Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!

Go down 
+3
thugsage
markh
Richard Grannon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! Empty
PostSubject: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:26 pm

ah hahaha!

just a quick one before I go to the gym -was supposed to be in there an hour ago but have just had a flood of emails and work through

In business, there are rules, Im no great shakes as a business man- but there are SOP's to business, tried and tested- if you follow them you get the results

In training, there are rules, I go to the gym, if I do x+y it will equal z

In your SP work, there are rules, follow them and unless you've got a contract out on you by some local crims, you will not come unstuck

the problem?

twofold:

a. its boring
b. there is a little kid inside all of us that silently suspects it knows better

the solution

stop yourself from looking for the new, the latest, the bizzare, the exotic, it will dissipate your energy and waste your time- follow a tried and tested format, no matter what the endeavour, SUBMIT TO THE PROCESS and focus on the RESULT

quite zen really

noone said training had to be an exciting, thrillride voyage of discovery, something that will stimulate your overfried pleasure centres- the best stuff comes from GRAFT

dont know if thats an english word that will confuse non english folk- it means: hard work

repetitive, reliable, dull and durable

how many times Im going to have to learn this myself before it sticks I dont know pirat

here is the new product release

http://www.streetfightsecrets.net/core_visualisation_module_one_special_offer.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
markh

PostSubject: Re: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey Rich good post.

To many people looking for the quick easy way of doing things expecting to be able to get there (wherever there is...success, fitness, etc) without putting in the time. The concept of "work ethic" is disappearing, and people just don't want to put in the time, energy, and commitment to get someplace.

A related interesting read is "Talent Is Overrated" about how the most successful people may have some natural abilities, but the thing that takes them to the top of their game is dedicated training and commitment coupled with focus.

This has recently impacted my thought process about training. In the old days there was the old saying that "Pain is just weakness leaving the body" I now choose to think of it as "Pain is just experience entering the body" put in the time and effort and you gain the experience.

The new product looks interesting.

Keep safe and train hard/smart, Mark H
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
In business, there are rules, Im no great shakes as a business man- but there are SOP's to business, tried and tested- if you follow them you get the results
In your SP work, there are rules, follow them and unless you've got a contract out on you by some local crims, you will not come unstuck

the problem?

twofold:

a. its boring
b. there is a little kid inside all of us that silently suspects it knows better

the solution

stop yourself from looking for the new, the latest, the bizzare, the exotic, it will dissipate your energy and waste your time- follow a tried and tested format, no matter what the endeavour, SUBMIT TO THE PROCESS and focus on the RESULT

quite zen really

noone said training had to be an exciting, thrillride voyage of discovery, something that will stimulate your overfried pleasure centres- the best stuff comes from GRAFT

i lose half my students to this kind of stuff--everyone's so ADHD these days.
"what are we doing today mr. russell?"
"oh, great question mate...let me think...oh yeah, the same fooking thing we do every week, only this time lets try and knock out all the whining and half-arsed effort you cunt" [actually the only thing i don't say is 'you cunt'--but you know i'm thinking it Embarassed , everything else is a quote Razz ]. on the humorous side, those that have stuck with me longer sort of get satisfaction from others setting themselves up with this style of questioning and lethargy.

i think i'm lucky, or a simpleton--either way. i like tried and true. i don't need whistles and show girls. i want to go to some dark meditative place, and for me it's a great deal more reasuring to take some set of conditions and exploit them to the point no one can touch them. the variation comes no matter what anyone thinks--during reality like reactionary drills. you don't have the feeling of mastery without it.

ditto on the dvd--it looks really good. maybe i will just do it every day and be even more edgy and moody affraid , maybe i like being that way lol!
i can believe it though. when you gain some agro confidence, it's almost--for me, hard to really want
to let go of it. when my disposition started going through some changes, i could see what was happening and the potential cons...then the other side of me sort of thought, "maybe i'll just see if i can't stay moody and quiet, hmmm scratch " in the end it pays to be a careful observer of people's natures, to include one's own. i've had some close calls that afford me insights into my potential to snap/trigger. it's good to continually check in with oneself, it's also good to find a place that will serve you. that may just end up being my next investment either way. the mind stuff for me is 90% of the game won cheers

and that stuff about people trying to replace fright with sexy physical techniques, ha ha ha, spot on mate.
okay, sexy was my word, but you know that's what they want--people who look like shrek trying to imagine themselves as claud van damn'it in disco wear sailing over people in matrix slo-mo whilst onlookers shite themselves with awe. i liken a fight, instead, to attempting to get across a ice skating ring with olive oiled house slippers, whilst you try and knock someone out as you quickly approach one of the guard rails geek

rambling alert: taking steps now...3rd coffee does it every time monkey
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Funny, my teacher, trainer, sifu, sensie, tutor (whats the right term for combatives?) was bemoaning the high drop off rate of students, to me the other day.

The problem is that people want magic! Simple quick solutions that require no effort but that will solve complex problems. Or cool looking techniques that are flash & will devastate your opponent, whilst attracting all watching girls

The majority of students who stay are like me in their 30's & have usually studied a TMA long term before starting this. I know that personally, I had had it with woo & was looking for practicality.
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Richard reminded me of this today. Seems I need to be reminded quite often.

"It’s average Joe I should be worried about"

So true… yet as instructors it’s so easy to lose touch with that. What I mean is, we may have gotten to a point in our training where warm fuzzies, belts and something new is irrelevant to those that have been doing this a while. But that probably wasn’t always the case. I am sure many can remember back at the excitement that drove you to get to class, just so you could see what you might learn next or do in class tonight. Ahh to be a fresh student again…

So the hard part as instructors is to find new and creative ways of doing the same thing and to try and help motivate them to stick with it. At least that’s how I look at it. I still like new things… like the way someone else does this or that. Doesn’t mean I am going to try and adopt it or even put any real time into it, because I know what I have is solid. But it’s just fun….
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Learning and teaching are both interesting processes, and often ones that only become clear looking back.
I'm at a stage in my personal training where I'm happy in a corner doing one thing over and over again for the whole workout. I find it meditative and really engaging ..... but I think that's because I have the right questions in my head that i want to answer, and repetition helps me find those answers ... or yet the next question.
I can see why back in the day the teacher told the beginner to go stand in horse stance or something in the corner for the whole class and basically left them to it. Great gauge of who had the focus and mindset to be 'worth teaching'.
Now I also remember very clearly wanting to get the next new piece of the form, or the next technique in class and how exciting learning something new every time was. The next piece, the next form, finish the set, the next set etc etc ..... It's like a little kid putting everything it can find in it's mouth. Early learning.
Perhaps there is a maturity curve to being a student that needs to be an infant before growing up? And perhaps there are many that just never grow up ....?
Back to top Go down
dellboy7500

dellboy7500

PostSubject: Re: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 am

I think it down right laziness.The youth of today arnt used to having to work to achieve anything,its just ask mummy or daddy.I also think that people watch to many holywood films,where they train for half an hour then hay presto" im f##king bruce lee!!!". I think anyone who becomes good at anything is because they have the right mental state.I remember when i was younger i liked darts Embarassed and i decided that i wanted to be up there with the best:So,i had to play 4\5 hours a day,day in,day out.It wasnt always fun but i knew that if i wanted to achieve my goal,i had no choice.You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.Many people like the idea of been a good fighter until they realize they have to actually train to be good.Anyway,why would they train to be good when all they need to do is pick up a knife and run up and stab someone from behind!!!Isnt that the new art of fighting scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!   Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Follow the F@&$ing RULES!
Page 1 of 1