Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Size Matter?

Go down 
+7
soahc
RichardB
Danite
chulodog
maija
D.M.B.
Richard Grannon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Does Size Matter? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Size Matter?   Does Size Matter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:08 pm

... Ive got a feeling you have a point coming dellboy... its coming... I can feel it... pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
dellboy7500

dellboy7500

PostSubject: Re: Does Size Matter?   Does Size Matter? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:36 am

you sound like my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz Razz hahahaha My point is that 9 out of 10 would of had the rugby bloke down to win,not just because of his size but because of his age.Males strenght peaks at about 30-35yrs.So normally you would think on average that a man at 35 would be stronger than a 20yr old.So,maybe it was speed and agillity plus surprise that won the day!!??Of course it could be the rugby bloke was pissed and didnt see it comming(or perhaps the footy bloke been buying your dvd`s cheers )
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Does Size Matter?   Does Size Matter? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:00 am

hahaha!

yeah Ive seen a fair few examples of little guys getting the drop on bigger guys, I've even been that smaller guy myself a few times- I mean those laws of physics apply both ways and a jumping punch that lands flush tappin that chin sweet spot is going to rock your head and knock you out whether you are 13 stone or 30 stone (within reason, obviously the further along the size weight disparity scale you go the less return on investment you will see Wink )

but the point remains

does size MATTER?

yes it definitely does MATTER?

if we are to ask another question, is it the deciding factor?

oh hell no!

... if it was, we would be discussing how to make 5000 calories cookie milshakes

www.pieatingsecrets.com (my secret? always follow a large sized kebab with a pint of full fat milk and an entire pack of jaffa cakes)
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Danite

PostSubject: Re: Does Size Matter?   Does Size Matter? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Correct training can overcome the advantages of size in my opinion, thats why correct training is so important! cheers
Back to top Go down
dellboy7500

dellboy7500

PostSubject: Re: Does Size Matter?   Does Size Matter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 am

aah kebabs Very Happy Brings back good memory`s cheers .....Anyway,i remember watching Herbie Hide fighting Riddick Bowe back in 95 i think it was!?? That was quite amusing.IT was like watching David vs Goliath,only this time David got the s::t pounded out of him!!!!!Now Herbie was very quick and nimble and had good technique but he was just to small and couldnt take the heavy shots from Bowe.I remember being surprised at how long he lasted actually.They had to fight in a small ring and use the same rules but i think had it of been out in the street with no rules,i think with Herbies superior speed and agility,he would win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Size Matter?   Does Size Matter? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Size Matter?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2