Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UncloudedFall

The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Anyone watching the latest series of the Ultimate Fighter? This time its the heavyweights, and amongst the fighters is the one and only Kimbo Slice. Much to my surprise he has been chosen to fight in week 3 (about 5 days from now) against Roy "Big Country" Nelson I believe the other fighters name is. I had thought that Dana White would have had a whisper into the ears of both coaches, and told them to hold back on picking what is an obvious draw card till later in the series. After all, if Kimbo loses, he is out.
Anyone care to make a call as to the outcome? Big Country apparently has loads of experience, but Kimbo looks like he has been hitting the juice heavy before coming on the show, and is freaking massive. I am inclined to go with Kimbo myself.
Back to top Go down
nix

nix

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:28 pm

heh, ok, I'll bite...
Kimbo Slice by decision after a third round. Slugfest all the way.
As much as they tried to focus on Kimbo's improved ground game, he still has none (even after having trained with Bas Rutten).
Roy Nelson wants to win by knock out to prove a point. He has a much stronger ground game that Kimbo but his arrogance
will get in the way.
As an additional note, I'm really bad at picking winners in MMA fights. Wink
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:18 am

put me down for 'kimbo'. the details, couldn't say...3rd round sounds reasonable Nix.
i think all that Bas Rutten training has prepared him not so much for the ground, but
to avoid the ground [he says in true 'arm-chair' fashion Razz ]

i wouldn't bet money on anything, since any sign of gambling has certainly proved
disasterous in the past Shocked

a gentlemen's bet, sure cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
zen3131

zen3131

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 1:21 am

Kimbo seems like a genuinley nice guy and is quickly picking up the mma being taught to him.. I hope he goes really far.

Kimbo slice will knock him out.
Back to top Go down
nix

nix

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Quote :
...Kimbo Slice by decision after a third round. Slugfest all the way....
Strangely enough I'm still available if anyone needs help with their sports handicapping. Shocked
Back to top Go down
UncloudedFall

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Well, how wrong can you get?! Very Happy
Perhaps I should cross post this in the value of conditioning thread I put up in the general section! Kimbo looked in awesome shape, but seemed to have very little strength at all, Big Country, well, what can you say about a strategy of practically smothering your opponent with your stomach, and then hitting the top part of their skull that protruded? Later on I think I will take a still from the vid of both fighters and put it up.
Perhaps my eye is not attuned enough, but I didn't see any great skills from BC. Stupidity from Kimbo in the 2nd round in going up on one leg for a knee when the 265lb bloke is crashing down/into him, but beyond that, simply from the physique differences, I expected a lot more power/strength from Kimbo. Then again, I have seen quite a few youtube vids of juice heads who physically look much bigger than myself, yet are struggling with weight that are nothing to me. Guess it goes to show the truth of never ever underestimating your opponent.
Back to top Go down
ARodomus

ARodomus

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 pm

UncloudedFall wrote:
Well, how wrong can you get?! Very Happy
Perhaps I should cross post this in the value of conditioning thread I put up in the general section! Kimbo looked in awesome shape, but seemed to have very little strength at all, Big Country, well, what can you say about a strategy of practically smothering your opponent with your stomach, and then hitting the top part of their skull that protruded? Later on I think I will take a still from the vid of both fighters and put it up.
Perhaps my eye is not attuned enough, but I didn't see any great skills from BC. Stupidity from Kimbo in the 2nd round in going up on one leg for a knee when the 265lb bloke is crashing down/into him, but beyond that, simply from the physique differences, I expected a lot more power/strength from Kimbo. Then again, I have seen quite a few youtube vids of juice heads who physically look much bigger than myself, yet are struggling with weight that are nothing to me. Guess it goes to show the truth of never ever underestimating your opponent.

I haven't seen the match yet, but the general opinion amongst the mma heads has been that Kimbo should of taken it? I need to watch the match, but you'd think if there were any doubt that they'd give the benefit to Kimbo as he is such a draw. It must of been convincing no?

I'll try to watch it soon. I haven't seen UF in a long time.. Since the Couture\Lidell season... (Since I don't have cable)... Hehehe....
Back to top Go down
http://www.arodomus.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)   The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter (UFC Reality Show)
Page 1 of 1