Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

take that head offline

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

take that head offline Empty
PostSubject: take that head offline   take that head offline EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:10 am

was that a catchy enough title Razz

i usually have a nice drill kinda sorta based on using the speed it takes to not have someone
able to look at you--by sending that chin up or sideways, within the framework of a borrage of
strikes and forward motion. as i'm a shorty, and most of my students are...i haven't been giving
it enough thought for a new giant in my class, who has been instructed to follow the same plan
of spinning the head, but it made me re'aquaint myself with my old game plan of nailing the person
'in their eyes before spinning that head. i don't always have the shot, but he fooking does. the rest
is all base of the head, side junction of ear/corroted/chin-spin. but it made me reflect on at least
one fight that ended as soon as my hard wee knuckles sank into someone's soft eyeball.

anyway. the real point of this is to say that i stopped thinking of people beyond my build as that was
primarily the size of my pupils. it forced me to think outside the box. he's doing great, it wasn't a big deal but it was funny. he can still send a chin upwards...but as his range supercedes that of the average student [of mine], new avenues of fun have opened up for me Razz

ARE YOU THINKING THROUGH THE EYES OF YOUR STUDENTS, OR ARE YOU GUILTY OF PROJECTING AS I'VE BEEN DOING. it wasn't so much of a deficiency, as it was a sort of inner oopsy.

"oh yeah, some lads are massive and want to defend themselves, hmmm scratch " Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: take that head offline   take that head offline EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:37 pm

last one on one session I did was with a 6ft 7 guy... he hurt his wrist palming the thai pad until I realised I had to tip the pad up to replicate the slope of the skull he would be hitting DOWN (from his height) into

mea culpa

yeah we humans will never waste an opportunity to project our own frame of reality onto every other phucka around us drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: take that head offline   take that head offline EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 am

Richard Grannon wrote:

mea culpa

yeah we humans will never waste an opportunity to project our own frame of reality onto every other phucka around us drunken

Laughing

nice....and nice use of phucka lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: take that head offline   take that head offline Empty

Back to top Go down

take that head offline
Page 1 of 1