Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We often only go half the way...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zen3131

zen3131

We often only go half the way... Empty
PostSubject: We often only go half the way...   We often only go half the way... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm a big fan of used bookstores and most of the books I own are second, third maybe even 5th hand.

Out of the positive thinking/psychology section I picked up a book from 1983 from Dr. Robert Schuller.

As I thumbed through the book I noticed something interesting and a little sad.

Whoever purchased this book originally was clearly an excited and motivated reader. Many paragraphs in the first half of the book are underlined, little asterisks highlight certain sections, even the introduction is underlined!

Then something interesting happens...well actually nothing happenes. The reader only made it to page 90. Page 91 to page 248 are unread. untouched.

Though I have no idea who purchased this book 26 years ago, I feel I know something about them that perhaps no one but themselves knows...

I've certainly been that way, heck, I'm still like that! Often starting, never finishing...

A quote from Jack Canfield jumps to my mind and I think is fitting when I consider my own tendency of starting but never finishing. "How you do anything, is how you do everything"
Back to top Go down

We often only go half the way...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: Off Topic-
Jump to: