGE FOR RICHIE Wink lol!

WHEN YOU GET TO OZ

GOOD'ON'YA MATE if you can do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydD83k6MLDY&feature=related

note: the geographically challenged half wit that put the clip up
titled it 'wild african' something or other...
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:50 am

NO REASON...JUST HAD AN IMAGE OF YOU DECKING A KAMIR ROUGE GANG MEMBER--AND SOMEHOW ENDING UP
SITTING IN A THAI JAIL...BUT THEN I DID JUST SNARK A WHOLE BUNCH OF SHROOMS albino albino albino

NOW, BACK TO THE PEYOTE BUTTONS I WAS GOING TO SPRINKLE ON MY COFFEE FLAVORED DANNON YOGURT Sleep
WHO'S BACK THERE...WHO MADE THAT NOISE Shocked Sleep

AN ASIDE: IF YOU AREN'T SWEATING FISH-SAUCE [NUOC MAM, OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED] BY NOW YOU'VE BEEN EATING IN THE HOTEL [BURGERS, ETC...] YOU NAUGHTY BOY. YOU SHOULD BE HUMMING LIKE AN UPRIGHT WALKING SQUID BY NOW Surprised ..hang on, fook my western sensibilities, it's nahm plah in your neck of the woods now--i was thinking
in vietnamese. dang i could use a spring roll about now--feeling hungry and random as usual pirat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP-yrM5GqHc&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiMeuS-IU3s

" Thai Police
There are two kinds of police available to farangs:

Tourist Police in the Sathorn-Silom and central Sukhumvit areas, tel. 1155 (free call from any phone) or 678-6800

regular police everywhere, emergency number 191 or 123 (free call from any phone)
The Thai police are usually quite trustworthy and reasonable, and often have adequate to good English skills, especially in Bangkok. However, there are some guidelines you should follow as regards the police:

If a conflict erupts, keep your composure. In Thai society, keeping your cool is very important. This includes with the police. Hotheads are considered dangerous to other people in addition to a danger to themself, and are dealt with by a decisive and swift display of force. Cool heads are dealt with reasonably and without force.

Conflicts are dealt with as amicably and reasonably as possible, and to minimize loss of face of either party of a conflict.

In some hot spots, there are corrupt police (see discussion below). If you have a problem with a powerful underworld person, then it will often not be dealt with completely, though you may get reasonable relief of your own problem as long as you don't want to cause additional problems. However, be careful. In some places, the Tourist Police may be the best recourse.

The security guard of a local establishment is often your first recourse.

The Thai police are civil servants who are poorly paid for performing the kind of job that's often thankless and sometimes dangerous. Many are overworked, especially the hot day traffic shifts. If you need their services, then be prepared to tip them very well. (Of course, not as a bribe for favoritism, as that can get you in immeasurable trouble, but to support them in performing their duty of righteous service.) Give them the respect they deserve for their professionalism and experience. These guys have seen it all...

Thai police generally do not get involved in personal disputes unless there is a threat of injury by one party or the other. The police are very hands off in interpersonal matters. If there are legal agreements as part of the conflict, then you should go to the police station or, better yet, your lawyer. If you call the police out, for example to extract your property from the apartment of an ex-lover, or in regard to a theft with realistic hopes of recovery, then be prepared to tip the police for success in getting any of your property back.

If you have an accident, do not flee the scene or else you may be presumed guilty. Some farangs advise that you should run because as a farang you'll be extorted of money. First hand accounts usually do not support that allegation. If you're guilty or it's hazy who's guilty, then you'll have to pay your fair share and should do so without resentment. But if you run, then if you're found you may be confined in jail or with a large bail until a court date, more or less like an ordinary Thai would be.

Foreigners who dress well and behave well are treated with high respect. The police of Thailand treat farangs graciously, just like other Thais, as long as farangs treat Thais the same. If you are respectful, then you will be respectable.

Don't believe everything you hear about the police. Put more emphasis on first hand accounts than hearsay, and consider the kind of person the source is.
The police usually walk with an air of authority, as they should, but you'll also note that the police are usually courteous, do not speak tough and will truly listen. Compared with the typical traffic cop in the U.S. and certain other western countries, the Thai police are quite reasonable. However, if you treat them with disrespect or aggression, then you will quickly find out just how strong an authority they can be, and you won't be improving your situation at all.

Though you know farangs better and may have rapport with a lot of farangs, do not assume that other farangs are more trustworthy than Thais, or believe the horror stories you may hear about corrupt police as if they're the norm rather than the exception (and many are exaggerated stories, one-sided). In fact, you may find that the farangs in Thailand may on average be more dangerous than the Thais around them in their locality, and more dangerous than the police. A high concentration of problems generally occur in and around the farang areas, by both criminal Thais attracted to farang money areas, and deadbeat farangs in Thailand who have no true gainful employment (who checks their cover stories?) and are instead predators on other, naive farangs. Scams abound far more in the farang parts of town.

In general, you will find the Thais in the nicer pure Thai areas to be quite trustworthy, as well as the police. Be careful what parts of town you circulate and do business in.

Some farangs say to not go to the Thai police. However, if trouble comes your way, then the Thai police or Tourist police are usually your best recourse. Who are you going to trust more, a questionable farang or the police? There may be a reason the farang doesn't want you to contact the police -- they don't want a problem (i.e., they want to scare you), or else their attitude towards the police may be due to resentment over having been prosecuted for being on the wrong side of the law, or else they may be too gullible to the general rumblings in the farang underworld. The police are more accountable as a civil servant with job responsibilities, than is the typical farang hanging out.

Of course, in some hot spots, there are corrupt policemen and you should be very careful. Criminals tend to exist ... and continue to exist ... in areas where they are tolerated, usually by bribes. In these places, the tourist police are often a better recourse than the regular police.

If you talk with farangs who are the kind to generally stay out of trouble, you will find that their experiences with the regular police have been pleasant and fair in the vast majority of situations. Put more weight on the word of people who have direct experiences, not hearsay.

Unlike in many western communities, the Thai police tend to be well connected on what's going on in their communities, and have ways of finding out new information. Sometimes, it may take time to resolve a problem, but it will usually be resolved in relative fairness and with a lot of information in the hands of the police.

If you're going to be in Thailand for a long time, then you should take some opportunities to get to know people in higher places as you see fit. Become a known entity with many references.

Of course, you should also not make trouble for yourself and become known in that way...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General contact information for the Tourist Police:

Head office:

TPI Tower
25/26 Liab Khong Rd., Chong Nonsi Junction
New Chan Rd.
Thung Mahamek
Sathorn
Tel: 678-6800

Major branch, near the Tourism Authority of Thailand office:

4 Rajdamnon Rd.
near Rajdamnon Boxing Stadium
Tel: 1155

About the Thai Police
The Thai police have low official salaries, typically 6000 baht ($125) per MONTH, and the police stations are poorly paid by the government. Imagine raising a family on that!

In Bangkok, they get most of their support from their community, which means monthly fees from the gold shops they protect, traffic violations and other behavioral fines paid on the spot (without a citation written out), an unofficial commission from brothels, bribes from entertainment places so they can stay open later than the law permits, and things like that.

The sum total of all that varies by police district. Some of the "Grade A" station assignees are priviledged with substantial sums of income, whereas many provincial policemen are more laid back in their expectations.

Individual officers on the beat are expected to pass a big chunk of the money they collect up the chain to help support the police station and the desk job people.

You would be surprised what is illegal in Thailand. One glaring example is prostitution (which can be argued to be a victimless crime in its mainstream practice). Practically every massage parlour and go-go bar pays a reasonable monthly fee to the local police station, and that's usually all there is to it. However, if they get out of control, then they can be shut down by application of the law.

For example, massage parlours and go-go bars are permitted only in certain areas, like an informal zoning. Likewise, prostitutes overtly plying their trade out in the open public are subject to arrest and removal.

By keeping "grey" things technically illegal, they are controlled at the discretion of the local police station.

It is amazing to many foreigners that in general the police do not abuse their authority here. Like everywhere else, there are always some bad cops on the job in Thailand, and cases abound of conspiracies and dirty money. However, most Thai police are honorable and reasonable, and you should put things into proper perspective as regards "the rule, not the exceptions".

Usually, the police are professional, respectful and courteous. Much of this is due to the Thai way of settling disputes as peacefully and mutually honorably as possible. The police force are also well trained.

However, the minimum educational specification for applying to the police academy is completion of a high school education, and the requirements were even lower a while back (now older police). While many applicants have a Bachelor's Degree, it's not a requirement because of concern there won't be enough good non-commissioned personnel. There also needs to be better training of non-commissioned officers in conducting investigations and the English language.

Police housing consists of small apartments that are very basic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See also the section on embassies of other countries.

Human Trafficking Links
To report human trafficking, especially of children, send e-mail to children@interpol.int

Trafficking in human beings means "All acts and attempted acts involved in the recruitment, transportation within or across borders, purchase, sale, transfer, receipt or harbouring of a person involving the use of deception, coercion (including the use or threat of force or the abuse of authority) or debt bondage for the purpose of placing or holding such person, whether for pay or not, in involuntary servitude (domestic, sexual or reproductive) in forced or bonded labour, or in slavery-like conditions, in a community other than the one in which such person lived at the time of the original deception, coercion, or debt bondage."

Interpol takes this seriously, as one of its top 4 most important crime programs. See Interpol's history and viewpoint at http://www.interpol.com/Public/ICPO/speeches/20011219.asp

See also: UNIFEM, UNDP, SeaWatch."Trafficking in Women and Children in the Mekong sub-Region Resource Kit." 1998. Available: http://www.unifem-eseasia.org/Resources/Traffick2.html

The U.S. government is helping out with a 30 million baht program in Thailand aimed at public education for prevention, protection of victims, and prosecution. The embassy website has a page at http://usa.or.th/services/docs/reports/humanfacts02.htm (last checked September 2002). The project ends in 2003.

Drug Trafficking Links
To report drug trafficking, send e-mail to drugs@interpol.int

Transnational Fugitive Links
To report transnational fugitives, send e-mail to fugitives@interpol.int

Interpol Link
For more information on Interpol, the international police coordinating organization with 179 member countries, see www.interpol.int or www.interpol.com

Other Links
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, www.NCMEC.org , is US based but has some international points of contact. I list this because some of the local Thai NGOs don't respond well to English messages or calls or faxes, but usually respond better when prodded from international organizations. This NCMEC organization is just so much better than anything local in Thailand ... but they have yet to get a cooperating Thai NGO or government entity listed. Note that in their Malaysia division, they have processed more than 16,000 cases.

Partial list of foreign prisoners in Thailand: help-a-prisoner website. This is just a volunteer website and relies on inputs from visitors for prisoner info, so that it's not nearly a complete list. It introduces the Bang Kwang prison, tells you how to get there, and the process of how you can go visit inmates. You can give them things like books and groceries. Most of the foreigners in there were sentenced for drugs related infractions. (Thanks to Phil Macdonald
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Rus, your better than the Foreign Office. You are even better than Ceefax.
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:35 pm

^ He means it, he really does! And i'm with him 100%, stellar knowledge Russ.
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Nice one Russ. Good call.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know   SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know Empty

Back to top Go down

SFS goes on tour in the East - Things you need to know
Page 1 of 1